Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield Charge Morph

icanhazfacemelt
Two part question:

a. When do I get to morph shield charge? It's already at level 4 but no morph option yet.

b. Shielded assault vs invasion? Thoughts?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. When level 4 bar fills up and you have a free skill point.

2. I took Invasion for better control. It's always nice to take someone out of the fight for a bit longer. AFAIK damage shields don't take into account your mitigation, so I didn't feel Shielded Assault gave a big enough shield to be worth it.
    Options
  • Dreepa
    Dreepa
    ✭✭✭
    I took invasion but I feel like it was the wrong choice for PvP.

The stun gain is minimal and in PvP I want any dmg mitigation I can get.

Since this thread is a bit older, what did you take and what was your experience so far?

Edited by Dreepa on May 3, 2014 2:31PM
    Options
  • Criselli
    Criselli
    I personally went with Shielded Assault as a DK Tank build and that small shield is great for dungeons to soak some of the initial "alpha strike" of the mobs while the healer gets his/her act together.
    -Criselli
    I have honestly thought about our dilemna. I have a solution that works out well for one of the both of us. - GlaDOS.
    Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 66.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 20.00%
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with Invasion, but I do find the stun gain minimal. However, I use Invasion primarily to rush across the battlefield to the aid of my allies, so additional stun gives them an opportunity to renew the assault.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Invasion. Shielded Assault shield pops the moment someone looks at you the wrong way, since the value is very small, it doesn't work with blocks and armour\SR mitigation. It's quite literally inconsequential.

Now then, if it offered a 4-sec 10-15% flat damage reduction, I might very well consider taking it.
    Edited by Still_Mind on June 3, 2014 7:59AM
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    I took invasion. One of my favorite attacks.
    Options
  • Anrai_Indoril
    Anrai_Indoril
    Soul Shriven
    This post has settled my mind about this as well, invasion it is.
    Options