The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bolt Escape/Streak

AshleyLee
AshleyLee
✭✭✭
As a sorcerer and Streak user, I am ok with the change. I have tested on the PTS, which is open to everybody now, and it seems to work as newly described. The tooltip even updates during the 4 seconds to the higher cost. if u keep using it within 4sec, it stays at the higher cost, so the "timer" resets each time u use it within a 4second period. But it does NOT go above the 50% increase from your base.

Update: The 50% calcuation is "bugged". My cost of streak is 220, with passives and 2 pieces of jewerly. 50% more should be 330. But its 399. I removed jewerly to see if those change the calucation and it is still more than 50%. I also verified its not a tooltip bug it does use what the tooltip says.
Edited by AshleyLee on June 5, 2014 3:25AM
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    So BE goes

220 -> 330 -> 330 -> 330

Sounded like it should work like this

220 -> 330 -> 495 -> 742.5.

IMO really as 330 cost isn't going to stop the problem everyone is worried about.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »
    So BE goes

220 -> 330 -> 330 -> 330

Sounded like it should work like this

220 -> 330 -> 495 -> 742.5.

IMO really as 330 cost isn't going to stop the problem everyone is worried about.

there never was a problem with it name one class a sorc could 1vs1 against now they cant kill anyone or run....
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Slantasiam

DK, Temp, NB and Sorc... I named all 4 for you. The point of the problem is the potential is there because they have the mobility... no single class should have that kind of mobility in a RvR game... creates a very big imbalance to the dynamic and meta of the type of PvP.

Don't want the meta to be all sorcs when the DK hype is over due to nerfs. See this in GW2 where only the people with getaways and mobility have a chance in RvR.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

• NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was a bad change.

Thank god it didn't mean a 50% increase on each cast.

Doesn't really matter though because the ability has already been rendered useless. All you whiney bads got your way.

Congratulations on destroying an ability.

It now halves your magicka regen for 4 secs AND increases the cost if cast again within 4 secs.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ and @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Really glad ZOS is keeping their promise about no cool downs. /sarcasm
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • jvh808
    jvh808
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    It was a ad change.

Doesn't really matter though because the ability has already been rendered useless. All you whiney bads got your way.

It now halves your magicka regen for 4 secs AND increases the cost if cast again within 4 secs.

Awesome way to look at things! This ability was making every sorcerer build out there, including the melee and stealth sorcs extremely OP'd and essentially causing PvP to not be fun whatsoever and if unchanged would in the long run destroy an entire aspect of the game, instead of simply making that ability cost more, which I think was the best way Zenimax could have played it on that skill. Way to be completely bias and empathetic! As far as your comment on a "cooldown," I have yet to see any cooldowns outside of potions and weapon glyphs...
    Edited by jvh808 on June 5, 2014 8:14PM
  • Baskat
    Baskat
    ✭✭

Interestingly a lot of Sorcs still use it.
    So question is:

A. Are they stubborn, blind idiots using an "destroyed" ability?
    B. Are you exaggerating?

Edited by Baskat on June 10, 2014 12:08PM
  • Devlinne
    Devlinne
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm....so far in pvp(which is all i ever do) I notice no REAL change. Sorcs still disappearing into the sunset....
    Well to be fair. More time and experience is needed on this. I'll see if i can get a few videos and such before i really say if this change was indeed a real fix or just a smoke bomb thrown to pacify ppl.

I've always been a firm believer in Videos of actual ingame occurances is better than all the amount of words put together in these forums....
    Edited by Devlinne on June 10, 2014 12:27PM
    Devlinne: VR12 NB
    Demonos: VR12 Sorc
    Devin Flames: VR12 DK
    Hellzanger: VR12 Templar

Thats right. ALL CLASSES.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I've been seeing a lot of these popping up and I really don't understand the people complaining. I'll admit up front I don't actively play a sorc. I have one or two I've tested out but that's about it. My understanding from reading about the ability is that it's intended purpose, was to give you a quick escape out of melee range to give you time to get off another spell and continue fighting. Given the nerf to it, I suspect I am correct on their intent.

