Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

alt-tab after 1.1.2.990524

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
before the horrible and unnecessary update 1.1.2.990524 i was able to play with high video settings, now, after a lot of time testing this hideous version that i was forced to install i found out that i can play in low video specs almost as i played on high except it looks awful.

now, i was trying to play in the same way i was used to and i found out that zenimax also killed the chance to use alt-tab and run the game in background. did they really ruined it too or is there any way to continue running the game on background using the full screen after opening a window above it?
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game actually runs better for me, I read they added SLI support or something liek that and Full Screen Exclusive mode. That said, my alt tab takes like a second, and not instant anymore, but game runs a tiny bit better. Also, after I alt tab or change graphic settings, the game starts stuttering but my FPS is stil 40ish, but a /reloadui solves it.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, i can't have sli because i play in a gamer laptop, not a desktop. that's nice to know that it will be good for some. i'll probably leave at the end of this month because i don't plan to buy a new pc only to play eso when it's still good for all the other games i play. it would have been really nice if they let those who didn't had any problem with the last version, i never wanted or needed this update i i was forced to get it :\
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also play on a laptop although this is the first time I have an nvidia card. Anyway, did you try reinstalling driver, just in case?
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just set it to full screen windowed and it should be back to how it was. No game that allows True full screen, allows tabbing to desktop with out minimising the game.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »
    I also play on a laptop although this is the first time I have an nvidia card. Anyway, did you try reinstalling driver, just in case?

no. why would i? all my other games are running as they were, the only one that changed the behavior was ESO right after the 1.1.2.990524 unwanted update, so, it's really hard to believe that the problem is at my end.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

no. why would i? all my other games are running as they were, the only one that changed the behavior was ESO right after the 1.1.2.990524 unwanted update, so, it's really hard to believe that the problem is at my end.

I don't know, just the usual stuff that is often recommended! But this doesn't seem like a mass problem either.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, just the usual stuff that is often recommended! But this doesn't seem like a mass problem either.

no, it's not. as far as i could understand, reading around the forum they mostly killed the game only for laptop players. anyway, i didn't enjoyed the fact that they changed the minimum specs needed to play the game in less than 3 months. i'm not going to buy another pc for sure.

• Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, it's not. as far as i could understand, reading around the forum they mostly killed the game only for laptop players. anyway, i didn't enjoyed the fact that they changed the minimum specs needed to play the game in less than 3 months. i'm not going to buy another pc for sure.

Well, I am a laptop player, as I've already mentioned, and the game doesn't run any worse than in beta, quite the contrary, I gained 5-10 fps.
  • spidertech
    before the horrible and unnecessary update 1.1.2.990524 i was able to play with high video settings, now, after a lot of time testing this hideous version that i was forced to install i found out that i can play in low video specs almost as i played on high except it looks awful.

now, i was trying to play in the same way i was used to and i found out that zenimax also killed the chance to use alt-tab and run the game in background. did they really ruined it too or is there any way to continue running the game on background using the full screen after opening a window above it?
    I was hoping I wasn't the only person that noticed and was bothered by this. I have two monitors and normally have chrome up on my second screen while playing. I would go into free mouse mode in game and could just move over to chrome to look up stuff. That was nice since the game was still up I could quickly go back to it if I needed to get back into the game right away.
  • Enigmatix
    Enigmatix
    thats just true fullscreen...
    turn it back to windowed fullscreen and fixed
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Windowed Fullscreen is an option in your Graphics setting in the game. This will revert to the previous way of running the game.

I'm also a laptop user, and I've seen a performance improvement with the new True Fullscreen, allowing me to run at much higher settings for a better looking game.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was trying to play in the same way i was used to and i found out that zenimax also killed the chance to use alt-tab and run the game in background. did they really ruined it too or is there any way to continue running the game on background using the full screen after opening a window above it?

You can change back to Full Screen Windowed in the game settings. While true full screen runs better than it did pre-patch, switching back to Windowed redlines my system at 15 fps, regardless of what's going on in the game.

Prior to the patch, I would get 35-60+ fps.

It's great that they optimized dedicated full screen...not sure why they changed the render for windowed... What was it going to do, make the download bigger??
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno but my FPS went up 10-15 depending on the situation. if you laptop can't handle true full screen just select maximised, it's the same as before the patch