The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO PVP future

• Oldtimer209
    Oldtimer209
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Just a few months in and ESO is fading fast, from a PvP perspective.
    Crash to desktop, lag that gets worse after each and every patch/update, game mechanic exploits with ZOS looking the other way as if nothing is wrong.
    The list goes on and on.... I played since mid-Beta and had high hopes for this game as an MMO, sadly it has failed on many levels. My 6 month sub is up soon, I hope they can make some progress fixing problems instead of adding to them. But, that does not bode well looking at ZOS track record.

Is this really how most view PVP? I've been having some of the best PVP gaming experience I've ever had. Massive battles are crazy fun coming from a game that did them poorly (age of conan).

I am happy you have not experienced the problems I and many of other players have faced. Is PvP in ESO fun? Yes, there are many times when we are in a siege and it is great fun but, it is frustrating at the same time.
    Last night guild member after guild member game crashed, and had to relog, then wait in the Q to get back in the game.
    Once I crashed and could not log back in due to an "unknown error" 25 minutes later I was able to log back in. After my fifth game crash, I gave up and watched TV.
    These are problems that have been going on for months, MANY players have come to the forums to address their concerns, but it seems like either ZOS is not listening or they are just unable to fix the problems they have created.

Here are some of the issues being compiled in another thread many of which I have experienced while in Cyrodiil:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/124978/current-pvp-issues-after-1-3-3-patch/p1
    Edited by Oldtimer209 on August 10, 2014 7:16PM
    Options
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    Lowbei wrote: »
    4v4v4 arenas will come

imperial city(df) will come

ae caps will be removed
    Sure, and Sarah Palin will be elected first female President of the USA in 2016 ...
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Morticielle‌
    62bef168c5.png

actually @Lowbei is correct on this one - the first 2 have been confirmed and the third is currently under review

they don't want to just remove it due to the imbalance it was originally causing regarding near instant ultimate refills - and so there is a whole 'domino effect' of things involving removing AoE caps that need be be tweaked, looked at etc

i shudder to think of Palin as POTUS

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on August 10, 2014 7:58PM
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
    Options
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    4v4v4 arenas will come

ae caps will be removed
    Sure, and Sarah Palin will be elected first female President of the USA in 2016 ...

You must never say something like this...Never!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    Options
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Black-Bird wrote: »
    Arenas fit with lore to a tee and would provide a much needed freshening from the same open world PvP over and over, I love open world PvP and is the main reason I'm here but capping the same 10 keeps over and over again gets boring fast. I'm aware Cyrodiil is big and we have many ways of playing but the option would be nice.

Nailed it. Not having arenas in ESO is like not having orcs & elves in a LotR game.

Nelgyntc- V14 NB
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, there is loads of guild vs guild competition and it's fun as hell, if your 2 big guilds left the game it's not because they dominate, no one can dominate in this game, that's the end line and that is what's shown in Thornblade currently, all 3 alliances are neck and neck.

[/quote]

No they left because it simply got boring. 80% of the guilds on thornblade (im sry but i have to say) are only dominating by numbers and have a huge lack of ingame intelligence i also know of at least 90% of those that they were emperor handholding on other campaigns before. That's all part of this pvp system.

I only say that small scale pvp would offer some true competition and im sure u see that as i do at some point.

I also said that i could enjoy Cyrodil at least a bit when there wouldn't be killer lags from outter space.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skafsgaard wrote: »
    4v4v4 arenas will come

ae caps will be removed

You must never say something like this...Never!

You're right..POTUS Michelle Bachman....
    Options
  • LGAllastair
    LGAllastair
    ✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »

No they left because it simply got boring. 80% of the guilds on thornblade (im sry but i have to say) are only dominating by numbers and have a huge lack of ingame intelligence i also know of at least 90% of those that they were emperor handholding on other campaigns before. That's all part of this pvp system.

So, how are you getting this intel? Are you part of any coordinated guild that works together with other guilds to actually do stuff in the campaign? It's easy to run solo with a mob mentality in zone chat complaining about everything, then come to the forums say that the organized forces that are making a difference in the campaign "are uninteligent and rely on numbers".
    Edited by LGAllastair on August 11, 2014 1:22PM
    Vokundein
    Kristanna - Guild Leader of Vokundein, High Elder of LG
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure which guilds left? I've been in Vokundein since release and I run with IR (Crystalize/Skorpos) all the time and we have had some great guild fights. Constant win/lose action against some good groups. We need more groups like Mimirons, Trips/Perma/Luv, DiE, etc..

The state of the game will change for better or worse, but as long as these guilds are still going strong I will continue having a good time in PVP.

Now if we can just fix siege damage against players and let the players decide their PVP fate against each other that would be great.
    Edited by Shaggygaming on August 11, 2014 2:58PM
    Options
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why aren't there any small scale pvp options! In Cyrodil even small fights that are far away from the big ones lag!

There is by far. Im beginning to hate this line. There are tons and tons of small scale skirmish PvP going on, your just not trying. Constantly I go out with my guild of 4+ people, we follow the main force but generally...we do not attack. We sit on the fringe of combat and look for those returning when they die. This helps cut off reinforcements so help our alliance.

On top of that, usually our group isn't the only group doing this. We will run into small groups of enemies doing the same thing we are, we detect each other and duke it out.

The map also has a lot of choke points near bridges, or the gates that are PERFECT for small scale PvP. Camp them and wait for the unsuspecting traveler. Be smart about it and see on the map where the conflicts are, and put your group in the roads close by to catch the unwary traveler. Be the bandit!

Small scale PvP exists, if you create it. Sometimes i go out by myself and i find others doing the same thing and we stick around each other.

In conclusion, small scale PvP exists! Stop saying it doesn't.
    Options
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTS arena popcorn
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to pop in and give you all a gentle reminder to stick to the topic at hand (small scale PvP options) and to not sway into off-topic discussion. Please also keep in mind that we do not allow the discussion of real world politics on the official ESO forums, as stated in our forum Code of Conduct.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to pop in and give you all a gentle reminder to stick to the topic at hand (small scale PvP options) and to not sway into off-topic discussion. Please also keep in mind that we do not allow the discussion of real world politics on the official ESO forums, as stated in our forum Code of Conduct.

This thread is about small scale pvp options???
    Options
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

This thread is about small scale pvp options???

this thread is apparently about whatever he says its about. i didnt know either.
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
    Options
  • jaif13
    jaif13
    Soul Shriven
    Why aren't there any small scale pvp options! In Cyrodil even small fights that are far away from the big ones lag!

There is by far. Im beginning to hate this line. There are tons and tons of small scale skirmish PvP going on, your just not trying. Constantly I go out with my guild of 4+ people, we follow the main force but generally...we do not attack. We sit on the fringe of combat and look for those returning when they die. This helps cut off reinforcements so help our alliance.

On top of that, usually our group isn't the only group doing this. We will run into small groups of enemies doing the same thing we are, we detect each other and duke it out.

The map also has a lot of choke points near bridges, or the gates that are PERFECT for small scale PvP. Camp them and wait for the unsuspecting traveler. Be smart about it and see on the map where the conflicts are, and put your group in the roads close by to catch the unwary traveler. Be the bandit!

Small scale PvP exists, if you create it. Sometimes i go out by myself and i find others doing the same thing and we stick around each other.

In conclusion, small scale PvP exists! Stop saying it doesn't.

+1 and a cookie. There are tons of options. I love the play at the flanks of a siege.
    Options
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love killing those stealthers sneaking in to kill our siege operators. Of course, there are times when I think I have them stomped and 4 buddies pop up and I get stomped instead. It's all good. :)

As to the original questions concerning small battles, what about limiting group size on one of the servers to say 2 groups for a total of 8? I know it is somewhat symbolic as they can still zerg up in the end but it might make things more interesting.
    IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
    Options
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Eventually two zerg balls will grow so large that they will gravitate towards each other and collide..much like the milky way and adromeda eventually will. When this happens, the Cyrodiil servers will be stretched so thin that all combat animations, bolt escapes, mounting after combat, interraction with doors and weapon swaps will cease to work at all.

this happens on a nightly basis. and then it lags then crashes.. its pathetic.

Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is now about AOE caps and removing them from the game.
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, how are you getting this intel? Are you part of any coordinated guild that works together with other guilds to actually do stuff in the campaign? It's easy to run solo with a mob mentality in zone chat complaining about everything, then come to the forums say that the organized forces that are making a difference in the campaign "are uninteligent and rely on numbers".

I say that because i went with many of those guilds to see how they roll. It's also not hard to find out about the emperorship handholding! My old guild and i tryed to stop them at Celarus back in the days. Otherwise if u wanna watch those big "gamechanging" guilds just go in front of the keep that they attack and watch em.

And yes before i was in a hardcore pvp guild that had an alliance with other guilds .... Ever tryed to get emperorship on Dawnbreaker EU (AD)? That was like hardmode ESO.

Just to get back to the "small scale pvp"! Have fun going on a bridge to camp or do whatever when the server collides all the time. Go for the small scale pvp that is offered in so many ways and lag each other to death! And deny every call for battlegrounds or minigames.
    1Server is way overfilled and the others are minimum players and actually more playable which is actually good for the players but they also have a lack of balance like 100 reds against 60 blues against 10 yellows or the other way around....
    I know that its not completely the games fault but players seem to abuse everything as good as possible. They totally dominate one server and dont even think about balancing it out and split to fill another server.
    Options
  • LGAllastair
    LGAllastair
    ✭✭
    .... Ever tryed to get emperorship on Dawnbreaker EU (AD)? That was like hardmode ESO.

We crowed a few emperors in Wabbajack on the first and second rounds, one of them at the time Wabba was the most competitive about 1 week or so into the second round. We never went for farming emperor anywhere and we stick to help our faction and to intelligent gameplay and coordination with other guilds.

Please don't make assumptions or project your experience on to everyone else.
    Edited by LGAllastair on August 12, 2014 9:26AM
    Vokundein
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU Wabbajack was also part of the handholding. All 3 factions had a deal. I know this for 100% im sry. My guild was there to help an alliance guild gain emperorship we had to stop because blue and red were only back in their homebases to protect the scrolls from us... we stopped helping and kicked the alliance guild out as we realised what was going on. They didn't even deny it.

Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU Wabbajack was also part of the handholding. All 3 factions had a deal. I know this for 100% im sry. My guild was there to help an alliance guild gain emperorship we had to stop because blue and red were only back in their homebases to protect the scrolls from us... we stopped helping and kicked the alliance guild out as we realised what was going on. They didn't even deny it.

naaaaa
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry?

My PvP guild was massive on EU Wabba (We are even called 'The Wabbajacks') and I'm pretty sure there was no deal. In fact I'm certain.

All we had as EP was a deal with other EP guilds on other campaigns to help them out now and again and for them to help us when needed.

I have no idea where you are getting your intel but it's wrong.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • LGAllastair
    LGAllastair
    ✭✭

I am on NA campaigns, not sure about EU.

Anyway, we're derailing the topic at this point. Pvp future in ESO has potential in my eyes. I am excited for the imperial city and additional content in Cyrodiil. I wish they would limit ress in forward camps to only people who die in it's range so they are no longer used for travelling, it would make pvp more strategical and really emphasize the size of Cyrodiil like it was before when the camps were bugged. I am also eager to see if they will make any changes to AoE caps, I hope they look into it. Not to mention the guard/ thief system. Looking forwarf to some bounty hunting on people of my own faction.

I don't necessarily support arenas or small content PvP, but If it was minor next to Cyrodiil, in a mini game way, I'd have no problem with it. I'd like to have duels in game as well, best way to practice and test new specs.

Of course there are bugs and imbalances, but the first 6 months of any MMO are kinda bumpy. This patch introduced less bugs than the other one, and the tendency is that they get more stable over time. We'll see.
    Edited by LGAllastair on August 12, 2014 11:35AM
    Vokundein
    Options
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the clarification, I thought it was about mini games or empty campaigns.....

Options