Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO PVP future

Mumyo
Mumyo
✭✭✭✭✭
They merged the campaign...still half of campaigns is empty and the full ones arent playable due to huge lags!

Why aren't there any small scale pvp options! In Cyrodil even small fights that are far away from the big ones lag!

Where is the logic behind all that.... u had enough time to think about that issue and u dont get the servers performance good enough to keep the pvp going as it is... at least not as only way of pvp.

There has to be minigames or something similar.

On the other hand the reward system in eso is pretty much like not existent... solution doesn't have to come over night but after half a year it should be possible to have options that people are willing to wait for! Otherwise i allready know that my next guild will also stop playing this game... just as the 2 bigger guilds i had before.
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    ESO PVP Future
    Has none.......
    Options
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They merged the campaign...still half of campaigns is empty and the full ones arent playable due to huge lags!

Why aren't there any small scale pvp options! In Cyrodil even small fights that are far away from the big ones lag!

Where is the logic behind all that.... u had enough time to think about that issue and u dont get the servers performance good enough to keep the pvp going as it is... at least not as only way of pvp.

On the other hand the reward system in eso is pretty much like not existent... solution doesn't have to come over night but after half a year it should be possible to have options that people are willing to wait for! Otherwise i allready know that my next guild will also stop playing this game... just as the 2 bigger guilds i had before.

You are looking for something akin to a title commonly referred to as WoW. And - I would direct you there. Mini games are not what this needs. Small scale PvP is available but you have to know and think about 1) Where to find it 2) How to create it 3) When to leave an area.

If your bigger guilds left, they likely left due to a lack of PvE content and you are really here whining that the real community in this particular game is focused on PvP.

Choosing a campaign, deciding a goal for your guild and group in that campaign, coming up with a winning strategy that accomplishes individuals goals within the campaign strategy and continually striving to work better together as a guild and group are what this game is about.

That's not easy for your average no voice comms "LF PVP Group" in zone chat types and I understand why there would be a vocal minority clamoring for battlegrounds and the like. However, for this kind of game to be enjoyable you'll need to find a guild on a good campaign that is competitive and have voice comms. You'll need to learn the group leaders tactics and strategies to counter enemy groups of the same size, and ones of larger size. You will need to actually think instead of brainlessly storming into a pile of enemy and hope for a reward of some kind.

The other reality the "reward based PvP" people will have to come to grips with is: GOOD PVP is it's own reward. We don't need purple pixels, uber new set items with new graphics every 3 months or new weapons every 3 months to keep us motivated. Good team based PvP is far more valuable than the 42K gold I have gotten int he last two campaigns, any armor sets I ever got or the phat lewts I ever got for partaking in PvP in any other game.

Learning from mistakes, working as a team, developing new strategies and plans to deal with enemy groups (some who you even chat with from time to time) and enemy zergs. This is what makes the PvP fun and enjoyable. Winning and working within a good team are there own rewards.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
    Options
  • Uncensored1
    Uncensored1
    Soul Shriven
    krayiss wrote: »
    ESO PVP Future
    Has none.......

Unless you like zerg balls spamming bats & pulsar. I pvp'd for the first time since 1.2.3 last night and it was pathetic.
    Options
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    someone mentioned minigames..
    i'd rather everyone let them focus on sorting it out than seeing the addition of "minigames"

these go hand in hand with premades and twinking and 1x1 meters long areas and all that crap "other" MMOs have practically ingrained into peoples' minds.

we don't need any of that here. Or the mentality that ghes along with them. The setting is in already, they can easily improve it by patching. Which, done well, also reignites interest.

why ask for more of the same? Really
    Pride, honour and purity
    Options
  • RagnarLudbrok
    bitaken wrote: »

You are looking for something akin to a title commonly referred to as WoW. And - I would direct you there. Mini games are not what this needs. Small scale PvP is available but you have to know and think about 1) Where to find it 2) How to create it 3) When to leave an area.

