The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

If U Are Quitting The Game What Changes Would U Like To See Made Before Coming Back To The Game?

masterdtox
masterdtox
✭✭
If U Are Quitting The Game What Changes Would U Like To See Made Before Coming Back To The Game?

i just want to give my honest opinion about the game at the current state, and what needs to be changed to keep players interested for a longer term then the free 1th month and more or less for many forced second month.

If u are quitting the game what changes would u like to see made before coming back to the game?

PS: Those English teachers around here, plz don't judge me on my writing this is not my mother language and i am doing my best to reflect the feature's that the game needs to have to succeed. Thank u in advance.

Basics Features that should have been in game already, no excuses:

-NAMEPLATES in game (for pvp and pve / u could stand a near friend/guild player and u would not know it).15 + Years of basic MMO Feature and they manage not to even make it optional for the RPG NERDS to turn it off or on for normal MMO players that are used to this essential feature that makes it feel that u play an MMO and that i useful in many ways for PVE and PVP.

-DUELING option!!! to duel your friends to have some fun to test some builds out ect. Having a entire BIG ASS PVP zone but no dueling system....man some one felt in sleep at zanimax and forgot about it, he might have had it in his head but he just forgot because this game hast totally nothing to do with PVP...this one same as nameplates /BLOWS-MINDS into the oblivion for the PVP players trust me not having this features in game.

-DPS dummy's, to check out your rotation for best dps/healing build.

-a proper mini-map, (forcing players to get a broken mini man addon). Current mini map in game is just useless face it ppl, works maybe great in skyrim but in an MMO it is just useless.

-Quest categorization must be improved. Many times when i am doing a quest and Press "J" to look up the quest it has a different name then it is listed in the quest tracker. A quest is in SUB SUB categorize separated make's it not that great to work with it. This gets annoying really, not that i am saying that u can't find the quest ect. It is just like a irritating handicap.

-Instant teleport to dungeon when 4 man group is full " for Looking for group system" ( when u find players to get strait away teleported to the dungeon and not that first one of the players needs to enter the dungeon and then players can teleport into the dungeon)

-A actual Search option when u using GUILD STORE/ AH to find items and 4-5 Trade guilds integrated into 1 where u can see items of all those trade guilds in one Store, and not to search manually each of the 4-5 trade guilds stores tab 1 to XXXX to find the item and lowest prize ect. ( i know there is a addon for but it don't syncs properly as it should with the Store and u still need to select manually each trade guild u want to search in).

Atm it is just a useless feature in game even the setup that u need to join a Trading guild, well have fun finding Good Trading guild where u can sell something the proper way. This will take u a while, and not to mention for each item that u want list for a decent prize to compete u need to spit true each of the 4-5 trading guilds manually. FUN FUN!!...NOT!!

-Item preview option, like when some one links a great item, oh man i just looted this bad boy check out the looks.. well u can't because there is no preview option to see it.

-linking items in chat with shift click and not to always have to rigth-click the damn item and then link it gets soo annoying.

-item customization ( to have different looks of your gear to feel uniq an not same looking crafting gear styles that other have or basic wardrobes that everyone gets )

-Proper loot system in game to encourage players to play the dungeons and not just to go in for CHEST farm in dungeons because those drop and have better chance on loot then the bosses that u kill. Atm it is like this: u kill bosses chance on loot /mehh so u continue to final boss "the grand finale" in the dungeon and he drops 3g for u, that is total fun there, ye right total bias man so FUN REALLY!!??!, now do it xx time over and over again u will notice it is true BS system..total /facepalm to the DEV'S for this, guy that made this random system should be fired. One more thing regarding the current loot system, i truly HOPE ZANIMAX U WON'T USE IT FOR THE 12 MAN TRAILS, else players will rage like u never sow before trust me on this one.

Advanced Features:

-mount customization, they have already stat-boosts for your mount speed/stamina/, add some looks like armor that u can gain at some lvl for the horse to make it look different and not like trillion other horses that other players have.

-raids at launch (i know will come next patch, but when u have a 200+mil cash cow throwing literally GOLD AT u this should be NP for that budget to make it happen). Once more MMO is rushed for release it is CLEAR as water. Next patch notes have more BUG fixes/ combat animation fixes and so on the list is LONG and minor information about changes/added stuff for the new content, that says enough how broken the game is at release ( i know new MMO ect but still to much, u can't say players don't see whats going on here). Combine this with the major bug fixes that they need to do, I really doubt the new content will make it in a decent shape out of there DEV-LAB at release. Even if it will be tested next month by some players, it will be also released in the same month, IT IS STILL TO SHORT OF TIME FOR TESTING TO MAKE IT POLISHED ENOUGH!!

-WW and VAMP bites, total mess atm. It don't feels uniq in any way to have it when everyone in PVP is a VAMP atm, they should have just made it a BASIC Feature. Anyway those mob locations are farmed by gold-seller's and abusers that scam players that want to get a bite, because a chance to get a bit of the mob is nearly impossible. Further on broken mechanics of those 2 builds/specs that are just abused atm especially in PVP.

-ARMORY, to check out some builds out of top pvp/pve players. That way u can improve your build/stats.

I forgot to add:

- the cost of the respec are just to high atm and not having the option to reset per skillpoint/spell is bad. The system forces u if u want even to change 1 spell/morph to reset all skillpoints. Only conclusion bad DEV design not thinking ahead what for problems it will bring with it implementing it as it is atm.

More i can not think of atm, but those above are all that i could come up with. Please leave your honest opinion and what u want to see for the better.

My excuses for the caps, i just want the game to get better that's all because i like it a lot.So don't judge me on that, it is more about the issues that has.
Edited by masterdtox on April 28, 2014 2:02PM
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    I'm staying ... and I just hope some folks get their capslock key fixed ...
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭
    Caran wrote: »
    I'm staying ... and I just hope some folks get their capslock key fixed ...

• reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    uh.. no. to most everything you want. That is every other bloody mmo out there with crowded fussy UI, elitism and epeen contests over dps meters and fussing over others builds and functionality.

the vamp/werewolf thing I agree with

it would be cool to have mount cosmetic customization

raids would be ok for those that enjoy them

i have no prob with looting in dungeons, they implemented a timer on the boss to curb exploitation there. I dont really understand what you want there? rng boxes to be rolled on by the group? helllzz no

hope you stay on and keep posting ideas to make it better
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    well as i said its my opinion, and i ask other to give there opinion about the game what they like to be changed for the better, but it says enough about some players of the ESO community. U guys just need to open your eye's and admit that there are things that could be changed for the better. But the thing is there will never be changes and new implement features that player want, if players don't SAY anything about it and SPEAK it out. So just keep going on guys like this and i am sure u will be still happy after 6 months GL ;-).

One more thing, be happy that there are honest players around that want the game to succeed and that speak out whats wrong for the better, that way it will be changed and addressed at some point. And i think zanimax appreciate such feedback, if it is given in a a bit rude or nice language i think they pretty much get the point.
    Edited by masterdtox on April 27, 2014 3:03PM
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    reggielee wrote: »
    uh.. no. to most everything you want. That is every other bloody mmo out there with crowded fussy UI, elitism and epeen contests over dps meters and fussing over others builds and functionality.

the vamp/werewolf thing I agree with

it would be cool to have mount cosmetic customization

raids would be ok for those that enjoy them

i have no prob with looting in dungeons, they implemented a timer on the boss to curb exploitation there. I dont really understand what you want there? rng boxes to be rolled on by the group? helllzz no

hope you stay on and keep posting ideas to make it better

All the points that i am speaking of have nothing to do with a crowded UI, far far away from it. And about dps meters i am not even talking about that... And what you say about builds, man this game is all about fusing specs builds, why on the earth we have 2 skill bars and a TON of SPELLS/ABILITIES??....
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Wow was thinking i would see more of these with a lot of ppl leaving,
    glad i was wrong. Love this game even with the bugs{ lets get those bugs out of here please} Don't think anyone in the guild i'm with are leaving{about 400 so far}. This is the first game i've seen that has some much content at the beginning that will have me playing for sometime. With new content coming
    soon unreal! :o

Edited by joanjett on April 27, 2014 3:28PM
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    joanjett wrote: »
    Wow was thinking i would see more of these with a lot of ppl leaving,
    glad i was wrong. Love this game even with the bugs{ lets get those bugs out of here please} Don't think anyone in the guild i'm with are leaving{about 400 so far}. This is the first game i've seen that has some much content at the beginning that will have me playing for sometime. With new content coming
    soon unreal! :o

don't get me wrong about what i write above, i love the game totally really. i am a elderscrolls fan, and i like playing MMO'S. It just makes me sad somehow what they have done with the game, it could have been much better just with little changes (nothing game breaking just little changes).
  • Apricot
    Apricot
    ✭✭
    My guilds are emptying out and I've unsubbed as well. I don't know that I would come back to the game because as well as the things that will eventually be fixed such as bugs, balancing problems and so on, there are basic game features that just aren't to my liking.

