The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When searching the forums for Toppling Charge...

Observant
Observant
✭✭✭✭
When you search for "toppling charge," and you get this:
aGKpntE.png
You know you have a problem. Even the french know its bugged.

Recent Poll.

zPDxfov.png

Screenshot of section in Patch notes calling it a "post global cooldown."

jQQ1nMl.png

Link to ESO Live on 02/13/2015 where Eric Wrobel says its a "bug" and they are going to fix it. @59m35s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSjxZZTS1Uw#t=59m35s

Eric: "That's just a bug, and we're looking into getting it fixed"
Gina: "Done!"
Templars who actually play the game: "Nope! Still broken."

I wonder what the moderators think when they read this. Forum moderators are not developers. I know they have to take action if we let our frustration get the better of us but I wonder what they think of the developers and their ability to go home every night knowing the poor state of this game. Knowing that their game is broken, has been broken, in many ways, since launch.

And when they leave the office and come home to their families, who ask "how was work." how do they answer?

"Work was good. I am working for a company that released a game half-baked and its still half-baked but my managers wont let me fix it because all my time is taken working on console development and management won't give me the time or resources to fix game breaking bugs that have been frustrating existing players since launch. That's how work was."

Yolo posted this in a separate GD thread, but I feel it deserves to be more than just another comment.
Thanks for the cheap laughs and the salty tears, Mr. Swagonborn!
Edited by Observant on March 31, 2015 12:48PM
Vehemence
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    This should actually be highly regarded as a problem across the board for ESO. Every player, regardless of class should see how utterly incompetent and negligent ZOS is acting toward this issue.
    #nerfkeyboards
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man..look at the dates on that search print screen..October/August 2014

LOL ..on my Templar I use invasion with the risk of remaining out of stam...rather than 10 secs in "global cooldown"
    when I see a Templar with toppling charge I think "doesn't he have the bug? or he is just a fool ?"
    Edited by Ashanne on March 31, 2015 4:11PM
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »

LOL ..on my Templar I use invasion with the risk of remaining out of stam...rather than 10 secs in "global cooldown"
    when I see a Templar with toppling charge I think "doesn't he have the bug? or he is just a fool ?"

Sadly, I'm one of those Templars when ganking or 1vX :cry: The bug is so hit or miss, it's the deciding factor between me winning/losing the fight the majority of the time.
    Vehemence
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He has the bug and rather than a fool, just an unfortunate player who'd rather not be tied to the sword and shield.

And yes, doing a search on toppling charge leads to a very amusing, if sad, results page.
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭

He has the bug and rather than a fool, just an unfortunate player who'd rather not be tied to the sword and shield.

And yes, doing a search on toppling charge leads to a very amusing, if sad, results page.

Rendolphe has been using Charge in his builds since launch. Same deal there and you can see it in his edits. I'm sure he probably has a string of clips showcasing how he could have won if TC would have let him.
    #nerfkeyboards
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - I don't even think this needs a comment... at this point, I hope pics supplied by OP justify the frustration that is being felt across the board. [snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_AlexD on March 31, 2015 11:04PM
    #nerfkeyboards
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    /signed
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    This NEEDS to be fixed.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on March 31, 2015 11:35PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to share from today experience: decided to use it while closing dolmen: casted charge - stacked in animation, after bug ended casted again and stacked in animation, after second time bug ended casted 3rd time... and stacked in animation. 3 stack in a row with 3 cast. Should i say what i thinking about it?
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really good summary of the issues. The Toppling Charge one in my mind is just mind-boggling. Really, how hard is it for someone to take 2 seconds to confirm whether it is a bug or not?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Todays patch notes...
    Templar

Dawns Wrath
    Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was getting the full 40% damage bonus, regardless of caster’s magicka value.

STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT EH?
    RD has had more tweaks in the last month than this skill (you know, the gap closer that's been broken since launch..) has in the last TWELVE!