If your bigger guilds left, they likely left due to a lack of PvE content and you are really here whining that the real community in this particular game is focused on PvP.

Choosing a campaign, deciding a goal for your guild and group in that campaign, coming up with a winning strategy that accomplishes individuals goals within the campaign strategy and continually striving to work better together as a guild and group are what this game is about.

That's not easy for your average no voice comms "LF PVP Group" in zone chat types and I understand why there would be a vocal minority clamoring for battlegrounds and the like. However, for this kind of game to be enjoyable you'll need to find a guild on a good campaign that is competitive and have voice comms. You'll need to learn the group leaders tactics and strategies to counter enemy groups of the same size, and ones of larger size. You will need to actually think instead of brainlessly storming into a pile of enemy and hope for a reward of some kind.

The other reality the "reward based PvP" people will have to come to grips with is: GOOD PVP is it's own reward. We don't need purple pixels, uber new set items with new graphics every 3 months or new weapons every 3 months to keep us motivated. Good team based PvP is far more valuable than the 42K gold I have gotten int he last two campaigns, any armor sets I ever got or the phat lewts I ever got for partaking in PvP in any other game.

Learning from mistakes, working as a team, developing new strategies and plans to deal with enemy groups (some who you even chat with from time to time) and enemy zergs. This is what makes the PvP fun and enjoyable. Winning and working within a good team are there own rewards.

This.

Edited by RagnarLudbrok on August 6, 2014 12:45PM
    Options
  • Oldtimer209
    Oldtimer209
    ✭✭✭
    Just a few months in and ESO is fading fast, from a PvP perspective.
    Crash to desktop, lag that gets worse after each and every patch/update, game mechanic exploits with ZOS looking the other way as if nothing is wrong.
    The list goes on and on.... I played since mid-Beta and had high hopes for this game as an MMO, sadly it has failed on many levels. My 6 month sub is up soon, I hope they can make some progress fixing problems instead of adding to them. But, that does not bode well looking at ZOS track record.
    Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arenas fit with lore to a tee and would provide a much needed freshening from the same open world PvP over and over, I love open world PvP and is the main reason I'm here but capping the same 10 keeps over and over again gets boring fast. I'm aware Cyrodiil is big and we have many ways of playing but the option would be nice.
    Options
  • rotiferuk
    rotiferuk
    ✭✭✭
    Black-Bird wrote: »
    Arenas fit with lore to a tee .

No they do not. The only arena was in Oblivion and that was player v NPC.
    EU Server.
    Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rotiferuk wrote: »
    Black-Bird wrote: »
    Arenas fit with lore to a tee .

No they do not. The only arena was in Oblivion and that was player v NPC.

Still they were in the Imperial city... Which is now the PvP capital by all rights.

Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Future?

What future? Zergball impulse batspammers. That's the future of ESO PvP if they don't fix this asap.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually two zerg balls will grow so large that they will gravitate towards each other and collide..much like the milky way and adromeda eventually will. When this happens, the Cyrodiil servers will be stretched so thin that all combat animations, bolt escapes, mounting after combat, interraction with doors and weapon swaps will cease to work at all.
    Edited by c0rp on August 6, 2014 3:57PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crash to desktop, lag that gets worse after each and every patch/update, game mechanic exploits with ZOS looking the other way as if nothing is wrong.
    The list goes on and on.... I played since mid-Beta and had high hopes for this game as an MMO, sadly it has failed on many levels. My 6 month sub is up soon, I hope they can make some progress fixing problems instead of adding to them. But, that does not bode well looking at ZOS track record.

Is this really how most view PVP? I've been having some of the best PVP gaming experience I've ever had. Massive battles are crazy fun coming from a game that did them poorly (age of conan).
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4v4v4 arenas will come

imperial city(df) will come

ae caps will be removed
    Options
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Is this really how most view PVP? I've been having some of the best PVP gaming experience I've ever had. Massive battles are crazy fun coming from a game that did them poorly (age of conan).