Resource Starvation: I often read the "pros" mentioning to be sure to have plenty of pots and food on hand. This is good advice because in this game you often won't have enough resources to beat an encounter without them. Pots and food aren't there to give you an advantage, they're mandatory.

The "pros" will also tell you to save your resources for certain mechanics and what-not. Again good advice because even with pots and food if you don't use a ton of white damage you'll be out of resources in no time. This is a terrible game design. Here's some abilities, choose just a few but don't use them for the most part. Now isn't that fun and challenging? Yeah. No thank you. Not something I enjoy at all.

Action Bars: I don't want the ability bloat that games such as WoW have had over the years, but I want more abilities on my bar. You may like it the way it is, I don't. It's not the way I prefer to play. This is a big game killer for me.

Inconsistency of Difficulty: Some mobs are too easy. Some are too hard. Some are just right. You never know until you engage one. At your level the difficulty should be about right, and mobs above your level should be hard. Often this isn't the case. And there's no rhyme or reason for it.

Cost of Resetting Skill Points: ZoS should be alarmed at the people emptying out of this game over this one thing. This one thing that could easily be fixed. Players sometimes find that at lower-mid to mid level their build isn't optimal, or it doesn't suit their play style. Often they don't have the gold or don't want to spend all the gold they do have to reset their points. Rather than slogging through more levels with a character they don't like or starting over, they quit. You may disagree, or find it silly, but the fact is thousands of players are leaving because of the frustration of how unreasonable it is to fix your character.

Grouping: I doubt this can be fixed. You can't have your character change the world around them without phasing. And you can't reasonably group with phasing going on. The friends I started playing with are already gone because grouping while questing is something we enjoy. This is another big game killer for me.

I could go on about no AH, certain lines of crafting and such, but suffice it to say there are more cons than pros to continue playing this game. It's a shame, really, because I was so excited about it.
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it "The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Souls 2 Online"
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it's mostly bugs and bots that ruined it for me. I know people will "the game is new, give it a chance" and all, but I am not going to PAY the company for the privilege of waiting for them to fix the game.

I keep telling myself I will check back in 6 months and everything should be fixed by then, but i know deep down I wont. I will have moved on and will have forgotten about this game. Too bad they blew it because I was really looking forward to this game.
  • Mentalmelon
    Mentalmelon
    ✭✭
    I can see people's opinions in here of things they want adding, etc but in my opinion guys you need to give it a chance, I mean come on the game has been out just less than a month and already talk of quitting. Anybody who is a true Elder Scrolls fan will have some patience.

Lets have a look at the OP's comments, and remember I'm not dissing what you are saying I'm merely giving you another angle to look from:-

Nameplates... I can see the need for this but to me this is something very minimal that needs changing, and lets keep in mind that the developers have kept a very familiar UI to previous Elder Scrolls titles which gives it a traditional feeling to the older Elder Scrolls fans.

Dueling... For you PvP players I can again see the need for this but again give the game some time, things will be added in future updates. I enjoy PvP and to me, why would I want to duel a friend when we can group up and join an epic siege on a castle in Cyrodiil?! There PvP area is epic!

DPS Dummies... Not a vital thing that needs to be added. Not everything is about being top DPS, I mean if your in a group dungeon and you all have fun and complete it then who cares which character did the most damage just enjoy the game.

Mini-Map... Again the game is not unplayable because there is no mini-map, yeah its handy and if an add-on can give you one just use the add-on. It's not the end of the world if I have to press M to check where to go really....

Quest categorization... Can't say I have had a problem with this yet so I am not saying you are wrong in your comment but I find it more enjoyable reading through my journal to see where to go etc than the more linear route of being spoon fed what to do. Just my opinion.

Instant teleport to dungeon... This is most certainly not a "Basic unforgivable feature" Again this is keeping away from being spoon fed and handing everything to you on a plate. *WoW reference alert* I remember vanilla WoW when you would find a group and have to travel to the dungeon such as Scholomance or Stratholme to do the dungeon and it made it more fun and brought people together, you get to know the guys who you dungeon with and it brought together a more MMO experience for me. As oppose to just magically appearing in a dungeon with randoms who instantly *** about someone who is doing 5 dps less than them because of DPS meters ;)

Guild Store... Now your getting somewhere I like your idea of integrating all the guild to 1 big marketplace for your personal character. But to me in its current state not a reason that would make me quit. I do agree though would be a nice idea to implement.

