The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

If U Are Quitting The Game What Changes Would U Like To See Made Before Coming Back To The Game?

• Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP about a couple of things. Mostly, I'm reading a player that needs to adjust to the differences, as many of the rest of us have.

What's broken for me are not necessarily the bugs and glitches - although my character consistently drops his quick slot potions and I have to put them back, and my ultimate resets to zero all the time for no reason.

What I'm twisted about most is lack of an auction house. I'm not sure where the money goes that's deducted from my sale "for guild," but I get the sense the guy that started the guild is getting it. And that's just dumb. But more importantly, there is a whole style of player getting left out because of this. There are days that I would log in just to walk the wilds for hours farming mats. Then put those mats up for sale. And then - this is the best part - logging in a day later to see how much I sold. What a feeling to find a full mail box! Not here. This system is completely fail, in every aspect, in my opinion.

Why not toggle nameplates? Who's it going to hurt?

The naming system. Holy cow, I can't stress enough what a fail this is. This is an MMO, where grouping and socializing are encouraged. And this ridiculous account name system is absolutely ruining it. No, I don't think I'm exaggerating. Many RPG players have a identity, created over years of playing, or writing, or art, or role playing, that is intricately tied to their character name. And Zeni has erased all of that in one feel swoop. Instead of Trog the Deadly, I'm Bob123. This is having a very negative impact for many players.

Why not toggle account names? Who's it going to hurt?

I'm staying. I have made friends, and have a guild to run. But I really think that, in an effort to not be an MMO clone, Zeni has dropped the ball on some things, and I hope that continued discussion in forums on these subjects ultimately reaches their ears.

• imperial
    imperial
    First thing, your English is better than mine and I'm English! Secondly I'm enjoying the game so won't be quitting so hope you don't mind me reading your post. I do agree most of what you said would improve the multi - player dynamics of the game but the one thing I'd like is a proper working search type thing for guild stores.
  • ravenhartb14_ESO
    ravenhartb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Inventory Inventory Inventory.

I bought this game to play an elder scrolls MMO, not an inventory management simulator.

Group tools can use polishing. I should be able to go LFG for a lower level dungeon that I need to return to to complete a quest. Why was this not added to begin with?

Fing dismount times. Seriously, WTF. current dismount times are long enough a single person in PVP can kill me before I am even able to react. Why was this not balanced in beta? A group of 2-3 NPCs at my current level can down me before I can react. You shouldn't have to spec a tank to survive a dismount FFS.

Did I mention inventory? It's nice we get a robust crafting system. Too bad a single character can't do 2 professions without inventory issues. Create mules just for inventory space? *** poor workaround. Why was this not fixed in beta?

Fix those things and I'll enjoy playing for a long while. These are basic things that make the game frustrating. If I'm frustrated playing a game, I stop and pick up a game I actually enjoy. So far, This game is 90% there, but the inventory issue in and of itself is enough for me to say F it and play something else. Seriously, fix the broken inventory.
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    Zambonie wrote: »
    I don't understand why everyone is bashing the OP for his opinion. The OP was stating the changes he would like to see in the future if/when he comes back.

The OP asked others to share what they want to see changed, not whether his opinion is justified or wanted by others.

Fanbois gonna Fanboi
  • vince131nub18_ESO
    im staying but i want to see them fix Werewolves and Vampires
    There is no safty to be found in a sword. a sword brings death. it does not give life. it is a responsibility... a burden... this is no gift. it is a curse. i hope one day... you will forgive me.
  • Seabreeze
    Seabreeze
    ✭✭
    I don't really want to leave yet, but, if I do, it's going to be over the broken group questing. I know they claim to be working on the phasing, but there's also issues with being locked out of certain areas after completing the relevant quest, which means it's impossible to go back and help friends who might be stuck. My wife and I had this problem just tonight, and it's very frustrating. If she quits, then that's one less reason for me to play, and I can tell she's becoming very aggravated.

It's also worth mentioning that crafting is kind of ridiculous. I feel forced to do it, but there's no point in crafting gear without enchants, and enchanting is a real pain to level, what with runes being very hard to find and needing three different types to make one glyph. By itself, it's not enough to push me away, but it's just another gripe added to the others.
  • Extremeties
    Extremeties
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Im going to quit the game however my time in it will go down dramatically and that's because of the ridiculousness of forced questing and/or doing the usual Anchor/World Bosses/Delve running groups through each zone in the VR's. 1-50 you had options of how to progress. Whether it be via grinding on mobs in groups, solo grinding, questing, dungeons, cyrodiil, etc. You had options and never felt bored. Once I hit the VR's, I don't mind the amount of exp required to achieve the levels, I dislike the ways in how you go about getting xp in the veteran zones. You are literally forced to Quest or do the usual group run through as I said above and it has become EXTREMELY boring.

Grinding on mobs(for those of us who enjoy it sometimes) is practically non-existent. Mobs in the 30s and 40s were giving anywhere from 200-500 xp a kill. In the veteran zones, monsters are giving 42 xp. 42. Zenimax, you seriously need to do something about this ridiculous amount. I know theyre supposed to be more difficult to achieve the levels but 42 xp is flatout pathetic. I dont know.. I love the game, I dont however love the ways of being forced to quest if I want to achieve my lvls. And dont get me started on Alts... I currently have a VR6 character an a VR3 character. I absolutely dread having to do all the same stuff again.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread is still kicking huh? amazing at what people will complain about, some i understand but others i do not. and sadly if those were added the SAME people would complain about it not being how THEY want it....never knew you had to be the burger king of mmos to do good nowadays .....you know...."have it your way"
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why everyone is bashing the OP for his opinion. The OP was stating the changes he would like to see in the future if/when he comes back.

The OP asked others to share what they want to see changed, not whether his opinion is justified or wanted by others.

Fanbois gonna Fanboi

Right. And some people have to label and criticize other people who don't agree with them.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm leaving but I do not want to see any of these changes implemented other than werewolf, etc.

The game isn't bad its just new and there are a lot of bugs. I bought the PC game because I hoped to experience things I had not in the PC Beta.

Ultimately, I want to play this on console as there are a lot of things that PC's tend to do OK but the PS4 and Xbox One are having their issues resolved and it seems both will be better suited for this type of MMORPG based on what I expected and am looking for.

If I want a lot of what the OP mentioned I'd go back to WoW but those are the reasons I left WoW and bought a next gen console.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    This game needs massive improvements i think we can all agree on that.
    I read alot of posts on diffrent forums and i tend to agree with many of them as they make solid points.
    People making comments like "dont let the door hit you on the way out" well let me say this, ESO has not meet the target of box sales.
    And every player leaving is bad and every player making a post about what needs improving is a step of making this game better.

With people thinking that the game is fine as it is, you dont have high standards and in this age and day people do not pay for unfinsihed products.
    As ESO is a looooong way from being a good mmo.
    Once the bulk of people leave, this mmo will reach a critical point of revenue and might be forced to go the route of every mmo that launched the last decade >>Free to Play<<
    Only 3 sub games alive and kicking and over 20 mmo's launched with a sub went free to play.

In current state ESO is making players way to frustrated to keep paying and playing.
    Once people hit the veteran contend they will unsub and might come back over time or play another mmo and never look back.

We have seen this in every major mmo that launched in recent years.
    Warhammer / Aion / SWTOR / Rift / Secret World etc etc etc etc

Soon we can see ESO among those as the developers failed to produce a fiinished product and made the game way to shallow and frustrated to have fun.
    Not to mention the horrible veteran grind that starts to wear on you after you reach Vet level 5.

Oh i also readed the new patch notes and still no skill / passive fixes / infinite loading screen / mass group crashes / respec reduction cost incase you picked the bugged skills and passives who do not work / the logout login that you need to do as passives bugs out if you die / Softcap sucking the fun out of min maxing / Veteran grinding to boring / gear decay to fast / gear repair cost to high / wortless quest rewards <----final quest in the game gives you a blue necklace :P great job hero ! here have a good one for all saving the world !

This is but a tip of the iceberg that is starting to anoy alot of people.
    And thats not good for such a young mmo.

Its not all doom and fire tough as underneath all these problems lies a realy good mmo.
    But in my opinion this mmo was not ready for a launch, not even close.
    Many design decisions needs to be looked at asap.
    Most of us know that if you launch an mmo and people get to frustrated they look for better pastures or other games that dont require you to pay for an open beta.
    or make syou log out frustrated or losing the will to continue leveling.

For me it was a big lie what Matt Frior said:

Play the game how you want to play.

its a pure quest grinder with nothing in between to gain exp.

Edited by Mothanos on May 7, 2014 10:59AM
  • HashxBrowns
    HashxBrowns
    Soul Shriven
    I am quitting sadly. They need to make the vet ranks not so boring to level through. Also just picked up ArcheAge. So pretty much leaving eso for that.
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    joanjett wrote: »
    Wow was thinking i would see more of these with a lot of ppl leaving,
    glad i was wrong.

That's because they have already left and wouldn't likely be posting here at this point. The one's posting are the ones staying.
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am quitting sadly. They need to make the vet ranks not so boring to level through. Also just picked up ArcheAge. So pretty much leaving eso for that.
    Well, why are you so focused on levelling through the vet ranks? What if leveling isn't the objective? Leveling is a tool used for something else.

The game is between the beginning and the end, not after the end. After the end there is no game. After the end is beyond the game.

Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there was an interview done, and if i remember correctly they did not expect people to blow through this game. most were in the 2-3 zone at the time of the interview but there was a hand full of "power gamers" he even released some online loged in times with no names. He said he sees some of these times being 14-17 hours a day and he thought "go out side and get some air!" they ARE working to add more content for Vet ranks and are also working to fix some of the game breaking bugs. They are even fiddling with the FoV and the chase camera. it is all in the dev discussion thread. For those of you who are leaving i advise you to come back in a few months and try it out again. Those of you stay i will see you in game.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Przemogce
    Przemogce
    Soul Shriven
    wow at this wall of text. im just going to say that eso is the first mmorpg game where after reaching max lvl i have no idea what i am supposed to do next. The reason for this is that there is no endgame, No profit in professions and the only thing to do is grinding mobs with others or going cyrodil pretending this pvp could be any exciting
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    You dont want to play ESO, you want to play WoW.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Przemogce
    Przemogce
    Soul Shriven
    Chryos wrote: »
    You dont want to play ESO, you want to play WoW.
    i played for like 4.5 years but im done with wow forever. time to move on xD

• keylargo
    keylargo

I hate it that there is no way to lock down the chase camera. This annoys me a lot. It has been my preference for over decade to be able to play this way.
  • morashtakb16_ESO
    morashtakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If things don't get a lot better in 6 months I'm gone. Great guildees but average MMO just doesn't hold me.

Game questing is too shallow; nothing to make you aware of how important your choice of race is. The starting levels should have been tailored to each race. Yes, nine different starting areas (the Imperial was a mistake). Then another zone or two to cement your relationship with your faction then tie it all together with the quests we have now.

No alternate questing areas - No way to grind through a set of levels other than the ONE quest area designed for it. Oh, yeah, one could just PvP and/or dungeon grind but why were we presented with "questing-via-rail-shooter"? Facing the same quests again and again and again if we want to level another character? For shame, ZOS, for shame. Which ties in with...

VR levels - The use of the other factions' questing zones for leveling is ill-thought out (c'mon, these are levels 50-59, let's be honest, okay?) and only make me dread leveling another character. In order to max out another I'll have to "Quest While Catatonic". The re-playability of this game was wasted.

Reputations among the races in each faction should have had an impact on your quest choices and outcomes. A Breton should have to work a bit harder to gain the EP's trust, etc.

All the other points (basic guild implementation, lack of AH, broken grouping, etc) goes without repeating.

This game should take the route of FF XIV - Beg forgiveness for releasing a shallow, average MMO and promise, and deliver, better when they release ESO:Reborn. For those that are not aware please wikipedia it. There is too much similarity for comfort.

(and yes, I typed all this while trying to calm down after facing off against Pelidil at VR 8. Soo much wrong about this fight)
  • Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭

This game should take the route of FF XIV - Beg forgiveness for releasing a shallow, average MMO and promise, and deliver, better when they release ESO:Reborn. For those that are not aware please wikipedia it. There is too much similarity for comfort.

Yes, this. This is the worst launch of a game I've ever played. I've been a fanboi all along, but I just can't anymore. Zenimax, you've broken my heart. This was Elder Scrolls. How could you?

It's like they got a chance to cover "Stairway to Heaven," and hired Miley Cyrus to do it. It's just plain wrong.
    Edited by Xenrae on May 22, 2014 12:14PM