Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A thought on heavy amour passives!

alexj4596b14_ESO
alexj4596b14_ESO
✭✭✭
So everyone can agree that the first two are not that bad, the spell resit could be increased too be slightly better then light amour and be more helpful! Now I'm a tanking scorc, I currently use light amour and bound amour. So far I have not found anything I could not tank and do it well. One thing I dislike is I want too use heavy amour I like the look of runing into battle and chopping a npc's head of and blood all over my amour and it looks cool!

Now the 3rd passive and 5 passive are utterly worthless. We know the deves are looking make so heavy amour regens ULT by blocking which is a step in the right direction however the one thing heavy amour lacks is magic AND stamina cost reduction passives and regin. Now before people start jumping and say that it would be OP too have that let's look at the what we know.

Tanks use both magic and stamina!
1h-board dose not do any real damage anymore!

Ok so this is what we know. Now the reason that light amour is so nice for damage is because of 2 passive 10% crit on spells and the 21% increase in spell penetration.

Now let's define spells- a spell is anything that is part of any non-weapon tree excluding staffs. They use a combination of weapon power.spell crit and magic too determine damage

Now Abilities are weapon based . Weapon power, weapon crit, stamina determine the strength of weapon based attacks and abilities.

If 21% cost reduction and 21 regin for both stamina and magic would not make them OP, however it would insure that 1 spells and abilities can be fired off and tanks are not out of magic or stamina. Over all it would just make tanking with either stamina base for magic based easier and more receptive.

Anyway my 2 cents I would really like too see whAt people think if this.
Edited by alexj4596b14_ESO on June 3, 2014 9:17PM
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    Right now heavy armor is pretty useless in PvP/PvE. You will tank better with medium or light armor what is no sense for me....
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armour passives need a major overhaul, I agree. I think more tanky mechanics should be introduced. Like awarding stamina and magicka for getting hit, or for blocking. Progressing damage reduction as your health gets lower.

As for 1h+shield, I think it needs to be more interactive. Reflect needs to be cheaper, there should be a "riposte" mechanic - after you successfully block, your next weapon attack would be doing more damage, proportionally to the strength of the blow that you just blocked.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • BADEVIL
    BADEVIL
    ✭✭
    Now the 3rd passive and 5 passive are utterly worthless. We know the deves are looking make so heavy amour regens ULT by blocking which is a step in the right direction however the one thing heavy amour lacks is magic AND stamina cost reduction passives and regin.

Sorry but i don't understand - which, passive or active skill in heavy armor reduce ULT regen?

Did you write this think about armour serts?

BR
    BADEVIL

• alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BADEVIL wrote: »
    Now the 3rd passive and 5 passive are utterly worthless. We know the deves are looking make so heavy amour regens ULT by blocking which is a step in the right direction however the one thing heavy amour lacks is magic AND stamina cost reduction passives and regin.

Sorry but i don't understand - which, passive or active skill in heavy armor reduce ULT regen?

Did you write this think about armour serts?

BR
    BADEVIL

ZoS said they were going too see if they couldn't add that into heavy amour.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    Heavy armour passives need a major overhaul, I agree. I think more tanky mechanics should be introduced. Like awarding stamina and magicka for getting hit, or for blocking. Progressing damage reduction as your health gets lower.

As for 1h+shield, I think it needs to be more interactive. Reflect needs to be cheaper, there should be a "riposte" mechanic - after you successfully block, your next weapon attack would be doing more damage, proportionally to the strength of the blow that you just blocked.

Heavy amour cant be designed just for tanking it has too be designed over all for many builds which is why reduction in cost and increase in regin is a must, and the ULT regin from blocking would be nice.
    Edited by alexj4596b14_ESO on June 6, 2014 3:13PM
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    Fighting in heavy armor is an exercise in energy efficiency. It will drain stamina really fast, mostly on account of heat, and partly by weight - heat exhaustion will kill you before any weapon will.

The key to avoiding exhaustion is to end your fight quicker, by disarming or immobilizing your opponent. You can afford to take chances in plate, and if you do so, the result is you disarm or put down your opponent so you can stab your weapon into his face or a gap in the armor.

With that in mind, if Heavy passives were going to give you something, then I would think something like these would help:

1. Rhino Hide - Heavy armor cap is increased 20% (40% with 2 skill points)

2. Stunning Disarm - Combat techniques provide a 7% chance to disarm with each hit, which stuns the target for 1 second. (2 seconds with 2 skill points)

3. Insulation - Metal's higher resistance to Magika grants + 20% spell resistance. (30% with 2 skill points)

Perks like these would help mitigate damage from physical or magical attacks, and buy you time to regain Health and Stamina.