Item Preview option... Same as above really a great idea that no doubt will be implemented in the near future, (patience is a virtue). But again not a reason to quit in my opinion.

Shift-Click Linking... Exactly the same opinion as the Item Preview option.

Reading through your advanced features these are all ideas that can be implemented in future patches and I agree with a lot of what your saying you just need to be patient and enjoy the game for what it is presently.

I'll stop typing now as finger cramp is setting in, if you read it this far then I thank you kind readers.

Love Melon.
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    name plates yes because i want to more easily remember people i liked playing with but didn't friend for w/e reason. preview option would be nice. the difficulty in phasing properly when everyone is at every different step is weird, agreed, but i'm sitting a sliver away form VR9 without ever having this or any bug/glitch/camper/no-AH/no-horse/shift-click stopping me.

(are you *** kidding me btw? shift-clicking warrants rage quitting? do the math here..hover, press shift, press left click to link..3 motions/actions...hover, right click, left click on "link in chat",...3 *** motions/actions. wtf seriously...wtf is wrong with you people? i'm going to be seriously pissed if this game fails because of people like you who complain over *** like that because i'm loving this game overall and see all the potential and have unlocked all the potential of how this unique combat system works. spend as much time learning to use it as you waste crying and you might enjoy it. it's called a learning curve and everything new has one. "i quit at 30 without actually seeing the game and failing to bother learning anything worthwhile about weapon swaps and skill sets built around maximizing characters"--that's what i hear coming out of people's mouth when they say they quit at 30.)

dueling...why? every game, people ask for this, no game supplies it. the last however many major releases i played for the 1st year that had no dueling: warhammer, gw2, aion, swtor, ffxiv... sure there's tons more out there but those were the major of major releases and guess what they have in common with ESO? no deuling. i don't know where you dueling tards come from every single game demanding this but it is never there so get over it already. please. i'm a pvp lover above all else and i like the idea of 5v5 up to 8v8 stuff being added arena style here, but seriously the dueling you guys have been asking for for over a decade...please just stop. stop. it's not happening. so stop asking. anywhere. ever.

my one and absolutely one single complaint about ESO:
    a few weeks/months ago there was a long post from the devs about this being "a game of attrition" in which combat would inherently see more dps than healing...ok, i get behind that after years of pvp in games like warhammer, aion, or guild wars 2 where you could watch your opponent heal to full repeatedly for 10 mins until you finally just run away because no one is going to kill anyone that way. but then you get to vet ranks, and like literally anything pve-wise that can heal itself will do so repeatedly to full unless you have several friends. regular mobs, w/e, they suck but can die. but then you wind up locked in an instance at the last stage of a quest with a 1 Star Vet 9 Healer who also got the added benefit of being immune to all cc, so there's literally zero chance of interrupting his healing. if you leave, you have to run the whole instance again later but its literally impossible to do solo. you don't even know if this is really a solo instance or not but you're standing there reading the forums until you find a post like this one that pisses you off so you spend 60 mins responding after reading for 60 mins and still no one has shown up in the instance sitting in windowed mode on the left half of your screen so you are seriously starting to wonder if this is a solo instance which simply needs to be fixed because its endless frustration playing against these healing mobs. i doubt zenimax is listening, but please, bosses like Cassia Varo in the Arithiel quest line need to be toned down. a LOT of vet 6+ does for the sheer problem that there are not a lot of people in this difficult of content that will be phased properly to work together. this isn't the 1st and i'm sure not the last encounter that is simply unplayable, but its the one i'm stuck on. i'm nto quitting over it, but it'd be nice if you would allow those of us who are sticking around the benefit of being able to play.

• SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    OP, a lot of the issues you have with the game can be fixed with add ons. Secondly, while you do have some valid concerns, it seems like most are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of the game, which leads me to believe that this game just isnt for you.

I still havent decided whether or not ill stay, but the must have for me would be better customer service. At least 3/4 of all contact ive had with them has been beyond terrible. This became even worse during the bank bug debacle. They would literally ignore your tickets until you kept resubmitting them, then giving copy+paste responses that had absolutely nothing to do with the issue, and then basically refusing to restore lost items and compensating you with gold.... But trying to haggle with you and give you a fraction of what you actually lost! Then, made you submit more tickets to get the rest of your compensation !!! ITS VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND HAS NO REAL VALUE YOU IDIOTS! And they lost a lot of customers and pissed off a lot because of it. It took 3 weeks of going back and forth until one tech realized the severity of my situation, that I had been jerked around dozens of times, and had cancelled my subscription for them to compensate just the GOLD it cost to buy my bank slots again. I never did get any items restored which is the reason ill still probably quit.

