The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unplayable ESO

Hoamaii
Hoamaii
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I post this here in the hope that some other player may offer some solutions to the bugs I've been having since the support line seems hopeless.

Ever since the last patch, all the spectral NPCs and ghosts have become completely invisible in my game - that includes my PCs when using Dragon Blood or Draining Shot skills for instance.

Basically, all semi-transparent textures are gone - collision still works though as I realize when these invisible NPCs block my way in or out, or when several of them come to kick my *** out of nowhere. This makes some quests completely unplayable, not to mention bosses!..

I've considered reinstalling of course but I doubt this is worth the trouble since the patch caused this, not the install. If I was in Skyrim, I'd check my nifs, textures and texture paths, but in ESO I have no idea how to fix .dat files.

Any of you can please help me, I'd appreciate that very much. Many thanks in advance and sorry for the awkward English - not my native language.

Cheers to all!
"You can learn more about someone in an hour of gaming than in a whole year of conversation" - Plato
  • KerisDoin
    KerisDoin
    That looks like just missing/bugged textures or models in your client files, maybe something went wrong when installing the patch, so reinstalling or repairing your client should fix it.
    Edited by KerisDoin on May 31, 2014 12:45PM
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Read the 1.1.3 patch notes.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a bug. For a quick fix check your usersettings.txt file and see if you are running D3D9. If so change that to D3D11. There is a fix coming out and hopefully it WILL work for those of us with NVIDIA cards that are being forced to run at DX9 instead of 11 because of the black screen. I've played since 1.1.2 without seeing ghosts/projections because I can't run DX11 with the NVIDIA bug, hence the patch on 6/2. :)

This is what you need to change to see the ghosts/projections:
    "SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D9"" to "SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11"
    Edited by Seravi on May 31, 2014 1:04PM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Hoamaii. As others have mentioned in this thread, we've identified the issue and will be pushing a fix in an upcoming patch. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Hoamaii
    Hoamaii
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for your help :)

@ Seravi: thanks for the tip, really appreciate it, I'll try changing my settings tomorrow - yeah I do have an nVidia card too.

@ Zos_Tristank: it'd be great to advise those of us who've had this bug to change back their settings once the patch is out, don't you think?
    "You can learn more about someone in an hour of gaming than in a whole year of conversation" - Plato