Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Stamina Better burst damage, and let spells be sustainable.

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
right now you have better damage as well as sustain... making Stamina pointless for damage dealing...

Just up the damage on all Stamina based damage by 2-3x and leave the costs unchanged.

Tell me this wouldnt make more people happy with stamina builds....

Obviously the actual damage increases would be situational Ability by ability...

For example... i would say Flurry could use a flat 100% increase to the base Damage done..

This topic is by no means an attempt to lower the damage of any spell, in fact i think the way they are is a good limit.. I am saying That Weapon abilitys should have better damage overall, at the cost of them not being as easily used compaired to the spamability of spells.
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually your close. Magika DOES currently have better damage and sustain.

If you say play a Templar with ANY weapon that NOT a Restro Staff you start to see how Magicka and Stamina were MEANT to be balanced.

Magicka has High Damage LOW sustainment. Run outta Magicka your damage becomes crap.

Stamina based has better sustainment with constant damage that's better than a Magicka user OUT of his resources, WHILE a Stamina user HAS his resources he is MUCH better at controlling the battlefield than Magicka user. IE more Block, Dodge, Stun, CC Break, plus MOST Stamina abilities offer more battlefield control with occasional DPS bursts.

This is why ALL Light/Heavy Attacks scale with Stamina including Staffs, for better overall sustained damage.

A FULL Magicka user gains LESS from Stamina than a FULL Stamina user gains from Magicka as EVERY class has an ability that is useful regardless of points in Magicka IE sun shield for example.

The real issue is currently MAGICKA user DONT run out of Magicka like Stamina users do. But if you look at Templars and SOON NightBlades patch 1.2 Resouces Management is pretty much nonexistent.

How well does a DragonKnight manage his Resources WITHOUT a Restro Staff??? Probably runs out of Magicka QUITE fast. How well does a Sorcerer manage his Magicka without a Restro Staff? Probably sucks to use Dark Exchange waiting for 3 seconds for Magicka loosing Stamina PLUS you lose a slot on your hotbar.

Magicka High Damage LOW sustainment/BAD damage with no resources
    Stamina Good Damage HIGH sustainment/better survivability WITH resources