Customer service gets a 2/10 from me, only because I have had a few very rare contacts with them that they actually read and acknowledged the problem, and genuinely seemed to want to take care of it.
  • Crotext
    Crotext
    I'm staying with this game, I believe it to be innovative, original, and a fresh new spin on MMOs.

If I wanted WoW, I'd play wow. But WoW is terrible and dated, and its glory days are over. Its time for something new, and ESO offers that.

Lets not take a step backward and go to dated, easy, watered down systems because they pander to the majority of people looking for the path of least resistance at the cost of enjoyment and fulfillment in our gameplay.
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    name plates yes because i want to more easily remember people i liked playing with but didn't friend for w/e reason. preview option would be nice. the difficulty in phasing properly when everyone is at every different step is weird, agreed, but i'm sitting a sliver away form VR9 without ever having this or any bug/glitch/camper/no-AH/no-horse/shift-click stopping me.

(are you *** kidding me btw? shift-clicking warrants rage quitting? do the math here..hover, press shift, press left click to link..3 motions/actions...hover, right click, left click on "link in chat",...3 *** motions/actions. wtf seriously...wtf is wrong with you people? i'm going to be seriously pissed if this game fails because of people like you who complain over *** like that because i'm loving this game overall and see all the potential and have unlocked all the potential of how this unique combat system works. spend as much time learning to use it as you waste crying and you might enjoy it. it's called a learning curve and everything new has one. "i quit at 30 without actually seeing the game and failing to bother learning anything worthwhile about weapon swaps and skill sets built around maximizing characters"--that's what i hear coming out of people's mouth when they say they quit at 30.)

dueling...why? every game, people ask for this, no game supplies it. the last however many major releases i played for the 1st year that had no dueling: warhammer, gw2, aion, swtor, ffxiv... sure there's tons more out there but those were the major of major releases and guess what they have in common with ESO? no deuling. i don't know where you dueling tards come from every single game demanding this but it is never there so get over it already. please. i'm a pvp lover above all else and i like the idea of 5v5 up to 8v8 stuff being added arena style here, but seriously the dueling you guys have been asking for for over a decade...please just stop. stop. it's not happening. so stop asking. anywhere. ever.

my one and absolutely one single complaint about ESO:
    a few weeks/months ago there was a long post from the devs about this being "a game of attrition" in which combat would inherently see more dps than healing...ok, i get behind that after years of pvp in games like warhammer, aion, or guild wars 2 where you could watch your opponent heal to full repeatedly for 10 mins until you finally just run away because no one is going to kill anyone that way. but then you get to vet ranks, and like literally anything pve-wise that can heal itself will do so repeatedly to full unless you have several friends. regular mobs, w/e, they suck but can die. but then you wind up locked in an instance at the last stage of a quest with a 1 Star Vet 9 Healer who also got the added benefit of being immune to all cc, so there's literally zero chance of interrupting his healing. if you leave, you have to run the whole instance again later but its literally impossible to do solo. you don't even know if this is really a solo instance or not but you're standing there reading the forums until you find a post like this one that pisses you off so you spend 60 mins responding after reading for 60 mins and still no one has shown up in the instance sitting in windowed mode on the left half of your screen so you are seriously starting to wonder if this is a solo instance which simply needs to be fixed because its endless frustration playing against these healing mobs. i doubt zenimax is listening, but please, bosses like Cassia Varo in the Arithiel quest line need to be toned down. a LOT of vet 6+ does for the sheer problem that there are not a lot of people in this difficult of content that will be phased properly to work together. this isn't the 1st and i'm sure not the last encounter that is simply unplayable, but its the one i'm stuck on. i'm nto quitting over it, but it'd be nice if you would allow those of us who are sticking around the benefit of being able to play.

about the shift click: no that is not the reason to quit the game, it is just a basic feature is what i meant actually. No i would not quit because of this not at all.

I am still playing the game, but if they don't change some of those above in 3 months. Especially for me the Nameplates what i consider as important for PVE and PVP, then i will stop i think.
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    OP, a lot of the issues you have with the game can be fixed with add ons. Secondly, while you do have some valid concerns, it seems like most are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of the game, which leads me to believe that this game just isnt for you.