While my two best experiences in pvp to this date came before the first campaign switch, I'm still daily having awesome battles, making friends and enemies, and probably I enjoy pvp more now than I did a few months ago.

People that focus on problems rather than enjoyment end up worse off for it. I know that's kinda fortune-cookie stuff, but it remains true nonetheless. Even the things I think should be changed for balance or whatever don't ruin my enjoyment of the battle.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
    Options
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    At this point the FPS/lag/crashes should be the number one priority with whatever number of teams it takes to look into it and resolve it. Unfortunately they put out a "fix" that improved FPS some but didn't fix it and called it a day. We haven't heard a thing from the devs on the issue since and the threads regarding it unsticked.
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw the 2 guilds i was in before were hardcore pvp guilds and they were simply done with this pvp! they took emperorship they took several scrolls and keeps and whatever... there is no competition at all and thats why they left.... no guild v guild and nothing to train for anymore.... contents fade very very very fast!

And everyday the same thing starts from 0 again! EXACTLY the SAME. Keeps also have no meaning they fall as fast as they are taken. Minigames btw have nothing to do! Minigames also existed in other great pvp genres!

Age of Conan as an example was offering big pvp (sieges and the farmingground) also they provided minigames for a lagfree game! People are screaming for it and they should add some serious content to this before everyone else is bored by farming emperor and take sieges in big brainless pugs like the k.o.c bunch.

The Combatsystem is brilliant and it would find very very nice use in some small scale pvp option! I say this because i like the mechanics.

Cyrodil would be also more fun if there was no lag and bugs like hell but i realised that this will never happen so add small scale pvp content!!!!
    Options
  • wmilamub17_ESO
    wmilamub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    About a week ago, before the patch, I spent a long night of PvP in Cyrodiil, which is most often the case. It was a great session with just a couple of guildies. As I logged to get ready to sleep my heart was pounding and I was filled with exhilaration. That was my reward, and I loved it! I was so excited for my next time in Cyrodiil. I don't need any pixelated reward, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat is all I need, and I get that in spades.

Someone else already said it, but if you look and see positives or negatives, you will get what you see. There's plenty that ZOS needs to work on, but I am having a great deal of fun in the meantime.
    Options
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    I saw future today. Non vet campaign with vet 5 NPCs. clap clap ZOS. I lost the last hope I had for this game. It is just lol.

Normal campaign full of level difference gaps, now with queues and lags as bonus.
    majority plays AOE based "strategy".

But wait.. we have dyes! So we can now look as batman or superman or any other super hero. Next to already running around skeletons...

ZOS is making sure with every patch that this game will be epic fail in the end.

And you know what is the most funny? If they did stick with TES formula it would be super hit (everybody would accept even bugs if we had true TES combat and character development)... this game was truly designed to hype people to pre order and play for few month. Then close the shop sadly for players.
    Options
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw future today. Non vet campaign with vet 5 NPCs. clap clap ZOS. I lost the last hope I had for this game. It is just lol.

Normal campaign full of level difference gaps, now with queues and lags as bonus.

But wait.. we have dyes! So we can now look as batman or superman or any other super hero. Next to already running around skeletons...

ZOS is making sure with every patch that this game will be epic fail in the end.

And you know what is the most funny? If they did stick with TES formula it would be super hit (everybody would accept even bugs if we had true TES combat and character development)... this game was truly designed to hype people to pre order and play for few month. Then close the shop sadly for players.

sounds like you are mid-ragelog. can i have your stuff?
    Options
  • rotiferuk
    rotiferuk
    ✭✭✭

Despite the overpowered NPCs in non-vet campaigns they are still MASSIVE fun and players are learning to deal with the guards. As for the dyes, which ones allow players to wear their underpants outside their armour? Also, one of the most sought after colours is black.
    EU Server.
    Options
    Lowbei wrote: »

sounds like you are mid-ragelog. can i have your stuff?

