Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

When is my digital pre-order going to arrive in the mail? (Humor)

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been waiting for 6 weeks and the mail carrier hasn't dropped it off. Anyone else having this kind of issue?

Share here!

(Edit: Most sincere apologies for not properly tagging this as satire. It's early here and apparently that means my sense of how subtle is too subtle was off. There are some serious complaints and problems to deal with as the game approaches the end of its second month after launch, issues which arise with quite a bit of angst and vocal frustration on the forums, and humor can help people deal with the associated stress. My intent was to give folks a chance to be silly and release some of that frustration with laughter, offering responses like "When will the game be out for Windows 98?" or "Which key bindings would be best for my dog?" However, figuring out what is or isn't serious can be difficult online. Dry humor and straight jokes often fall flat. Still, here is proof that both players and the staff are often quick to respond to problems!)
Edited by tinythinker on May 16, 2014 11:12AM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if understand correctly. Are you saying you have not received confimation email with activation code for digital pre-order?
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @tinythinker‌ ,

Could you please explain your issue in details?
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_HugoP wrote: »
    Greetings @tinythinker‌ ,

Could you please explain your issue in details?

In this case a failed attempt at humor.

My apologies, but thanks for the prompt response! I kind of wish I did have an issue to have you help with, but other than the usual (a broken quest here and there, the occasional latency at peak population times in Cyrodiil), everything is working really well.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it to be quite humorous. When is my game going to start speaking to me to tell me what attack I should use and when, and no I don't want a tutorial, I want Jakarn to say, "Hey, Riana, use that overload on these guys. It will take them out quickly." *humor is what it is.*
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well first thoughts were 'Is this guy just joking or is he serious'.

Which reminds me, I have bit older pc at home and maybe I could give that to my wife so she can also play this game, how well it could run this?

133Mhz Pentium II, 32Mb memory, about 500mb HDD, I think it had some Matrox graphics card and Gravis Ultra Sound sound card. Unfortunately I would have to invest a bit into new monitor since the old CRT monitor is long gone already unfortunately. OS is Windows 98. It ran Doom, Quake, Duke, Civilization, Simcity fine.
    Options
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will run it at all. Time to get the wife a new computer.
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will run it at all. Time to get the wife a new computer.

Is it the HDD, just noticed that it requires about 60gb HDD not 60mb...silly me. Think I need new HDD.
    Options
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it to be quite humorous. When is my game going to start speaking to me to tell me what attack I should use and when, and no I don't want a tutorial, I want Jakarn to say, "Hey, Riana, use that overload on these guys. It will take them out quickly." *humor is what it is.*

"you can use overload on those cannisters to make them explode"

yeahyeah.. let's hurry this along so I can get Yvonne Strahovski to shoot you already :p

edit: removed typo
    edit 2: removed draft from earlier attempt to respond :p
    Edited by Shiaxi on May 16, 2014 12:18PM
    Options
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    133Mhz Pentium II, 32Mb memory, about 500mb HDD, I think it had some Matrox graphics card and Gravis Ultra Sound sound card. Unfortunately I would have to invest a bit into new monitor since the old CRT monitor is long gone already unfortunately. OS is Windows 98. It ran Doom, Quake, Duke, Civilization, Simcity fine.
    :O wheres the time
    god im getting old

Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    :O wheres the time
    god im getting old

Sometimes I do find my self thinking the very same. Sometimes it feels like it was only yesterday when I was living with parents and tweaking config.sys and autoexec.bat to make some game work.
    Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they supposed to send the Imperial Edition box to me even if digital purchase? Crap I registered under my GF address and now we broke up because of the game.

Guys think it's possible that I drop by her house and ask for the CE box?
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    Guys think it's possible that I drop by her house and ask for the CE box?

Or you could trick couple of nerds next door to fetch your tv... I mean CE box.

Options
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings, I am holding your digital delivery via a brand new reverse DDOS attack. Release of the packets will be done once I have been made empress in cyrodiil.
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
    Options