I still havent decided whether or not ill stay, but the must have for me would be better customer service. At least 3/4 of all contact ive had with them has been beyond terrible. This became even worse during the bank bug debacle. They would literally ignore your tickets until you kept resubmitting them, then giving copy+paste responses that had absolutely nothing to do with the issue, and then basically refusing to restore lost items and compensating you with gold.... But trying to haggle with you and give you a fraction of what you actually lost! Then, made you submit more tickets to get the rest of your compensation !!! ITS VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND HAS NO REAL VALUE YOU IDIOTS! And they lost a lot of customers and pissed off a lot because of it. It took 3 weeks of going back and forth until one tech realized the severity of my situation, that I had been jerked around dozens of times, and had cancelled my subscription for them to compensate just the GOLD it cost to buy my bank slots again. I never did get any items restored which is the reason ill still probably quit.

Customer service gets a 2/10 from me, only because I have had a few very rare contacts with them that they actually read and acknowledged the problem, and genuinely seemed to want to take care of it.

That's sad man that u need to do such actions to get the ball rolling over there at ESO. But what i heard of, was that all the costumer support is outsourced to India, makes some things clear now i guess why it is a poor support.

maybe u right, but most things can not be added simply as that with addons, well i hoped nameplates could but not. It is there because when u target some one u see a name and class icon, only somehow they blocked it to make it visual all times, what i find very strange kinda.

For the rest i am just honest what bothers me about the game. Those basic little features nothing game-breaking just common sense for the player community from the dev's. They Knew that MMO players will come in masses and TES players, make it work for both at least. Else there is no point making this a social experience game that ALL MMO'S are. This game is more against grouping, playing together making new friends, because those essential basic features are not there at all. And that is a sad thing, especially when u look at the quality of the game its a DIAMOND, a bit RAW atm because of issues but those will be fixed.

What i mean most of the post contributes to the social aspect of the game and that is not there atm at all, the feeling to have to play a MMORPG game and not a offline RPG game. Maybe i am a bit rubbish how i say this here but i guess u get the point what i mean.
    Edited by masterdtox on April 28, 2014 11:53AM
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    well what can you say if it was single player half the posts would not exist, there will be bugs some take years to fix even games that are years old still have bugs.
    the game plays like a classic many things I wish for in time who knows , this mmo like all mmos have to make it a lot more solo content I am sure you know that , the other bits are we have played other games and want these features in the game , no one gives a monkeys if you do or do not play want this or that,
    if you are a fan then you would work with them to make the game like you want it
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    well what can you say if it was single player half the posts would not exist, there will be bugs some take years to fix even games that are years old still have bugs.
    the game plays like a classic many things I wish for in time who knows , this mmo like all mmos have to make it a lot more solo content I am sure you know that , the other bits are we have played other games and want these features in the game , no one gives a monkeys if you do or do not play want this or that,
    if you are a fan then you would work with them to make the game like you want it

still fact is it is an MMORPG atm, that means do the basic's that a MMO player asks for and add / make what u like of the game as DEV. Example GW1 and GW2, 2 total different game in styles and game mechanics, TOTALLY*. But the basic MMORPG features are there in both games. Why?, because it is an MMORPG game, simple as that u can't avoid that when u going the MMO + RPG route. And if u don't agree with this then u have missed a lot of other MMO'S in the past 15y that all had those basic MMO feature's.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP,

There are things called "Add-ons" that can solve some of you trivial issues that you listed.

Also keep in mind:
    * That this game is still brand new, and in comparison to other launches I've experienced over the recent years, this is the smoothest and I find it hilarious at all the rage / butt-hurt over literally nothing.
    * Bugs will ALWAYS occur in EVERY MMO
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    OP,

There are things called "Add-ons" that can solve some of you trivial issues that you listed.

Also keep in mind:
    * That this game is still brand new, and in comparison to other launches I've experienced over the recent years, this is the smoothest and I find it hilarious at all the rage / butt-hurt over literally nothing.

I don't care that much about the bugs, yes they are there, yes they are annoying. And yes we all know it will be fixed. It is more basic stuff that needs to be there that's all and all MMO players know this.

I am not but hurt because of bugs or server maintenance's ect. Just pointing out real stuff that is affecting 70% of players at some point in the game. Just look at the forums here, at MMORPG.com at tamrielfoundry.com it say's enough.

The 30% are those that don't care actually about nothing, just them and the game playing in a solo mind of state, that's there thing rest is not relevant. And players that don't care if it is for the better or not because they like the game how it is. A game like this won't survive of those 30% for long sadly, and that is the truth.

