The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Bother Crafting Legendary VR10 Equipment?

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why bother going out of your way to craft a full set of legendary VR10 gear when VR12 is right around the corner? Why bother crafting legendary VR12 gear when VR15 could be there before you’re even halfway done? Even if VR12 gear is only marginally better than VR10 gear, that’s still enough to question the endeavor in the first place.

Welcome to typical MMO gear progression, you must be new here.

Be prepared to get used to future vendor trash having better stats than your current hard earned highest tiered gear especially after large content updates and expansions.
    I've been playing MMOs for over a decade. The industry standard is to release higher tier, same-level content at a pace of a few months at a time, which actually gives player some time to collect gear and feel like they're progressing their characters.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭

Why bother going out of your way to craft a full set of legendary VR10 gear when VR12 is right around the corner? Why bother crafting legendary VR12 gear when VR15 could be there before you’re even halfway done? Even if VR12 gear is only marginally better than VR10 gear, that’s still enough to question the endeavor in the first place.

Be prepared to get used to future vendor trash having better stats than your current hard earned highest tiered gear especially after large content updates and expansions.

Let's keep doing dumb things because they were done in the past.

I've been playing MMOs for over a decade. The industry standard is to release higher tier, same-level content at a pace of a few months at a time, which actually gives player some time to collect gear and feel like they're progressing their characters.

This too!

Upping the level cap a YEAR after release: normal for MMOs.

Upping the level cap less than TWO MONTHS after release: not normal.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 16, 2014 3:05AM
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

This too!

Upping the level cap a YEAR after release: normal for MMOs.

Upping the level cap less than TWO MONTHS after release: not normal.

I get your point but VR's are not technically levels, while they might work pretty much the the same they are just an endgame progression rank on top of the level cap... something to progress through on top of the usual gear grind. Difference is when a new expansion comes what VR you reach won't matter as no doubt any expansion will up actual levels and not VR.

• jerzey_gamer
    Call it whatever you want - a "level cap increase" or "extra ranks". Either way, people are going to want to max out and be able to enjoy it before having to grind to the next cap. I mean why even implement a cap if nobody even gives a *** about reaching it? Are you saying the cap is merely meant for the most elilte and hardcore players with way too much time on their hands? I feel like that would be especially discouraging for a new player considering picking up the game. Nobody wants an endless grind without ever having a chance to bask in your accomplishment. We'll be at VR30+ by the end of the year with the rate this is going, and with no fixes to the current leveling/loot system? FUHGETTABOUTIT!
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adding more veteran ranks is a bad idea IMO. I have been saving mats for a long time thinking that when I hit vr10 I can spend them all to make one or two sets of really expensive and badass armor that will last me for a long time... well if craglorn is raising the level cap, then what the hell am I even working for? I dont like having to grind new gear every month, I like to grind for a set of gear, and then enjoy it for awhile before being forced to grind some more.

If they added one or two veteran levels every 6 months or so, I guess that would be okay, but for christ sake this game isnt even two months old!!!

Also, if they keep raising the level cap, they will eventually run into scaling problems for characters... which can ruin a game very quickly.
  • Calgrissom
    Calgrissom
    ✭✭
    Well.. as more legendary sets get created at the different vet levels.. there will be more in circulation for selling/buying. This will take time of course, but as you buy/create your new set. Simply sell your old set and poof.. You may break even or possibly even make more then what you spend on the new set that you have created. There are many ways to look at this situation and that is simply one of them.

You sir Have not crafted a full V10 set of legendary gear with Set traits. These bind when you put them on. No way to sell them.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't veteran ranks basically tiers so it would be like t10 gear is better then t8 gear...
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I would rather say it like this; Why bother with crafting armors/weapons, in total?

The sets that can be made are mostly useless, hardly see a set worth crafting. If you are in a trade/high VR guild, VR10 items drops are everywhere and cheap to buy.

I wish crafting in ESO was more worth it, as it is now I see little use for it (armors and weapons).