Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

I don't want to group anymore because of my build, need some advice plz !

Nightgard
Nightgard
✭✭
Hi,

So, I built a NB DW and maxed almost everything, medium armor, DW, assassination, siphoning.
But wasn't able to find groups as a DD, so I decided to build a resto staff / light armor healer (easier to find a group).

Now, I've got bar 1 with : Killer's Blade, Ambush, Blinding Fury, Blood Craze, Whirling Blades.
And bar 2 for heals with resto staff and siphoning skills.
And Soul Tether for ultimate.

So , to survive in vet areas it's just great, I can go from 20% Hp to 100% in like 3 seconds.
I do love my NB for solo content.

The problem is with veteran dungeons. I don't have enough skills to heal vet dungeons, so I tried again to find groups as a DD. And I did, but :

First ,

I feel like melee DDs are almost impossible to play in vet dungeons.

For example : Banished cells > keeper Imiril : you need to Dps adds (who are doing AoEs) with already several AoEs all around their spawn point, and if you're not quick enough the boss respawns and cast a huuuge AoE that even my dodge (hello stamina eater) can't avoid ... meanwhile the guy with a bow is standing far away from all that shi...stuff, peacefully dps-ing.

It's the same for every MMO , I know, but ESo is hard... like... TSW hard !
So, I just feel that you can't play a melee DD in ESo vet dungeons. Or am I wrong ?

Second,

I don't seem to do any Dps at all... Whirling blades is total crap , you have to consume all your stamina to kill a simple banekin pack. (Even with the power boost from Sap Essence)
Meanwhile the mage near you is just two shooting them with his destr staff. So I guess I NEED to lvl a destr staff, right ? (play as you want they said)

And to burst one target I have... Blinding Fury, and that's it. (Plus, I'm not sure, but I think the +30% damage bonus from Ambush is only for the first strike of Blinding Fury making this combo useless.)
I also have Killer's Blade, sure, but only when the target is down to 24% ...

So I can't do effective AoEs, and I can't really burst one target.

What should I do ? just give up DW for vet dungeon and make a destr staff/bow build ?!

thank you

Edited by Nightgard on May 26, 2014 5:14PM
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightgard wrote: »
    Hi,

So, I built a NB DW and maxed almost everything, medium armor, DW, assassination, siphoning.

But I wanted to find groups so I decided to build a resto staff / light armor healer (easier to find a group).

So now, I've got bar 1 with : Killer's Blade, Ambush, Blinding Fury, Blood Craze, Whirling Blades.
    And bar 2 for heals with resto staff and siphoning skills.
    And Soul Tether for ultimate.

So , to survive in vet areas it's just great, I can go from 20% Hp to 100% in like 3 seconds.

problem is in veteran dungeons.

First ,

I feel like melee DDs are almost impossible to play in vet dungeons.
    Banished cells > keeper Imiril : you need to Dps adds (who are doing AoEs) with already several AoEs all around their spawn point, and if you're not quick enough the boss respawns and cast a huuuge AoE that even my dodge (hello stamina eater) can't avoid ... meanwhile the guy with a bow is standing far away from all that stuff , dps-ing.

It's the same for every MMO , I know, but ESo is hard... like... TSW hard !
    So, I just feel that you can't play a melee DD in ESo vet dungeons. True ?

Second,

I don't seem to do any Dps at all... Whirling blades is total crap , you have to consume all your stamina to kill a simple banekin pack. Even with the power bonus from Sap Essence...
    When the mage near you is just two shooting them with his destr staff. So I guess I NEED to lvl a destr staff.(play as you want they said)

And to burst one target I've got... Blinding Fury and that's it. (Plus, I'm not sure, but I think the +30% damage bonus from Ambush is only for the first strike of Blinding Fury making this combo useless.)
    Killer's Blade sure but only when the target is down to 24% ...

So I can't do effective AoEs, and I can't really burst one target.

What should I do ? just give up DW for vet dungeon and make a destr staff/bow build ?!

thank you

WOW your post is incredibly confusing and hard to read.

So I noticed you stated you wanted to play as a healer. Your gear change isn't really a big issue if your wearing Medium Armor for your DPS/Solo build I don't really see any reason to change it for healing.

That being you want to make sure for your healing build you have a Restro Staff equipped as it will allow a 10% mana gain at the end of a Heavy Attack with Restro Staff.

Your DPS issue I cant comment on but I can say don't worry TOO much about overall #s. If you can kill something GOOD.

That being said a good idea is to use a DPS build you can group with and solo with so a few things are required on a DPS/Solo build.

1. AOE skill - This will help when mobs bunch up you can hurt a few at the same time.

2. CC skill - This is probably one of the most important things to add to your build. "Stunning" mobs or preventing them from hurting you or others is VERY important SOLOing and in dungeons.

3. Survivability - Yes you have a healer in the group but a healer CANT do it all on his/her own. This USSUALY comes in the form of a self heal but im sure with a little imagination you can come up with something useful to you or you+your group.

This leaves 2 slots on your hotbar open to what you feel you need to kill and help your group/self.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »

So I noticed you stated you wanted to play as a healer. Your gear change isn't really a big issue if your wearing Medium Armor for your DPS/Solo build I don't really see any reason to change it for healing.

That being you want to make sure for your healing build you have a Restro Staff equipped as it will allow a 10% mana gain at the end of a Heavy Attack with Restro Staff.

Your DPS issue I cant comment on but I can say don't worry TOO much about overall #s. If you can kill something GOOD.

That being said a good idea is to use a DPS build you can group with and solo with so a few things are required on a DPS/Solo build.

1. AOE skill - This will help when mobs bunch up you can hurt a few at the same time.

2. CC skill - This is probably one of the most important things to add to your build. "Stunning" mobs or preventing them from hurting you or others is VERY important SOLOing and in dungeons.

3. Survivability - Yes you have a healer in the group but a healer CANT do it all on his/her own. This USSUALY comes in the form of a self heal but im sure with a little imagination you can come up with something useful to you or you+your group.

This leaves 2 slots on your hotbar open to what you feel you need to kill and help your group/self.

yeah it's late and obviously I'm not english so sorry for that .

I'll edit my post but no I don't really want to heal, I want to be an effective DD. I leveled resto staff just to group for the last 10 lvl. I don't have enough skills to heal vet dungeons.

and thanks for your answer.
    Edited by Nightgard on May 26, 2014 6:23AM
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightgard wrote: »
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »

yeah it's late and obviously I'm not english so sorry for that .

I'll edit my post but no I don't really want to heal, I want to be an effective DD. I leveled resto staff just to group for the last 10 lvl. I don't have enough skills to heal vet dungeons.

I recommend learning to heal or tank for your second hotbar as it become a VERY good tool in groups. Quickly getting groups is nice as well. Being ONLY DPS occurs the wrath of waiting for somebody else willing to fill the role and as both roles are less desirable you can at least battle half the problem.

If im a Tank im gonna look for a group with a Healer already in it as Im a highly desired group member. Same goes for a Healer.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm already healing, in pvp.
    But I don't have any passive yet, I still need lots of skill points for my craft.

I just want to be an effective DD as soon as possible to be able to enjoy vet dungeons before I hit rank 10 :disappointed:
    Because I am sure I can't be an effective healer before some time. (lack of skill pts to lvl it)
    Edited by Nightgard on May 26, 2014 5:17PM
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a class-skill based spec, with a little weapon flavor based on what your skills are.

Make a light armor set that matches your playstyle

Get a damage monitoring add-on like FTC so you can test out different skills and flavors of abilities.

Healers and tanks are important, but good dps is equally important for successful delve runs.