Be glad very glad that there are players that are speaking out what's missing and can be addressed for the better. This counts for features, upcoming changes / balancing / Bug reports and so on. Those players are not bashing the game into the ground they just want it so badly to succeed!
    And they hope that the DEV'S are aware of that, Given the bad communication of the ZANIMAX DEV'S to the community, it is kinda hard to reach them. So Forums are there for the players to speak to the dev's and other players to make it happen for the better.

• Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    masterdtox wrote: »
    IF U ARE QUITTING THE GAME WHAT CHANGES WOULD U LIKE TO SEE MADE BEFORE COMING BACK TO THE GAME?

I dont blame you for your english. I am not british myself and my grammar and spelling are way off at times. However, if you want to be taken seriously.....
    Don't feking type "u" instead of "you"!!!
    Abbrivations and BIG LETTERS IN EVERYTHING (spelling?) ALWAYS makes you look like a whining teenager, or some lazy arse adult who think facebook is the internet.

For those people who are leaving ESO because they don't find features from other games like "Auction house" or don't like the fact that you have to do things yourself, I only have 1 thing to say.....

Don't let the door hit you in the back on your way out!
    Edited by Cogo on April 28, 2014 1:13PM
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    IF U ARE QUITTING THE GAME WHAT CHANGES WOULD U LIKE TO SEE MADE BEFORE COMING BACK TO THE GAME?

I dont blame you for your english. I am not british myself and my grammar and spelling are way off at times. However, if you want to be taken seriously.....
    Abbrivations and BIG LETTERS IN EVERYTHING (spelling?) ALWAYS makes you look like a whining teenager, or some lazy arse adult who think facebook is the internet.

For those people who are leaving ESO because they don't find features from other games like "Auction house" or don't like the fact that you have to do things yourself, I only have 1 thing to say.....

Ye sorry for the caps my excuses for it to all.

Well i don't know if u have recently payed like in the last 10y an MMO that did not had a action house. Players like to have a nice social feature where the profession that they have has a purpose, and not just to craft items for your self. Trust me there are more then u think that like a action house u would be shocked! Else u would have /zone chat full of WTS this and that 24/7 that is quit annoying.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    "shift click linking" - you can right click and link to chat, amongst other things. I like that better since I can never remember which mmo I play it's ctrl, shift, or alt click to link an item in chat.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP,

Also keep in mind:

I don't care that much about the bugs, yes they are there, yes they are annoying. And yes we all know it will be fixed. It is more basic stuff that needs to be there that's all and all MMO players know this.

I am not but hurt because of bugs or server maintenance's ect. Just pointing out real stuff that is affecting 70% of players at some point in the game. Just look at the forums here, at MMORPG.com at tamrielfoundry.com it say's enough.

The 30% are those that don't care actually about nothing, just them and the game playing in a solo mind of state, that's there thing rest is not relevant. And players that don't care if it is for the better or not because they like the game how it is. A game like this won't survive of those 30% for long sadly, and that is the truth.

Be glad very glad that there are players that are speaking out what's missing and can be addressed for the better. This counts for features, upcoming changes / balancing / Bug reports and so on. Those players are not bashing the game into the ground they just want it so badly to succeed!
    And they hope that the DEV'S are aware of that, Given the bad communication of the ZANIMAX DEV'S to the community, it is kinda hard to reach them. So Forums are there for the players to speak to the dev's and other players to make it happen for the better.

"Better" is subjective more than ever.

What should be posted more often and stickied everywhere is a "101" guide to teach people basic functions that are in the game (for example, right click and item to link to chat), and to also remind people that ESO is the way it is because...... it's not some other MMO.

Add-ons have been allowed so that people can adjust ESO to their personal needs, just because the game didn't have something you personally wanted, that means literally squat about "speaking out to make things 'better." Hell there is a crapload of things in Settings that people don't bother to even look at.

But in the end, this is ESO, not whatever you want to turn it into.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • dannmargie85b14_ESO
    Cogo wrote: »

let me help out there

Don't let there door hit ya where the good lord split ya , byby

• Veshal
    Veshal
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see some form of armor color customization. Maybe gems or items that could drop to permanently change the color and provide more variation.
    Veshal of Elderblade
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    I'm leaving I think. I'll probably try again in a few months to see if they fixed anything, but right now what I want are:

-Quest choice significance. Right now we get to choose in a lot of quests, but there are no ramifications for those choices. To make matters worse, sometimes those very insignificant choices make grouping an issue. I want choices that matter. If I save NPC1, I should be given a reason to pick them over the other guy.