How about putting it in the known issues for now, at the very least.
    Don't pretend this isn't happening.
    Edited by Observant on April 6, 2015 3:45PM
    Vehemence
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another patch, still not even an official answer from ZOS after a year of having the skill bugged.

Literally, a year.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another patch, still not even an official answer from ZOS after a year of having the skill bugged.

Literally, a year.

Hey @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_RobertM @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_TristanK @Every-other-random-ZOS-employee-that-pops-up.

Did we mention it's been a year yet?

First mod to make this happen will be a legend to the community.
    Vehemence
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Hey guys, we'll go through this thread later today to compile your reports and see if these issues are being investigated or not.

We got a response in the general forum. Lets see what comes of it.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

We just wanted to let you know that we're investigating this issue. We appreciate the reports!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there folks,

We just wanted to let you know that we're investigating this issue. We appreciate the reports!

+1000 Points for you, Sir.

Much appreciated, thank you.

Also, using this skill (and any other gap-closers) can potentially lock you in place until you can charge to another enemy.
    Vehemence
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    Hey there folks,

Also, using this skill (and any other gap-closers) can potentially lock you in place until you can charge to another enemy.

With all due respect, this is the exact same cann'd comment they say about a lot of stuff (if you can actually get them to respond). I guess going the "kissing up" route might get some results but if you look through any of the threads with these bug's you see the same type of response...and nothing to show for it.

Just saying! :smiley:
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    As promised, here is an update for some of the abilities that were called out. Keep in mind we tried to focus only on abilities that appeared to be bugged, and not actual design decisions. We know some of the answers may seem a little vague, but we honestly just don't have a solid date yet for some of these fixes. Hope this helps, though, and let us know if you have any follow up questions!

Focused Charge: This ability has a GCD that locks you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    Eclipse: After a successful spell reflect, you are unable to use any abilities for a few seconds. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    Solar Barrage: This ability grants empower, but does not apply to AoEs. It turns out that the bonus damage wasn’t applying to itself, and we’re currently testing a fix for this.
    Sun Fire and Solar Flare: The travel speed of these projectiles is noticeably slower than other casted-projectile spells (such as Crystal Frags). We plan on increasing the travel speed for these projectiles in a future update.
    Breath of Life: This ability appears to have a consistent delay after activation. We plan on increasing the cast time for this ability in a future update.
    Puncturing Strikes: We’re seeing reports that this ability is giving a 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback. We’re currently investigating to see if this is a bug or working as intended, and will let you know when we have an answer.

khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should actually be highly regarded as a problem across the board for ESO. Every player, regardless of class should see how utterly incompetent and negligent ZOS is acting toward this issue.

Exactly. My main is a Sorc and I have been campaigning for this fix for months. Thanks @Observant for deeming my post worthy of its own thread.

You might also want to check Gina's response in This Thread
    As promised, here is an update for some of the abilities that were called out. Keep in mind we tried to focus only on abilities that appeared to be bugged, and not actual design decisions. We know some of the answers may seem a little vague, but we honestly just don't have a solid date yet for some of these fixes. Hope this helps, though, and let us know if you have any follow up questions!
    • Focused Charge: This ability has a GCD that locks you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Eclipse: After a successful spell reflect, you are unable to use any abilities for a few seconds. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Solar Barrage: This ability grants empower, but does not apply to AoEs. It turns out that the bonus damage wasn’t applying to itself, and we’re currently testing a fix for this.
    • Sun Fire and Solar Flare: The travel speed of these projectiles is noticeably slower than other casted-projectile spells (such as Crystal Frags). We plan on increasing the travel speed for these projectiles in a future update.
    • Breath of Life: This ability appears to have a consistent delay after activation. We plan on increasing the cast time for this ability in a future update.
    • Puncturing Strikes: We’re seeing reports that this ability is giving a 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback. We’re currently investigating to see if this is a bug or working as intended, and will let you know when we have an answer.

