The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My 2 cents regarding the Game

• tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    I've noticed a change in the game support the last weeks. Back in april they fixed game breaking bugs, now they stay in the game. If they don't fix major stuff anymore because they work on a long term permanent relaunch/fix then it's probably best to drop the sub untill they are ready to support the game again.

For example the bank bug is back and they don't take the game down to fix it.

They most likely fired a lot of developers as sales are not what they expected - if the sales are even remotely decent every MMO makes a big announcement bragging about how much they sold.

Thats exactly what happened to the secret world. half their dev team gone within 2 weeks of release due to bad sales, and ill be honest that game had a few flaws but no fundamental flaws like i see in this one. It just had no end game aside from 4 player dungeons (raids were coming soon). IMO it was a better thought out game then this that suffered the same fate only their downfall was lack of advertising as it was actually a very good game. This game on the other hand is riding its hype and is a way worse game, which puts it in a much harder spot to fix.

I play just about every new mmo on release nowadays and the last one i thought had a TERRIBLE release would probably be SWTOR, but i kept playing(paying sub) for that for a atleast 4months regardless. This is the first game i have cancelled my sub 2weeks in, I do like to give things a chance but this game is axactly the same from level 1-vr10 and apparently new content is just going to be more leveling??? whats the point of craglorn if you dont actually get gear out of it that makes you stronger?

People at vr10 are saying all they can do at the moment is farm mobs... thats what endgame is... and craglorn will be good for 1 play through then its back to farming mobs L O L

This game is set up in the way that the fanboys are going to make it to max level and stay for awhile then dwindle down.. no new people will join as the level cap is already absurdly high and is just going to keep getting higher with every small content update.. nobody that quit because they did not like the giant leveling process is going to come back to try future content, bevause all it is, is more leveling????

Whats the point of adventure zones? to get gear that upgrades our armor by another 2points? 2more magika? they said they dont want this game to be gear hunt.. so there's no reason to ever play something twice
    Edited by tanthil on May 20, 2014 6:49PM
  • LexonLightbringer
    LexonLightbringer
    ✭✭✭
    Why are goodbye threads against TOS? Are these not paying customers? Why does everyone bash there existence? Are those that point out TOS not themselves destroying the community by limiting an opinion on a game? Under this same logic wouldn't over promoting a game be considered Against TOS? Or is it because its negative that its against TOS?
    Edited by LexonLightbringer on May 20, 2014 6:48PM
  • copito
    copito
    ✭✭✭
    Why are goodbye threads against TOS? Are these not paying customers? Why does everyone bash there existence? Are those that point out TOS not themselves destroying the community by limiting an opinion on a game? Under this same logic wouldn't over promoting a game be considered Against TOS? Or is it because its negative that its against TOS?

more than a goodbye. this is an opinion or support for an idea that is already out there. I'm not asking for the game to be free for ever. I feel it will be fair to us (customers/players) to not pay a full price for a game with so many issues. Lower the fee of make it free of play until all major issues have been addressed. Now an MMO will never be bug free. All MMOs have then. But for ESO it hurts double cause of the name it carries "Elder Scrolls". Free to play or lower monthy fee will encourage players cause it will show that developers do care and admit that the game had a terrible start.

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    copito wrote: »
    But for ESO it hurts double cause of the name it carries "Elder Scrolls".

Sorry, but this made me giggle.
    Every Elder Scrolls game I've ever played, from Daggerfall to Skyrim has been ridiculously buggy at release. Some were -never- fixed.

Hell, Morrowind -still- chops and crashes on my new comp which could run it in sleep mode.

"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • copito
    copito
    ✭✭✭

Every Elder Scrolls game I've ever played, from Daggerfall to Skyrim has been ridiculously buggy at release. Some were -never- fixed.

Hell, Morrowind -still- chops and crashes on my new comp which could run it in sleep mode.

yeah but even with those problems. The games were/are great games. Even to the point that people on creating MODs to keep on playing. The issues with ESO are issues that have occurred on previous MMOs. The game should have been better prepared and better planned. And as I write this, another thread has been created regarding issues. They will keep on coming till a proper solution is found an applied. I think is unrealistic to expect the bot issues as an example to be solved in a week or even a month. IMO F2P or lower monthly fee will for sure ease some of us that want this project to be successful. Cause so far we are nothing but disappointed and I know I speak for many.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah but even with those problems. The games were/are great games. Even to the point that people on creating MODs to keep on playing. The issues with ESO are issues that have occurred on previous MMOs. The game should have been better prepared and better planned.

I don't disagree with you (at least as far as I quoted), and I expect changes are coming.
    I was just amused at the idea of this flawless Elder Scrolls pedigree you implied when every Elder Scrolls game ever has been buggy.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on May 20, 2014 7:35PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • ZOS_LodieA
    We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave The Elder Scrolls Online community. Copito, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now per our Code of Conduct policy on quitting/goodbye threads.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.