Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Werewolf needs to be a toggle. because honestly, why not?

Elyna
Elyna
✭✭✭✭
Think about it. When you turn into a WW, you actually lose more than you gain, you lose class skills, item swapping, CC break, dodge, and so much more. So really, why not? If its because WW lvls so easily, then make it a little more difficult to lvl with. Look at WW from a Vamps perspective, as a vampire, you can use the entire vamp skill tree whenever you want. Why wouldnt you want that? Wheres the fun in being a WW when youre just taking a 50% more poison damage 90% of the time? And when you do transform, your shackled and restricted by the game itself by putting an invisible cooldown on devour, limiting Werewolf form even more.

I seriously want some good reasons as to why Werewolf form shouldnt be a toggle.
  • Kronz
    Kronz
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - not like he is gonna maul a dk shield basher or anything.
    -
    Step 1: Be a DK and have a shield
    Step 2: Hold Right Click
    Step 3: Pump Left click until WW is dead
    Step 4: Wonder how it would have went if you could enchant your shield with poison.

You could use Dragon blood for fun but you wont need it.
    Edited by Kronz on May 17, 2014 12:24PM
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think making Werewolf a toggle is a good idea. It would fix the longevity issue but that's about all. Any additional fixes to an toggled Werewolf ability would cause serious balance concerns.

If the Werewolf had other fixes to make them actually feel like a big bad monster, then a toggle would easily make the Werewolf OP. I.e. Werewolves got a bite ability that increased health, Pack Leader had real benefits for other werewolves like life regeneration, higher stamina bonuses or anything else, or actually useful CC abilities like the Bloodmoon animation.

If Werewolf got some significant buffs, the timer auto-balances almost everything. Werewolves would be powerful in open fields with my suggestions on other threads, but useless against keep walls. If it was a toggle, then it'd be OP while assaulting keeps as well because you can just pop in and out of Werewolf form.

I'd much rather have the base timer increased, the time added through Devour increased, and more abilities added to fill the Werewolf ability bar. Increase ins survivability and longevity is what I'd much rather have. This can easily be done with my Pack Leader suggestions, and the ability bar being filled with useful abilities. And most importantly, remove the timer cap on the Werewolf timer.
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think making Werewolf a toggle is a good idea. It would fix the longevity issue but that's about all. Any additional fixes to an toggled Werewolf ability would cause serious balance concerns.

If the Werewolf had other fixes to make them actually feel like a big bad monster, then a toggle would easily make the Werewolf OP. I.e. Werewolves got a bite ability that increased health, Pack Leader had real benefits for other werewolves like life regeneration, higher stamina bonuses or anything else, or actually useful CC abilities like the Bloodmoon animation.

If Werewolf got some significant buffs, the timer auto-balances almost everything. Werewolves would be powerful in open fields with my suggestions on other threads, but useless against keep walls. If it was a toggle, then it'd be OP while assaulting keeps as well because you can just pop in and out of Werewolf form.

I'd much rather have the base timer increased, the time added through Devour increased, and more abilities added to fill the Werewolf ability bar. Increase ins survivability and longevity is what I'd much rather have. This can easily be done with my Pack Leader suggestions, and the ability bar being filled with useful abilities. And most importantly, remove the timer cap on the Werewolf timer.

A toggle gives us a slot (so to speak) to have out own unique ultimate. That alone adds a huge amount to anything given the power of ultimates in the game, speaking generally. Just because there is a toggle (again, in theory) doesn't mean perma-wolf - it just means possibly adopting another play style whislt opening other doors.

At least thats how I see it.

• WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »

A toggle gives us a slot (so to speak) to have out own unique ultimate. That alone adds a huge amount to anything given the power of ultimates in the game, speaking generally. Just because there is a toggle (again, in theory) doesn't mean perma-wolf - it just means possibly adopting another play style whislt opening other doors.

I see. In that case I completely support having the Werewolf be a normal ability to open up our Ultimate ability.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »

No it should be permanent once you go wolf and if you exit you need to build 500 ultimate to go back into it. As a werewolf you can't resurrect other players, self heal, CC break, dodge, weapon swap, use other class/weapon skills.

• biodragon
    biodragon
    ✭✭
    I basically agree with that but...
    No self heal? Then what is point of devouring ?
    Edited by biodragon on May 18, 2014 6:12PM