Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire cost reduction of skills on vampire stages is not working!!!

Horos
Horos
Soul Shriven
Guys vampire cost reduction of skills on vampire stages is not working for me. Craglorn didn't do ***. If i feed on some one and i change vampire stages it works but when i go offline it doesn't work. What about you guys?
  • frozenheart1988
    frozenheart1988
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same bug too. That passtive only effect a few mins then the cost remain the same as stave 1
  • raendsheznonub17_ESO
    raendsheznonub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Mine flat out just never works. All vampirism skills always cost the same as stage 1 vampirism. But I still manage to lose my health regen and my flame resistance. I also have the fed on ally bug that I couldn't/can't bite anyone for 50 days from the last time I bit. But hey, I'm down to 33 days now? Pro right?
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed , the bugs to the passives and the feeding stages are still here , nothing changed with the Craglorn bug , it actually is kind of worse if i think about it.

Pre-craglorn , if i went to stage 3 , i would still receive the proper feeding bonus for that stage for the duration even if i died , but now ,even if i get to stage 3 , but die , that resets me to stage 1 feeding .

So this patch made it worse than it was before.

This is a real shame , but at the rate this are going right now , i think that i will unsub and wait for a few months to see if they start improving the game before , at the moment , i can say that i don't feel like i am getting the experience that i should get for 15 USD per month. Maybe in about 4-6 months things will change and i really hope they will because i really want to play a MMO in the TES universe , but at the moment , with all the bugs and glitches , server lag and other connection problems , some related to the fact that the EU server is in the US , i think i will just sit back and do something else after this months sub time runs out.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked mine dont work .... i am losing interest fast. Canceling two of my three subscriptions at end of the month.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't like vampires or WW's...

Can't even touch Mist form either way because it flat out costs too much magicka for my heavy-armor using self even with the maximum of 17%? reduced cost of the whole 2 vampire skills you get. I only use drain essence which doesn't cost that much anyways from stage 1.
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed, the bug still exist.
  • Krow
    Krow
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed. This needs immediate attention ZOS.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sad. Unnatural resistance & Undeath don't seem to work properly either, then again the tooltips are pretty vague. (general problem in ESO)

What's the point of being a vampire currently again? Not saying we should be going back to the bugged swarm days, but right now active skills feel pretty useless and half the passives don't seem to function properly.

And what's the deal with Mist Form? Feels like the damage mitigation doesn't work, same for ground CC immunity, on top of that -- it can also be interrupted. Maybe I haven't tested this thoroughly.
  • Lepratul
    Lepratul
    Soul Shriven
    Passive "Undeat" armor not working, if i relog/log off or change map by teleport/shrine Vampire stage 2-4 stop give discount to vampire ability mana/ulti. And last thing vampire Poison mist dont tick as intended he tick only three times not eight times. I miss 5 tick of damage from this spell.
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked mine dont work .... i am losing interest fast. Canceling two of my three subscriptions at end of the month.

Yeah, and I got rid of two out of three automobiles because I'm mad at combustion.

• demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see unnatural resistance updating properly when I look at my health regen. What the real problem is is that stage 2-4 don't change what they say. Under unnatural resistance, Stage 2 does not have health regen drop, stage 3 is 25% and stage 4 is 50%. However, I agree about undeath. I don't seem to get any benefit to Undeath. I never ever notice damage mitigation below 50% HP. It needs to tell how much mitigation it actually starts at, and when it reaches 50%. For all we know it starts at 1% and stays that way until you have 10hp left, then it goes to 50% like it even matters at that point. I think it should change to have a static mitigation of say 30% once health reaches that threshold. I haven't noticed the damage mitigation with mist form not working with the handful of times I've had it on my bar. Tho that skill costs way too much magicka for me to bother with. Heavy armor user....

I too feel the skills other than the ultimate are pretty meh especially in PvP, and even the ultimate is only 5 seconds long. I've been having problems with Drain essence not wanting to even activate on an enemy player that it should be activating against. I have to spam the button. And when it does activate they aren't always stunned immediately and can just move away. The immunity to drain essence on a player probably shouldn't last nearly as long as it does on an NPC either.

