The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug with character delete, or restriction on deletions?

AngryNord
AngryNord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm the sort of person who can create a heap of characters before I find one I am happy with... I've noticed that it doesn't seem like I can delete the created characters though? I created one character, but mistakenly chose to start it as a 'standard' one (i.e. at level 1 in the Wailing Prison) but am unable to delete it - when i press 'E' to delete it vanished a split second, but then its back as before...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So guess it's a bug then...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey @AngryNord, we're looking into this now - you should be able to delete your character, so something definitely sounds off.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be sure: are you typing DELETE in all capital letters?
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    i'm having same problem, cant delete characters. I was able to delete one, but nothing since.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here, still not able to delete the miscreated characters.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to be sure: are you typing DELETE in all capital letters?

Yes
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /bug'ed it in-game, recommends anyone else with the same problem (such as @AshleyLee) to do the same
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    Seems a new bug, if you change races i.e. imperial the PTS is now for me at least only letting me make level 1 chars. Prior to this I had 2 level Vet 9 chars created. Tried deleting one and making a new one. As expected a level 1.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not allowed to create an Imperial character for craglorn here either, and you also seems bound to the Daggerfall Covenant? Doubt that's a bug though, but simply to cater for those that don't have the Imperial Edition or the preorder.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @AngryNord or @AshleyLee, can we get your UserID so we can check something on our end? (or anyone that's currently running into this)

Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Zury1001ub17_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can you please check my thread on the PTS discussion? i tried this morning (6AM CST) to login to the PTS server but couldn't because of the email code. well i've been waiting all morning and nothing yet. please help!
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can you please check my thread on the PTS discussion? i tried this morning (6AM CST) to login to the PTS server but couldn't because of the email code. well i've been waiting all morning and nothing yet. please help!

Open at ticket from the support web page
    Not that they have managed to fix it for me yet. I can access both of the live servers with out a problem but the PTS is playing enter the code we emailed you game I have tried many times over the last 2 days waiting 10 min between the attempts and quiting out of the log in and the launcher each time (things I was told to try found in old threads on the topic) and have yet to get the needed email
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno username sent in PM
    Edited by AngryNord on June 5, 2014 4:50PM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weird... Logged on the PTS just now, was able to delete one of the unwanted characters - but then the same bug appears again with the others... Almost makes me believe some sort of timer is in effect anyway??
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shot in the dark here but is it possible (playing off angrynords last post) that security group is making it harder to create and delete characters due to botters?
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Looks like we've identified what the issue is here and the team is working on fixing it. Sorry for the confusion!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we've identified what the issue is here and the team is working on fixing it. Sorry for the confusion!

@ashleylee is my username do u need anything else?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STILL BUGGED!!! After this morning's "fix" I was able to delete the first unwanted character, but then the same bug appears, AGAIN! Bah, why did I bother resubbing???
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest i don't think they fixed it yet, they are working on fixing it. But i can understand the frustration. Guess you can delete one every time they brought the server down or something like that.