Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

So I finally became a Vampire

SadisticSavior
SadisticSavior
✭✭✭
As soon as I level up enough to use blood ritual, I plan on converting anyone who wants it for free, as often as I am able to. So if you are in Daggerfall Covenant, leave a message here with the name of your character in-game. Won't guarantee anything, but I plan on giving free bites as soon as I get the skill. (Remember you still have to complete the quest though...all my bite will do is initiate it)

That being said, I'd advise people to just try to do it the normal way. I detailed my experience here:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/99101/my-vampire-experience - Once you know what to expect, it is not terribly time consuming. Getting the initial bite was the hardest part.

Was not nearly as hard as I expected it to be. I know people have completed this quest as low as level 16, but I don't know how they did it. I was not able to kite very well and at level 33, the level 42 assassins were resisting my spells about half the time (maybe more). I was able to solo all the assassins, but it was not easy. At least not with the level 42 ones.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will usually shout in zone chat and hold a quick event such as guess the number or solve a riddle. I don't see the point in charging, so its nice seeing others do this
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    Have now both werewolf and vampire on 2 of my alts for the express purpose of giving out free bites when levelled, i'll probably wait til I see a WTS WW/VAMP BITE and then BOOM!!! counter that with a FREE WW/VAMP BITE FROM ME :)
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to give out free bites as well.

As for getting bitten the natural way - if you are patient, it is far easier to find a NPC vampire to bite you in the veteran zones. If you complete the main story and gain access to veteran zones, you can get to the vet5 zone immediately (enter dungeon in the zone via wayshrine and exit through the entrance). I went there and found two bloodfiend camps in 5 minutes without actually looking for them.
    Options
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    very nice of you.... to bad you can only bite once every 7 days; have been giving away bites on my AD char for 2 weeks now... would love to be able to "help" more people (in reality I just want their blood :p )
    Options
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Ive been doing this for about a month now, ever since I seen the large camp sites. Got both Vamp and Werewolf on each of my VRs.
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    I am not seeing them camped anymore...at least not by anyone trying to kill the bloodfiends. The ones that bit me were just by themselves...no one was camping them. So this may not even be necessary anymore.
    Options
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE tell me you intend to PvP - I love killing vampires. :D
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »

I might eventually. Probably not till at least level 50, and I am at 33 now.

I like that Vampires are PvP weak...it makes it more challenging.

Options
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭

They aren't.
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Zorak wrote: »

They aren't.

Silver bolts will let you ROFLstomp Vampires from what I have been told by many PvPers. Even assuming the vampire is armored against fire.
    Options
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to become a vamp, get the clock add-on, look on youtube to find the right spot. Go there at midnight. (Better to be a little early) and wait. If they don't come then keep trying until they do, then let them kill you. It look me three days following this.

There is some confusion at what time they spawn, but I think it is midnight exactly and it worked for me. But I have been told it can be any time between 12-4. It's up to you if you want to hang about or not, but I didn't.

After playing the quest and becoming a vamp I then went straight to the Mage Guild and cured that crap. Been there, done that, I have the T-shirt and still think Vamps are vermin.
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »
    It's easy to become a vamp, get the clock add-on, look on youtube to find the right spot. Go there at midnight. (Better to be a little early) and wait. If they don't come then keep trying until they do, then let them kill you. It look me three days following this.

There is some confusion at what time they spawn, but I think it is midnight exactly and it worked for me. But I have been told it can be any time between 12-4. It's up to you if you want to hang about or not, but I didn't.

After playing the quest and becoming a vamp I then went straight to the Mage Guild and cured that crap. Been there, done that, I have the T-shirt and still think Vamps are vermin.
    Mine was definitely AFTER 4am. The sky was light and birds were chirping (sun was not up yet though). And the spawn was still there after I finished the quest. No one was camping them.

I've heard about the 12-4 time thing before and I think it's a myth. It would make sense if that was the case, but thats not how they are actually spawning.
    Options
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine was definitely AFTER 4am. The sky was light and birds were chirping (sun was not up yet though). And the spawn was still there after I finished the quest. No one was camping them.

I've heard about the 12-4 time thing before and I think it's a myth. It would make sense if that was the case, but thats not how they are actually spawning.

I take it you saw them spawn? Mine came bang on the stroke of midnight. I guess nobody really knows the answer.

The clock is a funny thing anyway. The sun comes up at about 2:30am so I don't know how that works.. other than that is was pretty reliable.

I will trying for the WW soon. I'm guessing that works in the same way.
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you saw them spawn?
    Nope...they were already there. No one was around.

They may not spawn after 4am, but they are definitely still there till Sunrise. It did not look like night...it was morning right before Sunrise with birds chirping and the sky light and everything. Did not see the moons either.
    Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give free bites as well. Though you're bound to bump into idiots.

"What do you seek, child?"

"Why are you doing this? You're ruining the game for everyone who's trying so hard to be a vampire. You think it's funny to kill the spawn? I've been trying for days and it's so hard, here you are camping."

"What does this gift, this power, means to you?"

"What do you care? All you want is to kill it so everyone won't be able to get it and you can sell it high. I'm reporting you. You're a briefer and I know the TOS will get you."

/z "Free bite for anyone who wants to be a Vamp except nameofidiot. First one on top of shrine wins the bite."
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
    Options