Then there is feeding. Humanoid only is crap, and goblins don't seem to count as humanoids. If I want to feed off of a wolf I should be able to. Feeding should do damage based on vampire stage too and give health and stamina at the same rate as drain essense would. The more blood thirsty you are the more damage it should do, then they should make the health gain you get from it based on that damage rather than a magical number that comes from nowhere. Stage 1 feeding shouldn't be weak as you aren't even hungry, up to stage 4 where it should almost kill. Feeding leaves them immune to drain essence too, so its fair that it should do greater damage than it as it is sneak attack only.

I also think once fixed, the Skill cost reduction should just apply to all skills, not just the 2 vamp skills you get. Anti-vamps may call that going overboard, but I call it reasonable for all the extra damage I have to take. Overall vampires don't have all that much power but a buttload of weakness and traits/skills useable against them.

There is no benefit to being below stage 4 while stage 4 doesn't have enough penalty to it, unless you are big on appearances. A little bit more HP regen? whatever, HP regen is low regardless. Fire damage is always 50% more on all stages and I think that needs to change. They should tie the activation % of undeath and damage taken from anti-undead skills into it, with all stages having benefit and detriment. Anti-undead being skills like dawnbreaker and silver bolts.

I think it should look more like this.
      Stage 1
    1. Fire Damage taken increased by 5%
    2. Health Regen reduced by 25%
    3. Skills and spells cost 5% less
    4. Undeath activates at 30% max HP
    5. Feeding takes 10% target Max HP over its duration.
      Stage 2
    1. Fire Damage taken Increased by 15%
    2. Health regen reduced by 50%
    3. Skills and spells cost 10% less
    4. Undeath activates at 40% max HP
    5. Increase damage taken from anti-undead by 10%
    6. Feeding takes 25% target Max HP over its duration.
      Stage 3
    1. Fire damage taken increased by 30%
    2. Health Regen reduced by 75%.
    3. Skills and spells cost 15% less
    4. Undeath Activates at 50% max HP
    5. Increase damage from anti-undead by 20%
    6. Feeding takes 40% target Max HP over its duration.
      Stage 4
    1. Fire Damage taken increased by 50%
    2. Health Regen reduced by 95 or 100%.
    3. Skills and spells cost 25% less
    4. Undeath activates at 60% max HP
    5. Increase damage from anti-undead by 40%
    6. Feeding takes 80% target Max HP over its duration.

Unnatural Resistance should then affect stage 1-4 but only by 15% instead of 25%, and undeath should be a static 25% damage mitigation instead of varying.

Off topic but related, I have to wonder about some traits that force you to spend skill points on to gain their effects for in this game. I mean who WOULDN'T take the unnatural resistance trait? Undeath, supernatural recovery, Savage feeding, and Dark Stalker should just be standard for vampires, unnatural resistance should go away. What kind of vampire doesn't spend into these skills anyways? This really goes for a lot of passives in the game. or, they should just activate based on your level with the skill line along with wearing the pieces instead of taking skill points.

For example, the Bracing trait of heavy armor should activate on its own when you reach the appropriate level with heavy armor, and are actually wearing 5 pieces of it. I dont see a reason why it needs skill points, youre going to buy it anyway or else just be willingly gimping yourself.

I think for things like this, if they are going to require skillpoints there should be some kind of detriment to them, or else theres no reason why it couldn't have just activated on skill line levelup. They could have reduced the total number of skillpoints avaliable in the game based on this as well.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on June 1, 2014 7:43PM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news, looks like the cost reduction bug has been fixed (ninja). Hasn't gone away while zoning or dieing yet.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But now, I confirmed myself that elusive mist control effect immunity doesnt work. i even got stunned while using it and knocked me out of mist, and it seems the damage reduction doesn't always work either.
  • Lepratul
    Lepratul
    Soul Shriven
    Passive "Undeat" armor not working, if i relog/log off or change map by teleport/shrine Vampire stage 2-4 stop give discount to vampire ability mana/ulti. And last thing vampire Poison mist dont tick as intended he tick only three times not eight times. I miss 5 tick of damage from this spell.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lepratul wrote: »

they ninja changed poison mists tooltip. Its every 1.5 secs, not 1/2.
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    That cost reduction has never worked... Not at any time during this games life.
    The cost reductions only work if you move up a stage and then never hit a loading screen. Whenever the game loads the costs get reset to stage 1, even if you are at stage 4.
    I've probably already sent in 3-5 bug reports on this over the last 2 months, and made posts on the forums about it numerous times... Still no fix.