So given that, what we basically have is ability not being used for it's intended purpose, but to ride off into the sunset unscathed. For multiple use I could see it intended to keep popping around enemy keeping them at a distance. I could also see it useful to quickly get out of an AoE since you're average sorc type shouldn't really have a lot of stamina for dodge roll and block.

I could be entirely crazy here, but the patched BE seems like Zeni's attempt to push it more toward that kind of use.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bad change.

Where is the cooldown? I have never once seen the ability with a countdown to next use. If you have the mana you can use the skill there fore no CD thanks for your oh so wise opinion. So basically you are saying if I lack the resource to cast my skill at a particular moment it has a cooldown. ZOMG Zeni please take the CD off my abilities too and make my resources infinite so I can lay my face on the keyboard and roll it back and forth screaming iWin while trying to also bite my ear.

Also I would just like to point out for all the whining anyone else does you return it ten fold. Not sure if you realized that or not but I think its funny. You say this one ability makes or breaks the sorc class. As far as I knew you had two other class lines with skills on them as well like everyone else you have told to learn to play. Enjoy using them.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Baskat wrote: »

So question is:

B. Are you exaggerating?

Good show sir you may have just taught him a lesson. He sounds like the DK's now. Nuuuuuuuuuuu you decreased the damage my superior OP ability used to do I used to wreck everybody. Now I can't kill anybody if the class isn't broken how I am I losing to noobs he says. Well the problem with the two most OP classes in this game is that the people playing them never really learned to play them to begin with. Your abilities had so much damage and utility or both that you never had to you got to spam 2 buttons and hold block while laying waste. Now that you actually have to support group dynamics you're lost. It's a long way to the top if you didn't learn your class the first time around.
    Edited by Luvsfuzzybunnies on June 10, 2014 3:11PM
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
  • xDonMega
    xDonMega
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bad change.

Just let your butthurt go over the weeks of QQ sorc escape, and just accept a bad change as a bad change..

It's that simple.

Edited by xDonMega on June 11, 2014 10:49PM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So question is:

B. Are you exaggerating?

@Baskat‌

Well first of all, yes, there are a lot of blind idiots who don't know how to play and use terrible skills. Have you seen anyone using a pet? They are willfully gimping themself.

Second, the nerf hit exactly the wrong kind of Bolt Escaper. People can still use it well enough to run away. You can spam it enough times to get out of a fight often enough.

When I say it was destroyed, I mean that they destroyed the part that no one was complaining about which is using it in combat. The magicka penalties are so harsh that you'd have to be dumb (which many people are) to use this actively as part of a DPS build. You'd be so severely hurting your ability to do damage with your damage abilities (its already a DPS loss since you're choosing not to slot a DPS skil there) that it would be a terrible idea to use this in a fight.

Again, what they should have done was add Counterplay options. Using BE should remove CC immunity from any source, so that other players can effectively knock you down, stun you, ect. when you try to get away.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I say it was destroyed, I mean that they destroyed the part that no one was complaining about which is using it in combat.

Well the main problem of it was sorcs getting away from ganks and losing fights on >10% health.... if that's not using it in combat I don't know what is.

NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild

• wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

So question is:

B. Are you exaggerating?

@Baskat‌

Well first of all, yes, there are a lot of blind idiots who don't know how to play and use terrible skills. Have you seen anyone using a pet? They are willfully gimping themself.

Second, the nerf hit exactly the wrong kind of Bolt Escaper. People can still use it well enough to run away. You can spam it enough times to get out of a fight often enough.

When I say it was destroyed, I mean that they destroyed the part that no one was complaining about which is using it in combat. The magicka penalties are so harsh that you'd have to be dumb (which many people are) to use this actively as part of a DPS build. You'd be so severely hurting your ability to do damage with your damage abilities (its already a DPS loss since you're choosing not to slot a DPS skil there) that it would be a terrible idea to use this in a fight.

