The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unorthodox mixtures of Healer, DPS, and tank?

claudius_Dark
Some people have said (I think, lol) that the traditional roles are not so set in ESO

Has anyone tried say 4 DPS? Or something like that that deviates from 1 healer 2 dps 3 tank 4 any...

I have only played one group dungeon so far. But just curious.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, 4 dps works fine in regular and vet dungeons.
    Craglorn I'm not sure. Haven't tried.
    Edited by anakaki on June 1, 2014 11:40AM
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have been in groups where you have 2 support type dps and 2 dps and it works. Again due to the mechanics and how aggro is generated in this game it seems actually the normal tank / taunt hold aggro system does not really apply in this game.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any nightblade you bring along is going to be pulling aggro just because well nightblade seems to aggro the mobs.
  • Gern_Verkheart
    Gern_Verkheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    It works for most encounters in dungeons, but some, like the first boss in Direfrost keep, just put out too much damage to be able to do without a dedicated healer.
  • BGK
    BGK
    Soul Shriven
    I did many dungeons with 3 DPS and 1 healer. Works good as long as everyone brings some CC.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    subecsanur wrote: »
    Yes, I have been in groups where you have 2 support type dps and 2 dps and it works. Again due to the mechanics and how aggro is generated in this game it seems actually the normal tank / taunt hold aggro system does not really apply in this game.

It works perfectly fine. Bosses have tauntable attacks and random attacks.

A tank, if keeping his taunt up, will be targeted by all tauntable attacks.

Some very few bosses have so many random attacks that it seems the tank is not holding aggro though.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    Any nightblade you bring along is going to be pulling aggro just because well nightblade seems to aggro the mobs.

Considering that many of our attacks are heals we do get a lot of agro. I still like my Inner Fire taunt to keep the bosses on me and off the healer Templar.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)