The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Patch Notes 1.1.3 - Mac Items

Moonraker
Moonraker
✭✭✭✭
Patch Notes 1.1.3 just posted including Mac items;
Mac Client
General
Fixed an issue that was causing blurry textures.
Fixed an issue where switching between fullscreen mode and windowed mode was not working properly.
Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash once you logged into the game.
Bit of explanation needed I think.

Point 1. As we already discussed relating to changes made in Mac client probably were over aggressive and tuned back rather than new issue I think.

Point 2. Well switching mode works fine as before, it's the option for Fullscreen(Windowed) defaulting each time and not being able to set resolution which is actually being fixed, at least I hope. So it is not misleading in the way it currently shows a mode the Mac client doesn't support.

Point 3. This is directly related to the system language bug I think so once you get the update try it with your normal language for system and see if it's fixed. Should be. I don;t think it relates to anything else.

The overview could be misread I think:
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.1.3 features fixes to quests and blockers, in addition to skill line fixes and improvements. You will also see improved performance in Cyrodiil, and several fixed issues with the Mac client.
When they refer to Cyrodiil in notes;
Implemented some memory fixes which will improve performance (decrease latency) in Cyrodiil.
I'm not quite sure what they refer to to here. I don't think it's necessarily client side though I may be wrong but server side or at least more general changes but we will see. I actually don't think it means to be specific on the Mac client in that sentence but general memory improvement. Hopefully that will help Mac client also but not sure on this. Maybe some textures or effects have been optimised or fixed that impact memory in PvP.

Mixing up memory usage and latency, I am confused on what they are trying to say there. Makes little sense to me but hey ;)
Edited by Moonraker on June 2, 2014 3:25PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aweful quiet in this section. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign after latest patch ;)
    Any feedback from NA players would be interesting to hear how it is.
    Edited by Moonraker on June 3, 2014 12:49AM
  • tttopperub17_ESO
    Last week I upgraded to 32 GB ram on my 2010 Mac Pro quad core. Before with 6GB RAM I was crashing too often due to insufficient physical RAM to be able to see what was going on with ESO. Last evening I ran into the blurry textures thing. That was horrid, was worse than trying to play Arena on DOS Box.

I'm crashing less often, but still seeing a huge memory leak. I haven't been in game long enough to crash since the patch, but I will track it. I've taken to purging inactive RAM after quitting ESO. Mostly the inactive RAM seems to be in the memory File Cache. Will update after a longer playing session.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting the blurry textures.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ROMMELBOT wrote: »
    I'm still getting the blurry textures.
    Is that from North America updated version?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last week I upgraded to 32 GB ram on my 2010 Mac Pro quad core. Before with 6GB RAM I was crashing too often due to insufficient physical RAM to be able to see what was going on with ESO. Last evening I ran into the blurry textures thing. That was horrid, was worse than trying to play Arena on DOS Box.

I'm crashing less often, but still seeing a huge memory leak. I haven't been in game long enough to crash since the patch, but I will track it. I've taken to purging inactive RAM after quitting ESO. Mostly the inactive RAM seems to be in the memory File Cache. Will update after a longer playing session.
    Both clients are 32-bit and can only address up to 4GB of physical RAM so while so 8GB allows plenty of room for margin, more really wont make any difference with this issue.

Inactive Memory is efficient memory usage and how it supposed to be (not inactive really but ready to be used much faster by the same application) and normal. Free Memory is not working so inefficient. Free up memory in that way only slows it down unless perhaps you have minimum memory which you don't.

Hopefully this patch dies fix the blurry image as it noted it was intended.
  • tttopperub17_ESO
    Moonraker wrote: »

Both clients are 32-bit and can only address up to 4GB of physical RAM so while so 8GB allows plenty of room for margin, more really wont make any difference with this issue.

Inactive Memory is efficient memory usage and how it supposed to be (not inactive really but ready to be used much faster by the same application) and normal. Free Memory is not working so inefficient. Free up memory in that way only slows it down unless perhaps you have minimum memory which you don't.

Hopefully this patch dies fix the blurry image as it noted it was intended.

I crashed this evening after 3 + hours of play. Most of this was exploration, though there was a lot of logging mules in and out in banks in various cities. I did not get the blurry textures as I did before the patch.

I will probably go back to pre-emptively relaunching ESO at convenient times, ie: when I want to take a break. Then perhaps I won't crash in combat or in a group.
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    so when is 1.1.3 being deployed? patch notes promise improvement. looking forward to it
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crashed this evening after 3 + hours of play. Most of this was exploration, though there was a lot of logging mules in and out in banks in various cities. I did not get the blurry textures as I did before the patch.