Again, what they should have done was add Counterplay options. Using BE should remove CC immunity from any source, so that other players can effectively knock you down, stun you, ect. when you try to get away.

I am confused or you are..BE was never used as a damage dealing ability, the name says it all.

You complained or someone did that they ruined the class with this? Sorcs can still do a ton of damage, What this did was prevent sorcs from running through a pac of 30 stunning everyone along the way then escaping into the sun set making them basically unkillable. When used in conjunction with timely ultimate s like standard that 1.5 second stun was devastating.

So they did solve one of the issues as you mentioned people would be foolish to use it other then escaping. Now they did not nerf it enough as really good players can still spam it 4-5 times and escape into the sunset even after getting a few offensive spells off, but I have no issues with very good players being smart.

And if CC worked on BE the whole point of BE would be useless as DK's would talon you to death like everyone else..your ideas are not well thought out.
  • Mystborn
    Mystborn
    ✭✭✭
    AshleyLee wrote: »
    As a sorcerer and Streak user, I am ok with the change. I have tested on the PTS, which is open to everybody now, and it seems to work as newly described. The tooltip even updates during the 4 seconds to the higher cost. if u keep using it within 4sec, it stays at the higher cost, so the "timer" resets each time u use it within a 4second period. But it does NOT go above the 50% increase from your base.

Update: The 50% calcuation is "bugged". My cost of streak is 220, with passives and 2 pieces of jewerly. 50% more should be 330. But its 399. I removed jewerly to see if those change the calucation and it is still more than 50%. I also verified its not a tooltip bug it does use what the tooltip says.

How much % based Spell Cost Reduction do you have?

How much static Spell Cost Reduction do you have?
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am confused or you are..BE was never used as a damage dealing ability, the name says it all.

You complained or someone did that they ruined the class with this? Sorcs can still do a ton of damage, What this did was prevent sorcs from running through a pac of 30 stunning everyone along the way then escaping into the sun set making them basically unkillable. When used in conjunction with timely ultimate s like standard that 1.5 second stun was devastating.

Obviously you are confused when your first paragraph claims it was never used for damage and your second paragraph then goes on to explain exactly how it was used to cause damage! Drugs are bad! M'Kay?
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I say it was destroyed, I mean that they destroyed the part that no one was complaining about which is using it in combat.

Well the main problem of it was sorcs getting away from ganks and losing fights on >10% health.... if that's not using it in combat I don't know what is.

@Nijjion‌

I'd call that using it to get out of combat.

I'm referring to people who use BE to position in fights, deal damage (Streak), and CC.

Those are the people this nerf hits while the people who "get away from ganks and losing fights" are largely unaffected.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say NordJitsu is right here. The nerf hurts people who use it(Streak) properly, whereas the escapers still escape. Because, lets face it, most sorcs can spam that ability enough to get away from anyone still at least 70% of the time.

Using it in combat as a tool to actually fight punishes you with halved magicka regen... This is an effective cost increase on every spell you cast.
    Keep the cost increase, get rid of the mana regen hit.

Btw, dont even have a sorc thats high enough to use that skill yet. But since it was a skill I was looking forward to... Basically the only really cool ability that sorcs have for that matter.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>Again, what they should have done was add Counterplay options. Using BE should remove CC immunity from any source, so that other players can effectively knock you down, stun you, ect. when you try to get away.

But how would they do it if you are out of range already? Come up with other ideas.
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Out of range? Get closer. Or just ignore the sorc, if its running away its not currently trying to kill you. And if it is in range to hurt your ass, you can just hurt it right back.
    Seriously, chasing down one guy to kill it real good is always a bad tactical decision and especially if you are in a group. You might run into a trap, or you are just wasting time better spent capping an objective or dealing with actual threats.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get closer to a BE user? Do you understand what we are discussing here? the fight already started. He can do anything. Who said he's almost dead? He can blink to regen some resources and shoot some spells in you, then blink back for aoe.

