The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

CONFIRMED: Update 5 coming 3rd November! (4th November for EU)

• Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, announcement confirmed! We are aiming (keyword: aiming!) to release Update 5 to the Live megaservers next week. :)

Not a good title for post. No date was given.
    I mean really, why the hell will you put a date when there is NO DATE given?
    Why make *** UP?
    ^

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments and Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on November 3, 2014 1:34PM
  • Silver-Sabre
    Silver-Sabre
    ✭✭✭
    Every patch is one day I cannot play.. That's what patch day means to me.
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    The champion system will come in over a span of multiple updates not just 1...you should've researched that one a bit better.....
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voodoo wrote: »
    Also when the champion system does "start" to come up it is not just one patch it will slowly be implemented over many patches so no huge change with patch 6-7.

L2Read.

They already implemented 2 of the 3 changes.

That is just plain false.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leeric wrote: »
    Also when the champion system does "start" to come up it is not just one patch it will slowly be implemented over many patches so no huge change with patch 6-7.

L2Read.

As Paul Sage outlined in Quake con

Stage 1: lowering the Difficulty of vet ranks - Already happened
    Stage 2: turning Vet Points to Experience points- coming in update 1.5 (Which is like what 3 days away?) Also Bonus rested XP
    Stage 3: Champion system which will co-exist with Vet system for a while before vet system goes away.
    Stage 4: Seasons of gear (Technically part of champ system but not what most people think of when they think of champ system since they are looking more at stage 3 as the actual champ system with the constellations )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LkeMacg-b0

Starts at 37:50
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on October 31, 2014 6:31PM
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭

L2Read.

Stage 2: turning Vet Points to Experience points- coming in update 1.5 (Which is like what 3 days away?)
    Stage 3: Champion system which will co-exist with Vet system for a while before vet system goes away.

lol so like i said. That is false. And nothing about the champ system is confirmed for that patch either (subject to change) and neither is the date....
    Edited by Leeric on October 31, 2014 6:34PM
  • Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she said they were "aiming"? either way, I can't wait for it to come out. :smiley:
    dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

L2Read.

Stage 2: turning Vet Points to Experience points- coming in update 1.5 (Which is like what 3 days away?)

lol so like i said. That is false. And nothing about the champ system is confirmed for that patch either (subject to change) and neither is the date....

In the Road ahead from August Imperial city and the champion system was listed together, and phase 2 of the champion system is coming in 1.5.

However, you are right, that is no guarantee that phase 3 is coming in 1.6, but it is very likely it will.
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    Gina confirmed that ZOS will be releasing Patch 1.5.2 with the maintenance next week! 7 Weeks since Update 4 went live.
    After that we will see Update 6 which will include:
    • New abilities, balance tweaks and ability changes.
    • Provisioning Overhaul
    • The Champion System (Unconfirmed, but very likely.)
    • Imperial City (Very Likely)
    • Other things, maybe even horse racing but we'll have to wait until the next ESO Live before Update 6 details surface :)
    • Update 6 will probably release in the week beginning December 8.

1.6 will most likely be first week of January. Each major patch has been roughly on an 8 week cycle, not 4 weeks.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Kreetar wrote: »
    I thought she said they were "aiming"? either way, I can't wait for it to come out. :smiley:
    Still aiming. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kreetar wrote: »
    Still aiming. ;)

Any news on what the content is in update 1.6 or will that information not be released until after 1.5 goes live?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Let's get through Update 5 first, then we can dig into Update 6. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please, just a small tease from Update 6 ? :)
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quintal wrote: »

I have some hot info for update 6!
    • It will be the next major update after update 5!
    • It will have fixes and improvements
    • It will probably have new, redesigned delves that are part of this really cool undergoing effort to make delves more interesting.
    • It might add a thing or two. Maybe more.
    • It will be the last major update before update 7!
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you are confirming that Justice System, Champion System, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, And Halflife 3 are all confirmed for update 3 coming on December 1st at 12:00 am PST. Wooo lets make 30 threads about the hardcore confirmation of this information!

