Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Let me get this straight, at the top rank you are forced to become a traitor?

SFBryan18
SFBryan18
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this true? And what the...? Treason during wartime is a death sentence.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will get the explanation once you get there.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treason during anytime is a death sentence...
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you arent a traitor, its an alternative reality.
    Its still bothering that you have to sabotage your faction, often.
    They wanted me to burn DC flags, i had to abandon the quest.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever bullcrap hand-waving being used to justify it we're still expected to be traitors and it's still recycling content.

This is the single most unimpressive feature of the game and one that makes me doubtful about continuing to sub once I hit 50.
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    The game puts it like this: your allegiance is not your choice, it's chance - based on the shore you washed upon. Would you like to experience things if you had washed upon the shores of a different alliance?

Basically, it all seemed artificial to me. I chose AD. Here's the queen. Protect her. Um, why? Frankly, with everyone wanting to kill her, I am starting to think they were right. Seems like I am among the very very few who want to see her succeed and I don't feel like I have a reason for it.

So yeah, if you wanted to feel like you belong to a faction, the story does not support you. You are a neutral being whose purpose is to save its own soul and, coincidentally, you stumble upon these people who you decide to help out because you're nice.
  • htoncic
    htoncic
    ✭✭✭
    Death sentence? Do you live in North Korea?
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the US, treason during wartime can carry a death sentence.

Do we have the option to stay at level 50?
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »

Yes and no. There's is no lvl 50. You go from 49 to V1. Yes you could just hang out there if you want, but you will not be able to do much Craglorn stuff.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No but it should be possible to get to VR10 by just pvping without ever leaving your faction... if you have a lot of patience.
    I dont know if you can get to Craglorn without clearing the Cadwell's Almanac.
    Edited by Gisgo on May 21, 2014 2:06PM
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so you don't actually have to do the quest. You can just do PvP. Can you also do PvE dungeons?
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the VR scaling that I've been reading about is true, then you will be able to do Craglorn instead of other faction content.

Myself, I think of it like the eternal champion book series. I'm the same basic person but in different lives doing the same sort of things in different places. So while version one of you might be in the Daggerfall Covenant, version two of you started in the Ebonheart Pact, version 3 in the Aldmeri Dominion.

That way nobody is a traitor, it's like playing Alts but getting to use the same character to do it.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, for those who don't know the Eternal Champion books were by Michael Moorcock... Elric, Hawkmoon, Corum, etc...
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    The funny part is when they tell me they spotted some Dominion and I'm like "Dominion? No!" while sporting the "Dominion Hero" title.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

... unless you're on the winning side of a civil war or revolution:
    • American forefathers would have been hanged as traitors had Great Britain prevailed in the late Eighteenth Century
    • There would likely still be a Confederate States of America, had General Lee not been a bonehead in Gettysburg.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely wrote: »
    The game puts it like this: your allegiance is not your choice, it's chance - based on the shore you washed upon.

Then the game is talking bollocks. Whatever shore I washed up on I'd be a Breton loyal to the DC. I certainly wouldn't be fighting against any DC forces or foiling their plots.

• Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't really turn into a traitor, you enter an alternative reality where it shows what would've happened if you washed up on the shores of another alliance.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT someone fails to realize that the petty squabbles of mortals are meaningless in the eyes of the real enemies of man and mer and misses the entire lesson Miridia hand feeds you after you knock Molag Bal down a few pegs.
    Edited by eNumbra on May 21, 2014 3:36PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who?
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame on!

Human_Torch.png
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    You don't really turn into a traitor, you enter an alternative reality where it shows what would've happened if you washed up on the shores of another alliance.

No it doesn't. It shows the half-arsed hand-waving being done to not have to develop end-game content.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it doesn't. It shows the half-arsed hand-waving being done to not have to develop end-game content.

/yes

• eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 15 separate zones, plus Coldharbour (16), plus Cyrodiil (17) and a bunch of starter islands for around 21 total zones.

I'll forgive them for thinking green and recycling.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »

There would likely still be a Confederate States of America, had General Lee not been a bonehead in Gettysburg.

Get over it. The south lost. :D
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i don't. The other zone quests are for my alts in that faction. It's not recyling - it's making me run stuff twice and in the VR case, for laughably transparent reasons.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever bullcrap hand-waving being used to justify it we're still expected to be traitors and it's still recycling content.
    Give this man a cookie.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

There would likely still be a Confederate States of America, had General Lee not been a bonehead in Gettysburg.

Get over it. The south lost. :D

Indeed so, sir.

... but Lee was definitely a bonehead at Gettysburg.

"Attack in the middle, and they will break!"

Yeah, that's never worked in the history of tactical warfare, but it'll work for you because you're General Lee.

Oops.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Give this man a cookie.

I think what he actually needs is a tissue.
  • Teverus
    Teverus
    ✭✭

Indeed so, sir.

... but Lee was definitely a bonehead at Gettysburg.

"Attack in the middle, and they will break!"

Yeah, that's never worked in the history of tactical warfare, but it'll work for you because you're General Lee.

Oops.

This thread showcases how woefully inadequate my historical knowledge is. Now I have to learn things. =(
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

You can even be called a traitor by a foreign country.
  • Rasha
    Rasha

Ummm...treason at ANY point calls for a Death Sentence

"Only in the darkness may the light be known, just as only the truly mad can ever be sane. So come Mortals, Demons and Gods, dance with me, and know the madness within!"
    ~self quote