The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Let me get this straight, at the top rank you are forced to become a traitor?

• kevjon74_ESO
    kevjon74_ESO
    ✭✭
    Whatever bullcrap hand-waving being used to justify it we're still expected to be traitors and it's still recycling content.

This is the single most unimpressive feature of the game and one that makes me doubtful about continuing to sub once I hit 50.
    Not at all.

The veteran levels and maps are in place solely to provide the means to explore all the game's content with one character, for those who wish it. Those who don't may create new characters to explore the remaining factions. If you don't care about the remaining factions, then there's pvp and veteran-level dungeons to run.

If that's not enough for you, then I guess at that point you'll be done with the game. Hope you're taking your time and enjoying the journey while you can.
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Give this man a cookie.
    A turd cookie, maybe
    Edited by kevjon74_ESO on May 21, 2014 7:11PM
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever bullcrap hand-waving being used to justify it we're still expected to be traitors and it's still recycling content.

This is the single most unimpressive feature of the game and one that makes me doubtful about continuing to sub once I hit 50.

It's a way to play the entire game's content without having to make three characters and nothing more.

Also strictly speaking you only happen to be in an opposing faction's territory; but not contested territory. If you went into Cyrodiil and played for the other faction, I could see your argument. As it is while you're questing there are no faction alignments.
    Edited by dietlime on May 21, 2014 7:11PM
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter what alliance you play, the others all are crazed pyromaniacs and such that attack and destroy small towns and massacre civilians. It's the way they designed the game.

When I first read about veteran content, in the game hype, I thought the quests would have a different angle, and would play differently from the way you played them when playing 1-49. Silly me, eh?

When I eventually get to veteran content, I will use this philosophy:

Each faction has their area, their territory. They should be able to live there in reasonable peace, with civilians going about somewhat normal lives. (Other than all the cults, fake plagues, daedra invasions, crazed mages and such.) If another faction invades and starts destroying towns, killing civilians and such, then they are the evil ones in the situation. So if I am basically "stationed" in a faction other than my starting one and that area is invaded by some of the more violent members of my starting faction, tough on the invaders. I will defend civilians, save towns and do what I am asked to do to stop that invasion.
    Edited by redwoodtreesprite on May 21, 2014 7:33PM
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    GreySix wrote: »

There would likely still be a Confederate States of America, had General Lee not been a bonehead in Gettysburg.

Get over it. The south lost. :D

Indeed so, sir.

... but Lee was definitely a bonehead at Gettysburg.

"Attack in the middle, and they will break!"

Yeah, that's never worked in the history of tactical warfare, but it'll work for you because you're General Lee.

Oops.

I thought that was Pickett's Charge?

Still, if they had taken Little Round Top that battle would have had a much different outcome (yeah I know, woulda coulda shoulda). Fascinating to think that the (Vermont I think?) group of soldiers were able to repel Hood and his mostly TX boys from taking that hill. Pretty neat stuff.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victus wrote: »
    I thought that was Pickett's Charge?
    That certainly had something to do with it, but Pickett carried out Lee's orders.
    Victus wrote: »
    Still, if they had taken Little Round Top that battle would have had a much different outcome (yeah I know, woulda coulda shoulda). Fascinating to think that the (Vermont I think?) group of soldiers were able to repel Hood and his mostly TX boys from taking that hill. Pretty neat stuff.
    Yeah, novels have been written based off such alternate history ideas. :)

Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    You don't really turn into a traitor, you enter an alternative reality where it shows what would've happened if you washed up on the shores of another alliance.

No it doesn't. It shows the half-arsed hand-waving being done to not have to develop end-game content.

Not really...
    It was the Skyrim 2 fanclub raiding the forums and "forcing" ZOS to make it possible to "go everywhere you want" and "do every quest there is" like it was possible in the SP game.

It was not the only change because of them...

• michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    Is this true? And what the...? Treason during wartime is a death sentence.

It doesn't have to make sense, because it wasn't intended to make sense.

It's just a lazy way of 'adding more content' to an otherwise limited, and poorly designed game.