Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Storm Calling. but why Storm Calling?

Surinen
Surinen
✭✭✭
Why exactly is this skill line called Storm Calling? There are no wind, rain nor snow etc. abilities. There is only lightning. It should be shock skill line/lightning skill line.

I would like to see visual changes to this skill line, for an example: lightning splash turned into lightning hurricane/liquid lightning made into liquid lightning instead of current boringdom, lightning form morphs with different animations; wind form, water form or snow one.

/
on side note: all morphs should get new animations. personally I find sorcerer's abilities lacking, they lack power, power that this beautifully presented in the cinematics. there is none of it in the sorcerer's arsenal. [I will skip dark magic and daedric summoning completely: first one has boring crystals and second bad looking, useless pets] even overload looks like Palpatine's attempt at force lightning after week of training. I would like to see it bigger, badder and as regular ability instead of an ultimate. there is no regular lightning attack for the sorcerer. one that you cast is an execute ability.

unfortunately 'sparks' were made into lightning staff heavy attack

and where is green lightning from the cinematic?

oh how much I would love to throw a javeline made out of lightning!
[spell crafting maybe????????]
Edited by Surinen on June 6, 2014 8:56PM
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    Why exactly is this skill line called Storm Calling? There are no wind, rain nor snow etc. abilities. There is only lightning. It should be shock skill line/lightning skill line.

I would like to see visual changes to this skill line, for an example: lightning splash turned into lightning hurricane/liquid lightning made into liquid lightning instead of current boringdom, lightning form morphs with different animations; wind form, water form or snow one.

/
    on side note: all morphs should get new animations. personally I find sorcerer's abilities lacking, they lack power, power that this beautifully presented in the cinematics. there is none of it in the sorcerer's arsenal. [I will skip dark magic and daedric summoning completely: first one has boring crystals and second bad looking, useless pets] even overload looks like Palpatine's attempt at force lightning after week of training. I would like to see it bigger, badder and as regular ability instead of an ultimate. there is no regular lightning attack for the sorcerer. one that you cast is an execute ability.

unfortunately 'sparks' were made into lightning staff heavy attack

and where is green lightning from the cinematic?

oh how much I would love to throw a javeline made out of lightning!
    [spell crafting maybe????????]

It has too do with elder scroll lore.

There are 3 different types of magic in elder scrolls that are called elements "frost, shock,fire" if you think about alchemy wind at high speeds heats up, eventually creating lighting, so "air" and "fire" create storm. They explain this in the AD starter zone. Normally Anything too do with "fire, frost shock" would be considered "destruction" abilities. However eso takes place during ancient times. So ancient magic still exist, and magical lore has not been lost yet compared too marrowind, and the other games.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭

There are 3 different types of magic in elder scrolls that are called elements "frost, shock,fire" if you think about alchemy wind at high speeds heats up, eventually creating lighting, so "air" and "fire" create storm. They explain this in the AD starter zone. Normally Anything too do with "fire, frost shock" would be considered "destruction" abilities. However eso takes place during ancient times. So ancient magic still exist, and magical lore has not been lost yet compared too marrowind, and the other games.
    Actually, it has nothing to do with elder scrolls lore.

I will go straight for https://www.esohead.com/books/2388-moraats-theory-of-lightning (I would not believe it though, writing of a lesser race).I must correct you about the elements:
    1. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Glories_and_Laments
    1. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_from_the_Sky
    ESO does not take place in ancient times.

Options
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Because calling it "Don't taze me bro" wouldn't have fit with lore.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Pyatra wrote: »
    Because calling it "Don't taze me bro" wouldn't have fit with lore.
    but lightning and shock would. fulgomancer or whatever bitter zap zap creature would do much better than 'storm'

Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »

Actually, it has nothing to do with elder scrolls lore.

I will go straight for https://www.esohead.com/books/2388-moraats-theory-of-lightning (I would not believe it though, writing of a lesser race).I must correct you about the elements:
    1. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Glories_and_Laments
    1. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_from_the_Sky
    ESO does not take place in ancient times.

I could have sworn that eso is 1000 years before marrowind. That ancient enough for me.
    Options
  • serenity_painted
    serenity_painted
    ✭✭✭
    *** i don't know, probably beacuse they thought it sounded cool. Have you considered you might be overthinking things?

Here,let me use words to paint you an image of how the name come to be.
    -Hey Bob
    -Hi Dave
    -What names to you like for the sorcerers lightening tree? Lightening,Electrocution or Storm Calling?
    -Storm Calling
    -Yeah i liked that one too.
    -OK
    THE END
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    I could have sworn that eso is 1000 years before marrowind. That ancient enough for me.
    less than 1000. well, who m I to question your time perception.
    *** i don't know, probably beacuse they thought it sounded cool. Have you considered you might be overthinking things?

Here,let me use words to paint you an image of how the name come to be.
    -Hey Bob
    -Hi Dave
    -What names to you like for the sorcerers lightening tree? Lightening,Electrocution or Storm Calling?
    -Storm Calling
    -Yeah i liked that one too.
    -OK
    THE END
    one does not create TES game without overthinking! I want my skill lines lore to cover at least 5000 pages tomes and more!

Give storm to storm calling!
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry but I can not let this slide

Science Bomb Time

Lightning, Is the result of a massive static discharge and is NOT caused by the air heating up and turning into a plasma. Basically, Positrons in the air build up in excess on the molecules of water that make up the clouds. As a result, the mass seeks equilibrium and discharges the excess positrons. Like a giant static shock from rubbing your socks on the carpet.The earth is a giant magnet and has a massive amount of electrical energy both positive and negative, discharges are a natural result of this as well; so magnetism is part of the cause of the actual phenomena know as lightning. But this is just the simple version.

Thanks and sorry to Interrupt your conversation. :)
    Edited by Tessitura on June 9, 2014 7:19PM
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »

Science Bomb Time

Lightning, Is the result of a massive static discharge and is NOT caused by the air heating up and turning into a plasma. Basically, Positrons in the air build up in excess on the molecules of water that make up the clouds. As a result, the mass seeks equilibrium and discharges the excess positrons. Like a giant static shock from rubbing your socks on the carpet.The earth is a giant magnet and has a massive amount of electrical energy both positive and negative, discharges are a natural result of this as well; so magnetism is part of the cause of the actual phenomena know as lightning. But this is just the simple version.

Sorry but I'm not speaking from scientific I'm speak from a metaphysical point of view which "magic" gets it base from. Fire and air of the "earth, air, fire, water" of the elements "heat and air" are what causes "lighting". In many Belief systems "storm" in characterized as the combination of all 4 elements which is has been coined "storm or Devine" energy. Now based on the elements "fire,shock,frost" the "air & fire" would create "lighting", "air & water" would create frost frost, fire would be considered the "primal or Devine" source of energy in elder scrolls. :) we were both talking from two different ends of the spectrum!
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    [

Science Bomb Time

that is too Earth bound!
    Lightning is a result of sloppily closed eyelid. muscle frame gets twisted by the potential threat coming from the tearful eyelashes. little knots form in nerve system. brain shuts for a moment which causes running nose. goo exposed to the magick outside bodily rig becomes a sentient being, particle of incarnation that seeks nearest sleeping person. it rubs itself three times on sleeper's forehead only to be projected into dreamsleeve where it dances among the shy bacteries(...) and then ZZAP.
    Options