Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Negate Magic - Change Suggestion -

Surinen
Surinen
✭✭✭
Why? because I find it bland and boring
How: turn one of the morphs into slow time zone. affects both physical and magick damage based characters; that is, when your enemy steps inside the dome then he becomes slowed. same rule applies to projectiles both physical and magickal. they still move inside it but slowly.

Do you want it?
Edited by Surinen on June 9, 2014 8:41PM

Negate Magic - Change Suggestion - 26 votes

yes, my Lord!
11%
YusufSai87RUSurinen 3 votes
no, man, no
88%
potato404indytims_ESOTeargrantsalexj4596b14_ESOErock25PyatrastarstruckBrasseurfb16_ESORebVariciteplaxy186Shaun98ca2Still_MindErilAqCoUsTArcanusMagusValencerPadRalathar44saintofmirrors 23 votes
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, man, no
    Negate Magic is one of the best utility Ultimates in the entire game...

There are so many better things to be looking at "fixing".
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    no, man, no
    Love how the only vote in favour is by the OP himself :)
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • audabon2013
    audabon2013
    ✭✭
    no, man, no
    if u think its boring youre nuts. absorption field morph is so good in so many ways and is unique in its properties.

just think of something as simple and laughable as vet spindle. boss drops standard, I drop abs.field. bye bye standard and now we have his adds stunned too?? for almost 12 full seconds. that's the fight baby! done.

anytime theres junk on the ground or stunnable/silence-able mobs around, blammo!!

my sorc is only v3 but this ability is a stong contender for atronach imo. just depends if we need more dps or more utility for the situation.
    Options
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, man, no
    Surinen wrote: »
    Why? because I find it bland and boring
    How: turn one of the morphs into slow time zone. affects both physical and magick damage based characters; that is, when your enemy steps inside the dome then he becomes slowed. same rule applies to projectiles both physical and magickal. they still move inside it but slowly.

Do you want it?

No for a simple reason, all projectiles work with hitchecks and can't be slowed down in this game. So your idea couldn't work unless they redesign the game so that projectiles actualy have collision boxes instead of hitchecks.

And also another no, because Negate Magic has already unique fonctions in game. It remove lingering magical effects and buffs in the area of effect, it heals you every second with Blood Magic and the Synergy with Exploitation from Dark Magic and Ruffian from dual wield just makes this ability awesome on its own.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on June 12, 2014 3:19PM
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    yes, my Lord!
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    indeed, superior minds are rare after all.

No for a simple reason, all projectiles work with hitchecks and can't be slowed down in this game. So your idea couldn't work unless they redesign the game so that projectiles actualy have collision boxes instead of hitchecks.

And also another no, because Negate Magic has already unique fonctions in game. It remove lingering magical effects and buffs in the area of effect, it heals you every second with Blood Magic and the Synergy with Exploitation from Dark Magic and Ruffian from dual wield just makes this ability awesome on its own.
    oh, that is unfortunate.
    it is not really unique, well, maybe in this game yes but overall quite common and boring.
    game is lacking spectacular looking abilities or ones that let you enjoy the gameplay with its unique perks. it is all about dmg this dmg that, less dmg this and less damage that.

Options
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    no, man, no
    I love negate magic. I went with suppression field to give a little bit of group utility in dungeons and trials, and for group pvp. Couple that with exploitation and my crit goes up on those targets. It's probably my favorite ultimate.
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
    Options
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, man, no
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    indeed, superior minds are rare after all.

First, you are going to edit what you just wrote, because our own minds might actualy surprise you, mind you.

Secondly if you understand this paragraph, right above, wich you completly ignored, you will also understand why your idea won't work unless the devs completly redesign the game mechanics, wich won't happen!
    oh, that is unfortunate.
    it is not really unique, well, maybe in this game yes but overall quite common and boring.
    game is lacking spectacular looking abilities or ones that let you enjoy the gameplay with its unique perks. it is all about dmg this dmg that, less dmg this and less damage that.

What you propose isn't unique either because those mechanics you are speaking about have been used several times in games before, so what's your point?

Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on June 12, 2014 6:58PM
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather just have them raise the target cap.

Or else add back the damage like it had in Beta.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    yes, my Lord!
    First, you are going to edit what you just wrote, because our own minds might actualy surprise you, mind you.
    I do not get surprised easily.
    Secondly if you understand this paragraph, right above, wich you completly ignored, you will also understand why your idea won't work unless the devs completly redesign the game mechanics, wich won't happen!
    I have not ignored it. 'oh, that is unfortunate' is my comment on it. but you are probably right and they will not redesign it. but they should do it.
    What you propose isn't unique either because those mechanics you are speaking about have been used several times in games before, so what's your point?
    hm I can only think of diablo 3. definately much more interesting idea of morph than the ones we have currently in the game. dome that would serve as pillar with risk attached to it.
    this thread came to be because I want some interesting, funny abilities that will create new great gameplay opportunities. there is no need for it to be necessesarily negate magic morph but: a) it fits b) I wanted to add to currently existing abilities to avoid 'new ability idea'

NordJitsu wrote: »
    I'd rather just have them raise the target cap.

Or else add back the damage like it had in Beta.
    it sounds good, second option that is.

Options