Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why in the world weapon skill do not generate Ultimate points ?

killedbyping
killedbyping
✭✭✭✭
Topic says it all. That idiocy just make Weapon skills even more inferior compared to Magick.
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon skills have always built ultimate. You either have a bug, or you are fighting enemies too far below your level.
    The Psijic Order
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    2 of the best ultimate generating skill are actualy weapon skill ^^' elemental ring from destro staff (aoe dmg+aoe dot+ chance to apply condition) and Carve from 2h (aoe damage, aoe dot, aoe bleed if you use an axe + addtional ultimate per target hit)
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is possible for my character to have such bag ? Also all of guild mates and friends confirm they do not generate ultimate points when using weapon abilitys aswell.

No, i dont fight with mobs below my level. I just tested it again in VR dungeons, Craglorn world mobs and Trials. I am VR12, and my weapon skills do not generate a single ultimate point.
    Only way to make ultimate points with weapon skills is to turn on Siphoning Strikes, because attacks are counted as Siphoning skill use and generate ultimate because of siphoning passive.
    2 of the best ultimate generating skill are actualy weapon skill ^^' elemental ring from destro staff (aoe dmg+aoe dot+ chance to apply condition) and Carve from 2h (aoe damage, aoe dot, aoe bleed if you use an axe + addtional ultimate per target hit)

Didn't tryed a destro stuff, only tested it with 2h, dw and bow. And only Cleave generate ultimate and it doesnt count, because it generate ulti only because of it's morth effect. Unmorphed Cleave or Shield Morph doesnt generate any ultimate.

I guess you got me wrong. I am talking about fact that using ANY Magicka skill generate some ulti points in general, while using weapons skills dont generate anything.

I believe the problem is not what type of weapon you use, but what type of resaurces you use. And it appears that skills which uses Stamina do not generate ultimate.

P.S. just took a look at Mages and Warriors guild ultis... I have 1.5x more stamina then Magicka and still Meteor (Magicka dependant ulti) do 1.3x more damage then Dawnbraker. Even if we pretend i use that ulti on Daedra or Undead (60% damage bonus) Meteor will still be slightly stronger.
    Edited by killedbyping on June 7, 2014 10:04AM
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭

P.S. just took a look at Mages and Warriors guild ultis... I have 1.5x more stamina then Magicka and still Meteor (Magicka dependant ulti) do 1.3x more damage then Dawnbraker. Even if we pretend i use that ulti on Daedra or Undead (60% damage bonus) Meteor will still be slightly stronger.

did you notice the ultimate cost of those 2? ^^' the time you build up enough ultimate to cast a meteor you get enough to cast downbreaker twice ^^' (125 ulti against 250... exactly the double ^^') also metero deal full damage only to the target and half of that to the others enemy in the area... dawnbreaker deal full damage to all target in the area...
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok... a litle update. It is only happening in dungeons.
    In the world all of my weapons skill generate ultimate just fine. But in any dungeons they do not generate ANYTHING.
    Only magicka skills generate ultimate and it seems Siphoning passives doesnt work in dugeons either.
    Edited by killedbyping on June 7, 2014 7:45PM
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the world all of my weapons skill generate ultimate just fine. But in any dungeons they do not generate ANYTHING.
    Only magicka skills generate ultimate and it seems Siphoning passives doesnt work in dugeons either.

The siphoning passive has never working with Siphoning Strikes or either mroph. If you actually read the tooltip on the passive it shouldn't either. You generate 1 Ultimate when dealing damage with a Siphoning ability. Siphong Strikes restores resources but doesn't do any damage. People also assume Strife morphs are bugged but that is a single hit spell that restores life over time as a result, so only the initial strife will give you ultimate. People just assume that Strife is a dot since they get healed over time.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »

The siphoning passive has never working with Siphoning Strikes or either mroph. If you actually read the tooltip on the passive it shouldn't either. You generate 1 Ultimate when dealing damage with a Siphoning ability. Siphong Strikes restores resources but doesn't do any damage. People also assume Strife morphs are bugged but that is a single hit spell that restores life over time as a result, so only the initial strife will give you ultimate. People just assume that Strife is a dot since they get healed over time.

By not working siphoning passives i meant that siphoning skill suppose to generate more then just 1 point of ultimate with its passive. However they not.

But truly this bother me less. Main problem is that weapon skill ultimate generation seems to only work outside of dungeons or only on some certains trashes inside.
    It doesnt really matter what dungeon we talking about, it is same in Vet, trial or even delv.
    I've noticed that in early access, but untill VR ranks this didnt bother me that much.
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    By not working siphoning passives i meant that siphoning skill suppose to generate more then just 1 point of ultimate with its passive. However they not.

The transfer passive works fine on Strife, Agony, Drain Power and Cripple. If u assume it works on base attacks, with siphoning toggled on, u simply misunderstood the passive. The tooltip explicitly states "siphoning abilities", so doing light/heavy attacks with siphoning toggled on, does not convert those base attacks to a "ability".

Regarding the ultimate bug, i also noticed this as tank in dungeons, mainly on light attacks. No idea what causing it and how u can fix it.
    Edited by Andy22 on June 10, 2014 11:54AM