The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Too many premade categories in character creation. Please weigh in.

sommazzatoreb14_ESO
I love this game. I really do. They did an excellent job, and people complain too much about too many thing that aren't real issues, but I believe a solution to quite a few problems is this.
Make this game less restrictive. It will put it hand over fist out in front of the competition.

I know you're all thinking "Any class any race, played any way. How is that restrictive?"

1.) I think this game would be so much better if it went classical Elder Scrolls style and allowed us to select any three class skill lines that we wanted. There would be no theory crafted super build that you would get from every being able to use ALL class lines, you would get many unique builds with many unique races and weapons due to there being 3 of the 12 different class style selections you can choose from. The premade selections on this game are just too limiting. I for one get tired of seeing the same classes over and over again. In pvp, you'll see that anyone that is successful plays each class one way and one way only. Thats not the Elder Scrolls way.

2.) They shoulda made each race have ONE unique passive and then allowed each of us to choose 2 selectable passives (selectable is not actually a word by the way). Adding to the genuine uniqueness of each and every character and their play style.

Right now you are just silly to play a Bosmer Sorcerer, ect ect. Silly or really loyal to the Bosmer race. This game would have so much replay value if you could do a lot of very different things. Right now there are only so many class/race builds that work, and they are not enough.
EP
Khale Justice - V14 Breton Templar (Rank 17)
Sommozzatore - V14 Imperial Nightblade (Rank 16)
Sommazzatore - 46 Wood Elf Sorc (Rank 6)
Nazeem Ula'q - 35 Dark Elf DK (Rank 3)
100 CPS
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "There would be no theory crafted super build that you would get from every being able to use ALL class lines"

i have a bridge to sell you
    Options
  • sommazzatoreb14_ESO
    I meant that there would be multiple ones, not only one. Clearly stated that... but ok.
    EP
    Khale Justice - V14 Breton Templar (Rank 17)
    Sommozzatore - V14 Imperial Nightblade (Rank 16)
    Sommazzatore - 46 Wood Elf Sorc (Rank 6)
    Nazeem Ula'q - 35 Dark Elf DK (Rank 3)
    100 CPS
    Options