I will probably go back to pre-emptively relaunching ESO at convenient times, ie: when I want to take a break. Then perhaps I won't crash in combat or in a group.
    Thanks for the feedback @tttopperub17_ESO.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Randay wrote: »
    so when is 1.1.3 being deployed? patch notes promise improvement. looking forward to it
    On the regular patch day. Currently that's early morning on Monday for NA and Tuesday for EU. So both should be updated now.
    Edited by Moonraker on June 3, 2014 11:21AM
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, blurry textures are gone here - back to just crashing now. Crashing seems to happen just as often as it did before - no improvement in duration of playtime before a crash. It seems like they just reverted whatever changes they made to make the blurry texture, and we're now back to how it was pre 1.1.2. I see no indication that any actual fix has been made, or progress towards a real fix.

I did say I preferred the crashing over the crap textures so I guess I got my wish. Now I wish the crashing to go away completely and just be able to play the game with good graphics and all that jazz, ya know, like a normal game (/crossfingers).
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, blurry textures are gone here - back to just crashing now. Crashing seems to happen just as often as it did before - no improvement in duration of playtime before a crash. It seems like they just reverted whatever changes they made to make the blurry texture, and we're now back to how it was pre 1.1.2. I see no indication that any actual fix has been made, or progress towards a real fix.

I did say I preferred the crashing over the crap textures so I guess I got my wish. Now I wish the crashing to go away completely and just be able to play the game with good graphics and all that jazz, ya know, like a normal game (/crossfingers).
    It's going to take time and there's not much anyone could do to change that. I just hope that we continue to see work and fixes go into upcoming patches that help to improve it further, especially for PvP.

In the 1.1.3 patch notes it did specifically state memory fixes for Cyrodiil but I haven't had proper time to test that to see if there is any difference.

Personally I prefer we have the texture quality back as I can cope with the PVE situation for now. PvP it's another matter though I don;t do it much I can see it is really a problem still for the Mac client.
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    Using my 2013 iMac, I can verified that blurry texture and/or the black area are gone with 1.1.3 patch (I was playing on Cyrodiil around an hour). However, it has ALOT more crashes than before. I rather have the blurry texture and the black screen... at least I can find a save place to re-log. Crashing during the battle in Cyrodiil just gets you kill every time you log back in, which is quite annoying.
  • beng
    beng
    ✭✭
    A lot of crashes in Cyrodiil for me too. About 6-7/hour. ZoCrashReporter only popped the first time, then apple crash reporter
    [reporter]

version = 0.01

[extra]

ProductName = eso

Version = eso.live.1.1.3.998958

char.alliance = 3

client.executablebits = 32

client.mode = inworld

client.renderertype = OPENGL

client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-06-04T21:16:27.074Z

client.time_since_load = 1136

client.timestamp = 2014-06-04T21:37:42.680Z -frme 27278-

client.uptime = 1275.5

cpu.count = 4

data.depotid = 4001

data.dir = /Users/beng/Jeux/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/game_mac/pubplayer

data.syncm = databuild

data.version = 0.win.0.live.998958

exe.buildnum = 998958

exe.opt = release

exe.reltype = public

exe.type = client

gfx.description = AMD Radeon HD 6750M OpenGL Engine

gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0

gfx.driver = 2.1 ATI-1.22.25

gfx.vendorid = 0

globby.address = 198.20.200.195

globby.port = 24506

loc.wloc = 43 580527 24819 279503 356.96

loc.world = Cyrodiil

loc.worldid = 43

loc.zone = Cyrodiil^F

login.address = 198.20.200.195

mem.current = 3115

mem.peak = 3115

mem.physical = 12288

os.platform = mac

os.version = 13D65

realm.depotid = 0

realm.id = 4001

realm.name = EU Megaserver

reportfield.ver = 3
    iMac mid 2011 - 2,5 Ghz Intel Core i5 - RAM 12Go - AMD Radeon HD6750M 512Mo - OS X 10.10.2
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting INTENSE LAG now with rain effects....AND I am still getting a memory leak/crash every four hours or so. I KNOW this has nothing to do with my graphics settings because this is the first time I have had intense graphical lag since beta...
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting INTENSE LAG now with rain effects....AND I am still getting a memory leak/crash every four hours or so. I KNOW this has nothing to do with my graphics settings because this is the first time I have had intense graphical lag since beta...
    Since beta there is noticeable performance hit from weather effects but then that is for both clients and expected, especially in lower end computers as it demands more from the graphics card when it rains to draw in all the additional data. But it is around 3-4 FPS drop maybe for me so not such a big difference.

I have seen no difference since the last patch myself. What is your system spec including graphics card, OS X version etc? Have you tried disabling Addons?
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Post-patch muddy textures have gone.
    Not sure why.
    But I can tell you one thing for sure...
    it's not your rig,
    because I am thoroughly enjoying the game w/ meager hardware!
    MacMini mid-2011 with 6GSSD & 8Gb ram
    Thunderbolt Display.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ROMMELBOT wrote: »
    Post-patch muddy textures have gone.
    Not sure why.
    But I can tell you one thing for sure...
    it's not your rig,
    because I am thoroughly enjoying the game w/ meager hardware!
    MacMini mid-2011 with 6GSSD & 8Gb ram
    Thunderbolt Display.
    They are gone because it was adjusted in the last patch specifically for that :)

Good to hear it running well even on the Mac Mini.