Dragon Knight Dual Wield a bit broken need too be fix

charley222
charley222
✭✭✭✭
Charge is a core skill for the Dragon Knight
Dragon Knight Two-Handed have (critical charge
Dragon Knight One-Handed and Shield have ( Shield Charge
Dragon Knight Dual Wield have any charge skill ??? why
also my Dual Wield best skill is Flurry but the skill freeze my action bar (ui) and have any other choice to press map key (m) too unlock my action bar , i hope this glitch will be fix one day thank you :)
the wall of the covenant
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have Fiery Grip instead of charge, it's even better.
    Options
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »

Crit Charge is better then FG, but yeah, he does have a distance closer built into his class already.

Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes great skill to play safe and pull someone
    but i`m a bit more ORC BERSERKER style :) i love so much charging the battle front line make the most damage possible and die ,but now i have any opener skill for charging the front line and make aoe , the nightblade have teleport strike for opener :(
    the thief can leap and have opener and dk shield , dk 2 hand have opener skill but not the dk Dual Wield

btw sry for my broken english
    Edited by charley222 on May 11, 2014 11:48PM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say this is the exact idea I am running on my main. The biggest problem wih his build is it seems difficult to manage untill higher levels. Anyway, there is no real initiate for this build because it ends fights inatead of starting them. You will notice the dual weild line focuses mostly on damaging "affected targets" or "targets below X health". You will want to acess the DK lines for armor/spell res/health/AoE and its nasty CC. Use the DW to regen your expenditures to keep going. Basically use DK to lock down and survive while using DW to eliminate.
    My current chaim is usually as follows; initiate with either Reflective scales/Spiked Armor, hit molten armaments, walk into mob of up to 6 enemies, Choking Talons, Whirlwind (the morph with stamina regen), flurry strike, whirlwind, ultimate if necessary (preferably the standard but magma armor actually works really well here) + Coagulating Blood. I have found that the more passives you have in all applicable skill lines the easier these fights will go. Again, this build seems best at surviving and ending fights. Hope that was helpful and if anyone feels I am doing it wrong please say so, I hate waisting time lol.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Options
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think Dual Wield should have a charge. I haven't read anything here that changes my mind. Skills should be different, have variety, etc.
    Also I was scanning this forum's Code of Conduct, and I couldn't find anything about forbidding DK's from complaining about anything. This appears to be an obvious oversight and I'm sure it will be rectified soon.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    i still dont understant why 1 hand weapon and shield or 2 hand weapon are able too change but the Dual Wield are not wise enough to charge (give me 2 axe you will see lol )anyway is my first mmo i`m playing a warrior is not able too charge because is using Dual Wield weapon, for me the Dual Wield tree are build a bit to much arond the nightblade ,maybe that why you got this issue thank you
    Edited by charley222 on May 13, 2014 7:15AM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »
    i still dont understant why 1 hand weapon and shield or 2 hand weapon are able too change but the Dual Wield are not wise enough to charge (give me 2 axe you will see lol )anyway is my first mmo i`m playing a warrior is not able too charge because is using Dual Wield weapon, for me the Dual Wield tree are build a bit to much arond the nightblade ,maybe that why you got this issue thank you

If you think that DK is weak with dual wield try actually playing it with the NB for a while and come back and tell us what you think.

Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Charge is a core skill for the Dragon Knight
    Dragon Knight Two-Handed have (critical charge
    Dragon Knight One-Handed and Shield have ( Shield Charge
    Dragon Knight Dual Wield have any charge skill ??? why
    also my Dual Wield best skill is Flurry but the skill freeze my action bar (ui) and have any other choice to press map key (m) too unlock my action bar , i hope this glitch will be fix one day thank you :)

You have charge built into your class already. Why do you NEED one in the DW tree so badly?
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the Dragon Leap ult? Chains maybe? Please clarify.
    PC NA
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Options
  • jepatznerub17_ESO
    Which skill would you replace in the dual wield tree to get a charge? I have a feeling that, no matter which skill you choose, you will have players that really like how that skill works with their build already.

Edit: You could spend one point in 2h or SnB to get the charge (2h has a lower skill requirement), set up your second bar with your utility spells, then use it to buff up and charge, then swap back to your dual wield when you're in close.
    Edited by jepatznerub17_ESO on May 14, 2014 3:54PM
    Options
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which skill would you replace in the dual wield tree to get a charge? I have a feeling that, no matter which skill you choose, you will have players that really like how that skill works with their build already.

Edit: You could spend one point in 2h or SnB to get the charge (2h has a lower skill requirement), set up your second bar with your utility spells, then use it to buff up and charge, then swap back to your dual wield when you're in close.

That would leave him without any ranged weapon, which is not worth giving up for a charge.
    PC NA
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dk doesnt have a ranged weapon. Thats what silver bolts is for.
    Options
  • jepatznerub17_ESO

That would leave him without any ranged weapon, which is not worth giving up for a charge.

I only suggested it because the OP stated that he wasn't really interested in ranged fighting and wants to get into the middle of crap as quickly as possible.
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭

I only suggested it because the OP stated that he wasn't really interested in ranged fighting and wants to get into the middle of crap as quickly as possible.

your 100% right :) i dont think my dk dw orc beserker is really interested in ranged fighting
    my style is too charge the front line make the most damage possible and die :)
    but no charge :( 2hand and 1 hand +shield are able too charge but
    Dual Wield dont :( for me is just very weird , maybe my 2 axe are too heavy :(
    btw to answer you jepatznerub for me that suck to swap weapon for charge because
    1 - everone know how the game lag in rvr raid and the swap fail and after you look so lame how you die lol
    2- the 2 other style of dk 1hand and 2 hand dont have this disadvantage
    3- the night blade( the thief class have teleport strike )and dont have too swap nothing too use is opener

dw 2 hard have 1 opener Critical Charge
    dk shield have 1 opener Shield Charge
    the nb (thief ) have 1 opener Teleport Strike
    dk dw maybe too dump too learn how too use is weapon any opener and no mobility on the battle field :( you have no choice too run too the battle front line and burn 1/2 of your stamina and take damage because the lack of mobility because running is slow vs charge :( big fail for the dk dw
    Edited by charley222 on May 15, 2014 12:41AM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • thywolfb16_ESO2
    Reflective scales and sparks anyone?
    Options
  • Aphilas
    Aphilas
    DW doesn't really fit DK unless it's AoE build with steel tornado as a finisher or AoE avoidance build with ember explosion coupled with ash cloud. Both of these builds are kinda meh compared to DK destro staff AoE builds or silly shield block + banner+tallons AoE builds.

DW + DK for single target or small group is mostly *** due to both DK and DW lacking any sort of decent single target DPS skills. DWs Flurry is decent at low levels however as you level up you will find that you are better off with autoattacks than flurry - they will do more DPS and will keep you in better mobility. Meanwhile, the "op" DK like half the forums likes to whine have a wooping 2 dps skills total in 3 trees - a dot Siering strike and it's morphs and decent burst Lava whip (decent only if target is stunned/rooted and morphed into flame lash). Both of those suffer greatly from very easy to aquire and popular soft capped spell resistance + fire resistance. The remaining 13 skills in DK trees is either support, CC or AoE.

If you want single target with your DK, go 2h with stampede/stone giant + lava whip combos and reverse slash executes or 1h+shield with invasion+armor pierce+lava whip combo. So far I've burned around 100k gold on respecs and those two are kinda only viable choises for single target nuking as long as target is not CC imune.
    Alternatively, you can become 1 button monkey like half of the games DKs with shield bash idiocy.
    Edited by Aphilas on May 15, 2014 2:12PM
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual Wield has a ranged attack w/ a long-lasting 40% snare. It doesn't need a "charge".

Also, like others have said, DK has a grip already.

If you really want to charge, then use Sword+Shield or a Two Hander. Not every single weapon needs to have the exact same abilities.
    Options
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    I'm playing this combo as well, and while the lack of charge is annoying sometimes around others that have it, you can always slot in fiery grip or use a ranged attack like I usually do instead. The best part is, once you are in range, nothing survives very long. You can slay entire groups of mobs in a cyclone of flaming death if built correctly.

As for dual wield, I do not believe it needs a charge like the others, but maybe something like increasing run speed for a short time added to sparks or some such.

