The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Thoughts on the testing process

Windshadow_ESO
Windshadow_ESO
✭✭✭
I am trying to take a V12 template sorc to the point of meaningfully test crafting problems ans its a slow slog. The need to hit certain quests to get the skill point they award can be a problem when they have requirements for pervious quests and those quests have any "capture" parts to them the trick is to remove all weapons etc so you don't one shot these less than lev 15 opponents.
Them you run into the need to learn all the patterns for the armor and weapons... This on a toon that is just for testing... Its a huge investment of time for what at the end is just to help the developers polish this game.

I am doing it in part for 2 main reasons
One, I realy like the game in particular the story elements that are so cleverly woven into the books and other text objects that you find as you play.
Two, even though play on the PTS is rather lonely ( at the east coast morning time that I have available to play) it absence of bots and spammers makes it far more enjoyable than a lot of the exp on the live servers have been over the last few months.

But for the developers to get the best out of us who are willing to put in the low reward time into testing they need to give us the tools to test not just the new content that is in the pipeline but also the tools to test the nooks and crannies of the game like the exploration and crafting parts

Just my opinion
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    I started 2 lvl 1 characters because then at least you can do the quest without trouble. Mostly also because you can only make a breton, orc or redguard for v12 and i find that too limited for testing results.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to open up the crafting (traits, max level, etc) and all races and factions in a template for VR levels. Also, they need to dump the player in the starting city -- I am stuck in a unknown zone now, thus I can not test new content since I have no way shrines open. On the Live server, I am only level 43, so I do not know VR content yet.

It will be cool if we can just dump out Live char into the PTS server, then we can to a NPC to get to the VR level in the starting city of the said faction. Thus, we can test the game with a "real" char that we are using. If our Live char level or get new gear, etc we can always over write the version of him / her on the PTS server. Thus, we always have a "real" char to test the new ideas / content with with a known char build.