Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

So, dungeons only have weapons as loot?

Mephos
Mephos
✭✭✭
Just a question. I was running vet dungeons quite some time now for the undaunted achivements (leveling the guild) and I noticed that dungeons almost always drop only weapons for each class.

@‌ Zenimax

Just as information. you should really add some additional armors or set parts to the dungeons that make it worth going in again and again. Not only would this increase the overall playtime that people spend in your game (therefore money for you) but it would actually make the replayability of the dungeon a lot better. If you really need to play a veteran dungeon about 10-30 times to get the achivments for undaunted guild line then it should be fun somewhere and not just a achivement grind.

also, I heard that craftable stuff will be the best in the game?
I don´t go along with that idea. Since craftable stuff is not bound to your character once you craft it, there is no real need to level up your crafting professions. Just buy it from another player that has learned all the stuff.

I think the best sets should be available in dungeons.
And you would need the 2nd best sets (craftable) to even play those dungeons.
the 2nd best set should need 6+ traits to craft so only master crafter can do that (aka people that have send a lot of time in the game)

currently there is no need to be "casual" friendly since the whole game is not designed to be easy once you reach the veteran level so why not pump it up a level and make it really challenging in the end game.

just put a VET10 (or VET12) version of magicka furnance, warlocks set (and the appropriate stamina version) in the highest dungeons to farm them.

currently I´m vet7 and still use those vet1 sets because its just better then everything else that I got so far. all other set bonus (except for the spell crit set) are nothing compared to the above sets if you do the math.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the future to-do is a way to make return dungeon trips more rewarding...(Search for "The Road Ahead")
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Psychoke
    Psychoke
    ✭✭
    The best armor at this moment is actually either from group dungeons or dolmens. The problem is that every 10-15 group dungeon runs you might get 1 of the armor pieces and with my luck i always get medium/heavy when i want light. The 8 trait set bonuses come close to what you can get from dungeons but are not quite as good.

One more thing is that when you finally get the (mostly) 3 to 5 pieces you desired from a set, it will either have not the right trait you wanted or if you're into that not the right style you wanted either.

also the best set/armor combination at this point might even be a combination of a 5 item set drop and 3 item crafted!

tl;dr: it's not worth running dungeons just for the armor, it's a nice bonus but you should not expect getting a set worth of it.

example:
    'best' set bonus for heavy armor from dungeons:
    (3 items) Adds 148 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 10 Healing Taken
    (5 items) Increase your group's health by (100)

'best' set bonus for heavy armor from 8 trait crafting:
    (3 items) Adds 119 Max Health
    (5 items) If below 50% heath, increase health regeneration by 50%
    "imagine a world without elder scrolls customer support, i can't either"
    Options
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    example:
    'best' set bonus for heavy armor from dungeons:
    (3 items) Adds 148 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 10 Healing Taken
    (5 items) Increase your group's health by (100)

got the legs and chest, deconstructed both because useless.
    also it was vet5 gear, I expect the best gear to be vet10.

max health (I´m already capped without spending 49 points into health, only 35)
    adds 10 healing taken (there is a 3 piece set bonus that does the same)
    increase group health (good bonus, but for 5 piece? not worth it in my eyes)

at the moment I wear 4 different sets (furnace, warlord, ashbringer, 10%healing set (forgot name)). The ashbringer is only for style purpose and adds a little bit more dps overall, but can be exchanged for any other 3 piece set which can be crafted (10% chance to deal fire damage, CD 4 sec, looks like he would spit flames which is pretty cool).

somehow I´m missing the really good stuff. The stuff that you really badly want.

Like:
    3 set bonus (increase magicka regen by 10%)
    4 set bonus (gives 33% magicka below 33% magicka once every minute)
    5 set bonus (increase spell dmg by 5% of your total magicka)
    7 set bonus (all spells have a 10% chance to trigger "molten shield" which gives you a 300 dmg asorb shield, every hit on the shield will cause the enemie to burn for 100 dmg over 5 seconds)

THATS something I would farm. Not the "increase health" which is already capped.

I did look into all sets and none is worth farming in my eyes. The only set that has a real purpose is the pvp set, but only for pvp.

Options
  • Psychoke
    Psychoke
    ✭✭
    Mephos wrote: »
    THATS something I would farm. Not the "increase health" which is already capped.

The thing is when you take dps over survivability i have to agree that pvp sets are way better.
    And since that is what everyone is craving for these days (you see the 10% crit sets roll out for 10k or more a piece), thats when zenimax has to start thinking is is really rewarding enough to run group dungeon, and thats a pretty big deal because in my eyes its 50% of the end game content!

"imagine a world without elder scrolls customer support, i can't either"
    Options
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    one of the problem of sets (found) is that you are forced to use the parts as they come. crafted sets have the advantage that you can adept it to your character.

it would be WAY better to not drop set parts in dungeons but to drop set recipe that let you craft a certain set. make a recipe for every slot and let people decide how they mix the sets. make those sets bound to your character when you craft them.

with that you could collect the recipe (farming would make sense) and build your own sets like you want to have it.
    Options