Sure you can

Options
  • Puitriss27
    Puitriss27
    Soul Shriven
    c0rp wrote: »
    Eventually two zerg balls will grow so large that they will gravitate towards each other and collide..much like the milky way and adromeda eventually will. When this happens, the Cyrodiil servers will be stretched so thin that all combat animations, bolt escapes, mounting after combat, interraction with doors and weapon swaps will cease to work at all.

This is right.. Science proves it
    Options
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »

>>>bitaken wrote: "If your bigger guilds left, they likely left due to a lack of PvE content and you are really here whining that the real community in this particular game is focused on PvP.

Choosing a campaign, deciding a goal for your guild and group in that campaign, coming up with a winning strategy that accomplishes individuals goals within the campaign strategy (*with Voicecom) and continually striving to work better together as a guild and group are what this game is about...FOR PvPrs.<<<
    Concur bitaken. When I finally acquiesced that mid - to endgame PvE is really just a side-serving in this MMO is when I started to finally have a blast here.

Still a little sad since I feel jerked around as far as the promo's, advertisements and dev interviews prior to launch for a couple years most definitely were oriented to draw a PvE crowd to TESO as well, and that was what I based my initial support, activity and purchase and sub on.

With the Imperial City, the Justice system and Dark Brotherhood, and Thieves guilds on the way, PvP is gonna provide mucho satisfaction for TESO.

PvE? Major MEH.
    Edited by Anastasia on August 7, 2014 11:55AM
    Options
    All the news sounds good, lets wait a year and this game (if it survives) will be what was expected of it.
    Options
  • RagnarLudbrok
    c0rp wrote: »

4qTWOA0.gif
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is good just needs adjustments
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah adjustments like a new system itself...making it lagfree and fixing the fps bug completely.... its still not as good as before 1.2.x ! Yesterday i had 2 out of 10 fights that was not completely unplayable :)
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EU Veteranserver is completely red since the campaign started btw.... nice PVP so far ;) factions are pretty unbalanced except from 1 server and thats why u maybe need a pvp alternative!
    Options
  • HazardousNovex
    HazardousNovex
    ✭✭✭
    Btw the 2 guilds i was in before were hardcore pvp guilds and they were simply done with this pvp! they took emperorship they took several scrolls and keeps and whatever... there is no competition at all and thats why they left.... no guild v guild and nothing to train for anymore.... contents fade very very very fast!

And everyday the same thing starts from 0 again! EXACTLY the SAME. Keeps also have no meaning they fall as fast as they are taken. Minigames btw have nothing to do! Minigames also existed in other great pvp genres!

Age of Conan as an example was offering big pvp (sieges and the farmingground) also they provided minigames for a lagfree game! People are screaming for it and they should add some serious content to this before everyone else is bored by farming emperor and take sieges in big brainless pugs like the k.o.c bunch.

The Combatsystem is brilliant and it would find very very nice use in some small scale pvp option! I say this because i like the mechanics.

Cyrodil would be also more fun if there was no lag and bugs like hell but i realised that this will never happen so add small scale pvp content!!!!

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, there is loads of guild vs guild competition and it's fun as hell, if your 2 big guilds left the game it's not because they dominate, no one can dominate in this game, that's the end line and that is what's shown in Thornblade currently, all 3 alliances are neck and neck.

Novexus - VR12 Dragonknight

DiE - Oceanic PvP
    www.dieguild.com.au
    Options
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Had an awesome epic defensive battle at BRK we (yellows) holding reds out - think there were 3 outer breaches and 2 inner.

Chatoic and fun battle - I had 2 CTDs while participating and it is REALLY killing the fun. I have to agree the current state is not worth any commintment, which is why i go around solo owning noobs. At least I can almost get through a fight without lags, but fun.. meh
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    Options