That comment about breath of life has me worried however...
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. My main is a Sorc and I have been campaigning for this fix for months. Thanks @Observant for deeming my post worthy of its own thread.

• Focused Charge: This ability has a GCD that locks you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Eclipse: After a successful spell reflect, you are unable to use any abilities for a few seconds. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Solar Barrage: This ability grants empower, but does not apply to AoEs. It turns out that the bonus damage wasn’t applying to itself, and we’re currently testing a fix for this.
    • Sun Fire and Solar Flare: The travel speed of these projectiles is noticeably slower than other casted-projectile spells (such as Crystal Frags). We plan on increasing the travel speed for these projectiles in a future update.
    • Breath of Life: This ability appears to have a consistent delay after activation. We plan on increasing the cast time for this ability in a future update.
    • Puncturing Strikes: We’re seeing reports that this ability is giving a 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback. We’re currently investigating to see if this is a bug or working as intended, and will let you know when we have an answer.

That whole post has me worried...

I can spam Toppling Charge with no problems when I don't get stuck in animation, which leads me to believe it has ZERO to do with the Global Cool Down, and they clearly haven't even looked into it. It's also not 1-2 seconds of lockout, more like 5-10 seconds. (Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong)

and that BOL comment... I'm going to pretend they didn't say that.
    Edited by Observant on April 8, 2015 11:44AM
    Vehemence
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can spam Toppling Charge with no problems when I don't get stuck in animation, which leads me to believe it has ZERO to do with the Global Cool Down, and they clearly haven't even looked into it. It's also not 1-2 seconds of lockout, more like 5-10 seconds. (Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong)

After giving all templars a minor heart attack, she clairified: Might not be the best solutions as long animations are as bad as long cast times but at least its not a cast time.

Wow, sorry guys. That was 100% my fault and just poor (ie: wrong!) wording. What we're planning to do is increase the animation, not the cast time. A faster animation will result in the heal occurring sooner after the button is pressed.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

AHAHAHahahhaha
    Made my day!
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭

After giving all templars a minor heart attack, she clairified: Might not be the best solutions as long animations are as bad as long cast times but at least its not a cast time.

Wow, sorry guys. That was 100% my fault and just poor (ie: wrong!) wording. What we're planning to do is increase the animation, not the cast time. A faster animation will result in the heal occurring sooner after the button is pressed.

AHAHAHAHA - ya right. Heard it all before. Thanks for pretending to give a *** and doing work. All that you link for "fixes" we've been telling you about for way too long. GO DO YOUR JOB NOW and fix it. Enough ***.
    #nerfkeyboards
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget how frequently we get stuck in animation while using it. Happens to me so frequently that I've just taken it off my bar at this point.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would anyone be interested in forming a group of templars and then attempt to simultaneously become stuck in the animation so that we can joust one another with the stuck-spears?
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of fixing it..

They just broke all charge skills.

Seriously.. when using charge I run in place more often than actually charging.
  • WrathOfRegicide
    WrathOfRegicide
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fairly certain we won't see a fix for any skills until after console release, I think all of their employees are solely concerned with getting ESO ported to console rather than fix broken/useless skills that have been broken since near the beginning of the game.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1, Jaxsun
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Instead of fixing it..

They just broke all charge skills.

Seriously.. when using charge I run in place more often than actually charging.

It seems to be a LOS thing. If there's anything at all in the way, a table, an incline, a pebble, or the target is even slightly hidden (like their legs aren't visible) the system simply won't let you charge. The only positive thing about it is you don't burn stamina (I use Critical Rush in lieu of Focused Charge). However, I've found I generally need to get closer to the target for it to work, which is often times in aggro range, and kind of ruins the damage bonus given by Rush.

Edit to clarify: Not defending ZOS, just my experience with it.
    Edited by likewow777 on April 15, 2015 1:09AM
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

???

No, he doesn't deserve points. He gave a copy/paste BS response to an issue that obviously has been around for at least 8 months. This is insane... and I don't even have a Templar!
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.