The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

why must "inferno" (and morphs) set magicka regen to 0?

rotatorkuf
rotatorkuf
✭✭✭
this just seems incredibly clunky

on top of draining 28 magicka, it renders any magicka regen bonus/gear pointless

can this please be looked at??

best case scenario: reduce dmg output, keep magicka drain, leave magicka regen alone

worst case: reduce dmg output, raise magicka drain, leave magicka regen alone

i don't get the logic behind this, it's one of the most utterly useless abilities right now due to rendering your magicka regen useless
Edited by rotatorkuf on June 13, 2014 12:54AM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine, that it just consumes that magicka and didn't set regen to 0.
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    that would make sense....just nerf the dmg, or up the magicka drain
    Edited by rotatorkuf on June 13, 2014 8:17AM
  • Keoregh
    Keoregh
    I used it when I was on a stamina build, not for its damage (40 is useless), but for the crit bonus.
    I second this post, why removing mana regen with this skill ? Making it useless ?
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Every abbility that is channeled, like crystal shard, lingering ritual and whatever will set your magicka regg while channeling to 0, I guess that abbility is considered a channeled abbility^^
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    stop trying to reason this madness with even more madness lol

it's a toggled ability like inner light

maybe they need to just fix the tooltip and add "magicka regen is set to 0" and be done with it

it's such a horrible cost for 13% crit

compared to 20% crit from inner light, set it and forget it

would seriously pay for a zenimax comment right now, anywhere
    Edited by rotatorkuf on June 13, 2014 4:55PM
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Thats not madness, thats the way the game works, sorry about that.
    And this post is wrong in the PTS posts, that is a thing that is on the life servers.
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    good point, not a pts post i suppose, if they move it, they're paying some attention at least
    Edited by rotatorkuf on June 13, 2014 5:22PM