-Better writing. Right now, the story is pretty well set. However, that's a bad thing. The story overall is about as bland and run of the mill as they come. "The chosen one" stories have been done....to death....and ESO is just trying to beat a dead horse right now. Future PvE content should focus more on good writing (I feel I could go to my local elementary school and ask them to write a better story and they'd do it with ease.).

-Balance. No need to explain. Vamp ulti is currently too easily abused, etc...

-Guild functions. Right now, 4 ranks (2 are leader/officer) leads to members feeling they aren't being promoted for their contributions. Guild history being so short makes it hard to see who is active and contributing and who isn't. Guild bank doesn't allow for limits to withdrawing (all or nothing and it took all of a day to see this abused).

-Vamp/WW acquisition. Currently, it's easy to grief others by killing the rare spawn to get these things, then there is no way to "buy" a bite without susceptability to scamming. Cute idea, but no long term planning by the devs.

-PvP. With the current AoE cap issue, I'm seeing no reason why PvP won't turn into the giant mass of stacking zergs and then whoever has more players wins like we saw in GW2. If I wanted GW2 PvP, I'd play GW2...it doesn't have the audacity to charge me a sub fee for bad design....

-AH/Guild store. I understand why they don't have an AH, but the current system is clunky and, even when you do figure out how to use the guild store, you probably won't find what you want. This just leads to a ton of /zone WTB X, and that is boring.

-Removal of addons that influence my gameplay when I don't have the addon. I'm talking about the ability to overwrite my chat settings to make rainbow nyancat jokes....they were never funny and go f yourself please.

-"solo" dungeons. Right now we have a lot of dungeons scattered around the map. They are anything but "solo" atm. Most of the dungeons I've done thus far (lvl 39 atm), have the path to the boss cleared and a zerg camping the boss, leading to the boss's death in all of half a second. This isn't fun, even when it isn't because of mass bots.

-customer service. I've yet to hear a single compliment and all to many complaints. If I'm paying $15 a month, I expect a certain level of service and ZOS has built a reputation around me not getting that service.

Those are just the big complaints for me. I don't expect all of them to be fixed if/when I return in a few months, but I expect some progress.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Half of these are not needed but some did make me laugh

Shift + click link ..... really how is that easier or any different than right click ??
    I think you was scrapping the barrel for that suggestion.

Mini map ... how hard is click M remember you go forward to the first turn, take the turn then do a right ? seriously its always been like this in TES unless you count reading directions from a journal in some.

DPS meters and dummies ... i think you are mistaking this game for something else, they are not needed at all nor will they enhance anything. I feel you are reaching out for something you miss, have you forgot what DPS meters do to people ?

Overall i only agree with duels for those who want the option and nameplates just because i think the roleplayers need some love, i understand for those people these are a big plus for them (i dont roleplay)
    Edited by cubansyrusb16_ESO on April 29, 2014 1:32AM
  • tdgeddesub17_ESO
    I'm leaving, not because of the little things like map and shift-click, but the vr ranks are just plain mind numbing.
    @Apricot hit on a lot of things that really bug me as well which just amplify the main problem to me, VR's.

-average 1k gold to repair and i do not die a lot

-7k + 3k to respec right now

-I don't dislike the guild store, i think its very badly incorporated and i always feel bad about using it, like its a waste of time because it takes so long to manage and causes frustration managing the many trade guilds

-selling to vendors half the crap is worth 0, the rest is like 2g - 20g. I had a blue weapon yesterday. Bound to me, vendor value = 0g.
    Hmm, wonder why people are funding the gold sellers while they run rampant through the game.

-Crafting RNG is pretty harsh for me, considering the rarity/cost of improve-mats. (I understand that it may just been my own bad RNG, but it is still my experience)

-getting stunned and just standing there, not sure if I am lagging or what the heck hit me. Hard to immediately tell the difference between stun/root and to dodge/block out of it if possible

-here is a little nit-picky one... my horse getting stuck on NPC's, having to dismount and jump because my stupid horse cant walk around a bush/NPC boss
    and guards hanging out in the middle of doorways to troll me. NPC's or player collide boxes should be a bit smaller to allow walking through a crowd a more streamlined thing. it would be great for a Assassin's Creed kind of moving through crowds, but that is asking a lot ;)
  • Zambonie
    Zambonie
    I don't understand why everyone is bashing the OP for his opinion. The OP was stating the changes he would like to see in the future if/when he comes back.

The OP asked others to share what they want to see changed, not whether his opinion is justified or wanted by others.