The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sound Bug

Skirmish840
Skirmish840
✭✭✭
So my Son and I rolled our first chars today, lvl 1's DK/NB Daggerfall as it was our only choice to roll the race we wanted as it's the same as live. The 1st thing we noticed was the sound is broken, we get the opening credits and then silence, I have double checked all settings and made sure it works with the live server, it's definitely broken on the PTS through the wailing prison and including all the way to stross mkai with relogs inc.

Please let me know if it's broken for other people who rolled level 1's today as I saw quite a few running through the WP when I was there, on the test server.
Edited by Skirmish840 on June 10, 2014 12:15PM
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    So the sound works for everyone else then ??
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worked fine for me this morning
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    I'll repair the install manually and see if that helps, it works fine for the Live server for me :o

EDIT:
    It's now downloading another 5gig, it's interesting that I could play even though the game files were incomplete, like missing all the sound files apparently omg...
    Edited by Skirmish840 on June 10, 2014 11:07PM
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm the sound works now that I've completed the repair that I started manually.

The bug is: I was able to play the Test Server with corrupted sound files, actually no sound files, the fix is manually repairing the install of the PTS.

Side note: My PTS files were downloaded during Beta and have been maintained throughout the last few months, then updated once given access to the PTS.