Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They need to Double and even Quadruple the damage for alot of the Weapon skills.

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
The entire S&H tree, the Bows, 2handed, even Dual Wield could use a good doubling of the damage of all the trees.

and thats just for starters across the board.. some need alot more than others.

At the moment most Weapon skills are just too weak to be useful compaired to class abilitys, the stamina ones in particular are generally not worth using.

a good example... I can hit 1k Damage per second on my Sorcerer using Class abilitys in rotation.

But the same character shifted from MP to SP can at best hold 300dps by spamming Flurry on a single target(assuming most hits crit)

the small number of really useful Weapon skills are usually useful because of their added effects, like the 3 second immobilize on Bombard IV. Or the Taunt effect of Puncture(the debuff on this is nice tho).

in some ways, this is the most pressing issue in terms of balance in this game. Attacking with your weapons is generally less than 30% efficient than attacking with class ability (even NB does better relying on class spam for good damage)

I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it should be the other way around. I mean weapons should provide the main DPS part, with a little utility and class skills should add a nice layer of utility/defense/situational boosts.

As a NB i can't understand what the "thought" process was to make our main self heal, also one of the best ranged DPS options. It simply feels strange to "spam" a skill that has a strong heal hot. Assume resto staff regeneration also would deal 300 damage on cast.

The other "big" screwup is the resto staff passive "Circle of Life" it does provide nothing to the healing role, while it "forces" every class skill based DPS build to only "carry" a resto staff for this one passive. Its a complete design failure like many Ultimates, that are mainly slotted for some passive boost. (I look at u Flawless Dawnbreaker)

If "Circle of Life" would apply some nice healing boost only, than at least all DPS builds would add one weapon skill as sta dump and we might see some "visual" weapon variety in trials.
    Edited by Andy22 on June 11, 2014 11:08AM