Edit: Not blur, sparks. Playing too much NB lately.
    Edited by disexistencenub19_ESO on May 16, 2014 5:16AM
    Options
  • kelebra
    kelebra
    ✭✭
    Dks have their pull which is way better than a charge as it allows you to bring the enemy to you and your group instead of taking you to your enemy and his group. Get a coordinated assist train with the dk as the target caller and you can systematically wreck the other group.
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    kelebra wrote: »
    Dks have their pull which is way better than a charge as it allows you to bring the enemy to you and your group instead of taking you to your enemy and his group. Get a coordinated assist train with the dk as the target caller and you can systematically wreck the other group.

not realy
    in theory 1 vs 1 yes
    but the reality Realm versus Realm you get charge and get knock down and die :( theory and reality are far too be the same anyway why the 2 other dk have charge and not dw because dw tree is build too much for nb , dk dw have any opener and are very powerless that why amost anyone play dk dw :( that suck because is a nice berserker build , btw my play style is the front line of the train (dk), i dont like playing *** and assit is not my class and play style

Edited by charley222 on May 21, 2014 11:26AM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well, every army needs cannon fodder.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reflective scales and sparks anyone?

reflective scales is so broken in PVE its not even funny. It reflects nothing. Casters with destro staff shooting at you it wont reflect thoughif they have no staff it will reflect a melee hit. it pretty friggin broken and useless for PVe. cant say anything about PVP.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aphilas wrote: »
    DW + DK for single target or small group is mostly *** due to both DK and DW lacking any sort of decent single target DPS skills. DWs Flurry is decent at low levels however as you level up you will find that you are better off with autoattacks than flurry - they will do more DPS and will keep you in better mobility. Meanwhile, the "op" DK like half the forums likes to whine have a wooping 2 dps skills total in 3 trees - a dot Siering strike and it's morphs and decent burst Lava whip (decent only if target is stunned/rooted and morphed into flame lash). Both of those suffer greatly from very easy to aquire and popular soft capped spell resistance + fire resistance. The remaining 13 skills in DK trees is either support, CC or AoE.

Searing Strike and Lava Whip is BAD ASS single target. You're crazy for thinking DK lacks single target, in fact they are the best. Sorc relies on a 1.3 second cast for our single target and hoping on a 1/3 chance to proc instant. Do not underestimate being able to Searing Strike and Lava Whip while hiding behind your shield.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Aphilas
    Aphilas
    but the reality Realm versus Realm you get charge and get knock down and die :( theory and reality are far too be the same anyway why the 2 other dk have charge and not dw because dw tree is build too much for nb , dk dw have any opener and are very powerless that why amost anyone play dk dw :( that suck because is a nice berserker build , btw my play style is the front line of the train (dk), i dont like playing *** and assit is not my class and play style

There's a nice synergy between Talons, Flames of Oblivion, Banner and Steel Tornado. It's not fight opener build though, but very effective fight ender. Put Maneuvers + green dragon (because inhale got *** on) on that bar and you end up with very potent fight finisher.
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Searing Strike and Lava Whip is BAD ASS single target. You're crazy for thinking DK lacks single target, in fact they are the best. Sorc relies on a 1.3 second cast for our single target and hoping on a 1/3 chance to proc instant. Do not underestimate being able to Searing Strike and Lava Whip while hiding behind your shield.
    They have very good paper value, yes. As well as good value on slaughtering lowbies/bad gear choises. Come back and tell me when you face someone adequatly geared with 1.8k spell resistance and 1.3k fire resistance who knows how to block your charge.

I don't wear a shield btw. Too many monkeys around with that already. Also Sorcs that rely purely on mana dps are funny ones. Shield bash sorcs or bow sorcs who dictate fights by using mana for engagement/disengagement are far more interesting foes. Kinda funny when you take into consideration that Sorcerer has the best stamina management (weapon abilities) in the game.
    Edited by Aphilas on May 22, 2014 5:56PM
    Options
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Why not ask the tank in your group that has to deal with the agro loss after you've literally pulled the mob off him if it's better?
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Why not ask the tank in your group that has to deal with the agro loss after you've literally pulled the mob off him if it's better?

try asking the healer if he's happy that you literally pulled the mob off him.

need a charge.swap to 2hander or sheild or dragonleap.
    Edited by Jeremy_gelber_ESO on May 25, 2014 11:19AM
    Options