Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Swallow Soul does what? - Nightblade Skills

rofflemywafflez
rofflemywafflez
Soul Shriven
I'm checking out the ability "strife" and then you can morph it into "swallow soul" and it say's it does this: "Player also receives 7% more healing from all sources while ability is slotted"

What sources? Are we talking about from basic attacks, from using other abilities....???

I don't get it O_O
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    It means if a healer heals you, it heals for 7% more. Or any other form of healing.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All sources means all sources. All healing you receive is increased. What's so hard to understand about that?
  • jarkko.holmieb17_ESO
    that^^
    Example, healer's healing ability does instantly 100 points of heal and she/he target the heal on you. -> You will receive 107 points on heal from that healer ability if you do have Swallow Soul slotted in your action bar.
    Same for potions etc...
    - Sorry for the typos and my english, not focusing. I never do.
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    Any heal you are affected by is increased by 7%. It's pretty simple, really.
  • TrevorOC
    TrevorOC
    Does this also include a 7% increase to the 25% of damage heal that the skill gives?
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    that^^
    Example, healer's healing ability does instantly 100 points of heal and she/he target the heal on you. -> You will receive 107 points on heal from that healer ability if you do have Swallow Soul slotted in your action bar.
    Same for potions etc...

It's not a 'slotted on bar' thing. You need to have the Swallow Soul HoT active to receive the benefit.
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It specifically says when slotted... now it might be bugged but it does say slotted
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aoifesan wrote: »
    that^^
    Same for potions etc...

It's not a 'slotted on bar' thing. You need to have the Swallow Soul HoT active to receive the benefit.

Unless it is recently bugged, it works so long as it is slotted.

It applies to all forms of healing, I've even tested it and had success with potions increasing their healing effect.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Aoifesan wrote: »
    that^^
    Same for potions etc...

Unless it is recently bugged, it works so long as it is slotted.

It applies to all forms of healing, I've even tested it and had success with potions increasing their healing effect.

Add it to the list of things that goes buggy for me on a regular basis. I still get the Swallow soul heals you for 4 often as well. It should be healing for 80 or more(initial damage 350-400), but no, swallow soul heals you for 4 and My health is at heartbeat low levels like 10%.

Still seeing Killer's Blade not heal regularly as well.
    Edited by Aoifesan on June 13, 2014 8:43PM