Edit: This is sarcasm. DO NOT TAKE SERIOSUSLY
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on October 31, 2014 8:19PM
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quintal wrote: »

I have some hot info for update 6!
    • It will be the next major update after update 5!
    • It will be the last major update before update 7!

Thanks a bunch for clearing that up. I was confused when update 6 takes place. :p

Edited by Voodoo on October 31, 2014 8:26PM
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    __________________need a delete option here
    Edited by Voodoo on October 31, 2014 8:26PM
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    Gina confirmed that ZOS will be releasing Patch 1.5.2 with the maintenance next week! 7 Weeks since Update 4 went live.
    After that we will see Update 6 which will include:
    • New abilities, balance tweaks and ability changes.
    • Provisioning Overhaul
    • The Champion System (Unconfirmed, but very likely.)
    • Imperial City (Very Likely)
    • Other things, maybe even horse racing but we'll have to wait until the next ESO Live before Update 6 details surface :)
    • Update 6 will probably release in the week beginning December 8.

1.6 will most likely be first week of January. Each major patch has been roughly on an 8 week cycle, not 4 weeks.

Well no, it's been on a 6 week average cycle. It's been 30 weeks since launch.
    If 1.5 comes out next week it will be 1 week behind the 6 week average.
    If 1.6 comes out the second week of December it will be back on schedule for the 6 week average.

• BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno And what about this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/136047/discussion-templars-dawns-wrath-skill-line/p1

Will these changes finally be here with the arrival of update 5?
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

Well since 1.5 was supposed to be a PvP update which was posted sometime between 1.2 and 1.3 and it obviously was changed. Would be nice to know for certain if 1.6 is a major PvP update. People wonder why cyrodiil and the population has died off, well nothing has changed in 6 months. Same basic warfare. Need something new and different in Cyrodiil.
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

L2Read.

In the Road ahead from August Imperial city and the champion system was listed together, and phase 2 of the champion system is coming in 1.5.

However, you are right, that is no guarantee that phase 3 is coming in 1.6, but it is very likely it will.

Its listed in the PTS, not live server and things change from the PTS to the live server all the time, and they are aiming, its not confirmed. And update 5 hasn't dropped yet which was even what you said to as one of the 3. So like I said. What you put was false.
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does this thread and this pic have in common?
    whirling-dervish-o.gif
    There's a lot of spinning going on.
    Edited by Voodoo on October 31, 2014 8:46PM
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

L2Read.

Its listed in the PTS, not live server and things change from the PTS to the live server all the time, and they are aiming, its not confirmed. And update 5 hasn't dropped yet which was even what you said to as one of the 3. So like I said. What you put was false.

Well that answers my question at least lol. Hopefully 1.6 will contain both the Imperial City PvP/PvE and the final stage of the champion system.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno And what about this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/136047/discussion-templars-dawns-wrath-skill-line/p1

No, I looked on the PTS and such changes are not there.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

Pity. How much longer do we have to wait? :(
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If Update 6 is anything like Update 5, you might want to get started on the patch notes now.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

Pity. How much longer do we have to wait? :(

Champion System rollout phase #3 would be the earliest, as mentioned above, because they lumped a ton of balancing with phase #3 in the guild summit.

If Update 6 is anything like Update 5, you might want to get started on the patch notes now.

Seriously, not kidding in the slightest.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully future updates will be closer to the 4 weeks than the 6 weeks of the 4-6 release window. Once in a while going over the 6 weeks is understandable, but this being only update 5... that is a little worrisome.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot stealth attack nerfs, snipe dmg reduced, but apparently letting people know you're attacking them is a buff so they can spam absorption/reflection (Followed by invasion/streak, lash/shards is a buff).

Don't worry though, I'll be heavy attacking and regaining that precious stam throughout the attacks, just hope my opponent doesn't cast block huh?
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • whbaresb14_ESO
    No Provisioning or Champion changes on the PST that I could find. I really wanted food and drink to stack. It bothers me that drink is useless.