There's no objective if he finds you in a random spot in Cyrodiil. and about you can hurt him back....
    Don't even start about solo target DPS that sorc can deal.... No, you can't hurt him back. Especially if you're using a stamina build.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Artemis‌

You shouldn't be able to counter anything 100% of the time. What you're asking for is to never lose a fight.

If the Sorc is already out of range, then no counter play option should exist. That's just absurd.

The point is, removing CC immunity when casting BE would allow players to prevent Sorcs from getting out of range in the first place much more often.

If you haven't slotted any ranged CC or fail to cast it in time then you lost. Same way that I lose if I shoot Crystal Fragments at a DK using Reflective Scales or a Templar using Eclipse or if I fail to break the stun when a NB hits me out of stealth.

Winning should require player action which is why counter play should have been the focus here rather than attacking the skill itself.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    \
    Artemis wrote: »
    Get closer to a BE user? Do you understand what we are discussing here? the fight already started. He can do anything. Who said he's almost dead? He can blink to regen some resources and shoot some spells in you, then blink back for aoe.

There's no objective if he finds you in a random spot in Cyrodiil. and about you can hurt him back....
    Don't even start about solo target DPS that sorc can deal.... No, you can't hurt him back. Especially if you're using a stamina build.

And you can't dps well why? seems to be a playstyle issue, not a sorc issue.

Sorc's "big single target damage" is very easily avoided by any class, just react in a timely manner and use interrupt/eclipse/reflect/stealth.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NordJitsu‌
    But that's the thing. Ranged CC doesn't help. And I was replying to the post about "getting closer". Which I can't do..
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭

@Nijjion‌

I'd call that using it to get out of combat.

I'm referring to people who use BE to position in fights, deal damage (Streak), and CC.

Those are the people this nerf hits while the people who "get away from ganks and losing fights" are largely unaffected.

CC on the skill is one of the main problems with the skill as well, it's the main reason why the skill can get away from anyone, not sure which morph it is but it's unblockable... imo should be removed you have other skills such as a skill that does the highest single target DPS in the game that knockdowns at the same time, aoe root, shield that stuns and knockdowns. Plenty really.... using it for CC isn't an excuse or valid argument point to keep it unchanged.

I actually agree with you in a way but to stop the people who use it to get away all the time you would need to cut the usage down for the skill to about 2 times every 10 seconds.

How would you balance BE? and seriously be fair... because even 2 casts can get you away from the range of people. It's such a *** up skill to balance on with no cooldown and that's the only way I see it stopping people from using it as just a pure free get out of jail card all the time.

I was thinking something like a charge usage for BE. You start with 2-3 charges (pending balance tests), when BE is used it uses up a charge and un-nerfed magicka cost. For a charge to be reset a CD is put in place (4-10 seconds depending on balance tests). Though has said before 2-3 uses of BE in a row will get you out of most stuff unless, people are built for mobility themselves, maybe a longer cast time...I don't know, back to the drawing board I guess.

Obviously I should say we need to find the right balance as it should be a temporary get away but not make the skill totally pointless. With shield charge being on no cooldown and BE on no cooldown Zenimax really have a hard job on themselves. When blinks have cooldowns its so much easier to balance though I do enjoy ESO for no CDs.
    Edited by Nijjion on June 13, 2014 11:37AM
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild

• Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

So question is:

B. Are you exaggerating?

@Baskat‌

There was a Sorc using this in combat and completely destroying large groups of people. Hold down Block, spam Cast BE (while holding block), and casting the Invis Bats Ultimate (chain casting). You would just get bolted, stunned, killed between everything. Not much you can do about an invisible Sorc, bolting around while holding block. Fun times.

This was happening post Vampire nerf and pre BE nerf.