The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Assassin Build?

LegendaryPow
Hi! I'm a templar, and a vampire, and I use mist form and drain. Anyway I'll cut to the chase. I wanna be a quick assassin, like in cyro. Get in there do massive amount of damage quickly, then get out? I prefer to stick with the bow as main, atm I use bow main, duel weild second. So anyway! I wanna just quickly do as much damage as I can then get out. I don't really care about the long term surviving as I have mist form and invis potions to get me out of bad situations. So yeah! Please give me some tips! And maybe a build?
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrong class - i know it sounds hard but you´ve chosen the wrong class for your goal. its like buying a 1936 beatle and try to compete in any modern car racing scene (nescar, F1 what ever) the beatle is going and going and going but he will never be a true competitor ;)
    as templars are the class dealing the lowest and slowest dmg of all 4 classes, we have no burst(compared to other classes), the only way to get a finisher is by using 2h.
    so my advise if you are unwilling to reroll(wich i would highly recommend for your preferred playstyle) is: this
    open up on range with a bow heavy attack from stealth, aply eclipse if its a range class wich is the case in 99% of the time, darkflare followed by vamp flame, and venom arrow to supress self healing - if hes retreating stay in range and finish him of if not,
    switch your bar use blazing shield(HP puffer and a nice dmg add in a few seconds to burst him down), charge him while charging use the silver bolt morph you preferred, and finish him off with executioner.
    if your enemy is worth a bit even when you have the surprise on your side you will probably be out dmged wich is the templars fate honor the dead will hopefully fixed one day and can be than a lifesaver.

ah and get tons of crafted crit+stam+magica potions.
    Edited by Tankqull on June 11, 2014 9:32AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to tell you that but if you want do do some serious damage you cannot go without dress and stick. From what you described you want stamina build but stamina builds are the weakest ones and one weakest dps class your limit in PvE gonna be max 3 vet mobs. Magic build>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>melee build.

AS for bow your damage will be much lower than from stick. Bow<<<<<<<magic. In both melee and ranged attacks you still gonna use skills from templar line but they wont do much damage and costs looooot of magicka.

My suggestion would be to play 2 light 5 heavy using resto stick and sword + shield or resto + destr in full light gear, if you want to make some dps and not to watch death recap.

But if you are like me you gonna say **** this I'm gonna play as I want couse it's elder scrolls and it's what makes ES(not ESO) so great!!!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will open some of this up.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • LegendaryPow
    wrong class - i know it sounds hard but you´ve chosen the wrong class for your goal. its like buying a 1936 beatle and try to compete in any modern car racing scene (nescar, F1 what ever) the beatle is going and going and going but he will never be a true competitor ;)
    as templars are the class dealing the lowest and slowest dmg of all 4 classes, we have no burst(compared to other classes), the only way to get a finisher is by using 2h.
    so my advise if you are unwilling to reroll(wich i would highly recommend for your preferred playstyle) is: this
    open up on range with a bow heavy attack from stealth, aply eclipse if its a range class wich is the case in 99% of the time, darkflare followed by vamp flame, and venom arrow to supress self healing - if hes retreating stay in range and finish him of if not,
    switch your bar use blazing shield(HP puffer and a nice dmg add in a few seconds to burst him down), charge him while charging use the silver bolt morph you preferred, and finish him off with executioner.
    if your enemy is worth a bit even when you have the surprise on your side you will probably be out dmged wich is the templars fate honor the dead will hopefully fixed one day and can be than a lifesaver.

ah and get tons of crafted crit+stam+magica potions.

Well yeah, I really agree, but I wanna stick with duel weild and bow, as for bow. Snipe and poison arrow can really hurt, duel weild is like a finish off/er (whirlwind and hidden blade)
    :D
  • LegendaryPow
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Sorry to tell you that but if you want do do some serious damage you cannot go without dress and stick. From what you described you want stamina build but stamina builds are the weakest ones and one weakest dps class your limit in PvE gonna be max 3 vet mobs. Magic build>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>melee build.

AS for bow your damage will be much lower than from stick. Bow<<<<<<<magic. In both melee and ranged attacks you still gonna use skills from templar line but they wont do much damage and costs looooot of magicka.

My suggestion would be to play 2 light 5 heavy using resto stick and sword + shield or resto + destr in full light gear, if you want to make some dps and not to watch death recap.

But if you are like me you gonna say **** this I'm gonna play as I want couse it's elder scrolls and it's what makes ES(not ESO) so great!!!

Yeah I really regret choosing Templar now, it's not great for me. I also wanna stick with medium armor, as it is really fast and helps me stealth. I'm really fussy xD
  • LegendaryPow
    Hopefully Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will open some of this up.

Man that'd be awesome!!!