The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Nightblade build or me?

jelliedsoup
jelliedsoup
✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone explain to me if I'm bad at the game or my build is bad? Could be a combination?

Here's my build:
Bow//Venom arrow/Cripple/Shadow/Snipe/Mark/Incapac (Ult)
2H//Teleport Strike/Surprise attack/Shadow/Assassin Blade/Momentum/Incapac(ult)

The bow set does ok in groups.

The 2 hand skill set, or my use of it is terrible. I use medium armour.

I'm VR2, sneaked on a level 18 last night, surprise, heavy attack, shadow, heavy attack, assassin blade. He was nearly down to half his HP. He then healed and was up to near full. WTF? Then some level 10s came along and a few hits and I was dead.

Are Nightblades 'broken'? Help needed please, or I might just stick to PvE.
Edited by jelliedsoup on May 22, 2014 10:44PM
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4

Best Answer

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people will be able to out-heal a NB's damage in Cyrodiil. It's just one of those sad facts of life you'll need to learn to tolerate until the mystical patch 1.2 arrives.
    Answer ✓
  • LordNoah1234
    LordNoah1234
    Soul Shriven
    They have some bugs and such so they may be affecting you but perhaps there were other enemy players that you didnt see that killed you. I, a fellow night blade, am not sure how to help as I am still somewhat learning my class. I recommend looking for builds or whats wrong with your build on Tamriel foundry. Best of luck to you.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades have a lot of issues right now which may be contributing, but in a PvP scenario, your build is less important than how well you play it.

Hard to say if it's your build or if it's you without seeing you play it.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried a few builds for my NB now, and none seem to work. In 1v1 I will always lose, unless the opponent is much lower in level.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on May 22, 2014 11:27PM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneaking on a level 14 undetected, with surprise attack dishes out 400 damage. Crazy rewards for sneaking. :'(

The PvP part of this game ain't for NBs in general. I'm sure some make it work for them, I'm not good enough to.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played pvp today, first time since beta almost.

I am vr3 nb

Went out skyshard hunting. I managed to get 20 kills from dueling only.

Beat a sorc vr10 I attacked from stealth ofc :)

Beat 2 templars vr2 and 4 at the same time, though I let them exhaust most of their stamina and magicka on some mobs first :p

Got bested some times, but I do not think nb is underpowered from what I have seen.
    Edited by Yakidafi on May 23, 2014 1:36AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA