Could a sexier crafting motif be made?

simontheriault1b16_ESO
I am actually playing a character in medium armor. In lower levels, I obtained a near perfect sexiness balance level on my character by mixing Wood Elf and Argonian armor. The issue that I'm encountering is that by advancing level, the armor cover too much my character for my tastes and for my character type.
I'm not speaking about skimpy or a near nude armor, something balanced. Could it be solved by adding specific crafting motif for players like me who enjoy seeing a little bit of skin on my character? Am I alone thinking that?
I just love chaos!
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of us would like this as well. Light and medium armors that cover up every inch of skin are not even practical.. especially in the tropics. Argonian, Khajiit, Wood Elf and High Elf especially should have more skin bare.
    Options
  • simontheriault1b16_ESO
    Even looking at other races, Nords and orcs got barbaric side that renders pretty well with a less covering armor. Dark Elves race has a close relation with fire resistance and lives near volcanoes, and... naturally relating to TESII Daggerfall lore , they are also promiscuous...
    What I meant is more revealing armor at a point like it is sober. We already had nice exemples in-game: lower level argonian and wood elf. I just want to be expand to more styles and continue to keep that style leveling up without breaking the look.
    I just love chaos!
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I obtained a near perfect sexiness balance
    *cringe*
    Options
  • simontheriault1b16_ESO
    uncomfortable?
    I just love chaos!
    Options
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus...
    I mean...
    Normally it's the argument, that the baring more skin, while *** inspiring, is not a logical choice of armour... or lack there of...

But I see here that the opposite argument is attempting to be made...

So while I like your initiative... you are wrong..

Edit...
    Wow, so I can't say Bone with an 'r'?
    How those bots doing ZOS? At least you got the auto-censor at a good place o.O
    Edited by Carnage2K4 on May 20, 2014 2:49PM
    Human Infant Connoisseur
    Options
  • Arsvita
    Have a couple of threads on this concept.

First one I found was second by same OP, but this is the second one I found so the first by that OP. :cold_sweat:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89473/lack-of-skimpy-armor/p1

I can get the second thread, but once I pointed out it was just that ....
    No new posts were added.

Hope there are not too many more new threads made on the same topics. My eyes get burned out of my skull, the cats play with them, and I have a heck of a time getting them readjusted. :wink:

edit: forgot to put in link. :confused:
    Edited by Arsvita on May 18, 2014 5:38AM
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at VR6 you get the seducer costume which is pretty good for what you are looking
    Options
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    I think a lot of us would like this as well. Light and medium armors that cover up every inch of skin are not even practical.. especially in the tropics. Argonian, Khajiit, Wood Elf and High Elf especially should have more skin bare.

Would we really...I doubt it. TBH some of us actually play the sex we are in RL. We've moved past the adolescent need to pretend to be female when MMO'ing.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
    Options
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    Barbarian is also very revealing (and in my subjective opinion, quite sexy).

That said I'd personally have my light ARMOR covering every inch of my skin.
    Options
  • ZachBora
    ZachBora
    Ruddertail wrote: »
    my light ARMOR covering every inch of my skin.

Light is really just clothes, not armor...
    Options
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »

Would we really...I doubt it. TBH some of us actually play the sex we are in RL. We've moved past the adolescent need to pretend to be female when MMO'ing.

Actually it is in lore. Like Almalexia's mighty Battlekini, and I have to agree with the OP. This is needed or some wardrobe/transmog option.

It is atrociously discriminatory that men in this game expose more skin than women. This is a cry for equality!
    Options
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    ZachBora wrote: »
    Ruddertail wrote: »
    my light ARMOR covering every inch of my skin.

Light is really just clothes, not armor...

It's clearly armored clothing if you look at it, especially the dunmer set. Just lightly so.
    Options
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting as a whole needs a lot more attention. A lot of the styles are too similar. I don't want to reveal more skin. But I'd like to show off distinguishing features I made my character with.
    Options
  • simontheriault1b16_ESO
    The thing is that I play for entertainement, immersion is cool but I don't pay for roleplaying. I would like to at least have the choice to keep my character sexier during all my play throught. I'm also cool with the fact that it is not imposed to people who want to be immersed in and don't like sexier armor. I am a paying subscriber on a M rated game, so I think it's appropriate. That's why I think a crafting motif with on purpose sexier is a solution, those who don't want it nor play with people who use it will have the choice.
    I just love chaos!
    Options
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a LOT of possible motifs for the future:

Guilds:
    - Thieves Guild uniforms
    - Mages Guild uniforms
    - Fighters Guild uniforms
    - Dark Brotherhood Uniforms

Faction Specific:
    - Covenant Army uniform
    - Pact Army uniform
    - Dominion Army uniform

"World":
    - Bandit
    - Dwemer (pseudo-elven style in golden coloring through all levels, a little bit of steampunk touch wouldn't hurt.. animated spider shield would be cool - Dwarven Mechanical Equipment by Nez)
    - Glass (CAN be really sexy, if they won't create an abomination like in past TES games)
    - Townsfolk (what ordinary people would use... like, a metal barrel for a chest piece and a bucket for a helm :D... or to be more realistic, some rusty old armor that doesn't fit together even with it's own "set", since every piece was taken from a different corpse :D)
    - Skaal
    - Mithril

Various pseudo-army organizations:
    - Worm cult
    - pretty much every different Daedra cult

Options
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    just a little thing... why add tatoos and body marking if none of them is visible over lvl 40? (unless you use barbaric... that is the only style that show a bit of skin...)

there is quite a lot of style that reveal arms... or either lower addomen or a bit below the neck in the early levels... I loved going around in either bosmer or red guard light armor and show off my awesome body marking... than I leveled up... and they got covered :°°°
    Options
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could it be solved by adding specific crafting motif for players like me who enjoy seeing a little bit of skin on my character? Am I alone thinking that?

No, not if they want the keep this game part of Elder Scrolls universe
    Options
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    Ragefist wrote: »
    Could it be solved by adding specific crafting motif for players like me who enjoy seeing a little bit of skin on my character? Am I alone thinking that?

Again Skimpy sexy outfits are part of ES Universe.

Expose #1:
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/085/0/b/Better_Almalexia_by_plangkye.png

Now that I think about it, she does look like Princess Leia :open_mouth:

Expose #2:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/subrosa_florens/oblivion/dsgs04.jpg

This last one is ingame but they added pants and more stuff in the breastplate.
    Edited by Frinkles on May 19, 2014 3:43AM
    Options
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    Frinkles wrote: »
    Ragefist wrote: »

Again Skimpy sexy outfits are part of ES Universe.

Expose #1:
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/085/0/b/Better_Almalexia_by_plangkye.png

Now that I think about it, she does look like Princess Leia :open_mouth:

Expose #2:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/subrosa_florens/oblivion/dsgs04.jpg

This last one is ingame but they added pants and more stuff in the breastplate.

Worth noting is that Almalexia was a demigod who didn't exactly need armor, unlike the player.
    Options
  • Ibura
    Ibura
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe,I'm all for clothing patterns that still show something of your tattoos or scarrings, they're too beautifull to be hidden completely. Why be able to choose them when you can never enjoy their sight?
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is that I play for entertainement, immersion is cool but I don't pay for roleplaying. I would like to at least have the choice to keep my character sexier during all my play throught. I'm also cool with the fact that it is not imposed to people who want to be immersed in and don't like sexier armor. I am a paying subscriber on a M rated game, so I think it's appropriate. That's why I think a crafting motif with on purpose sexier is a solution, those who don't want it nor play with people who use it will have the choice.
    Me having to look at you is imposing in and of itself. You getting to run around in a metal bikini with full armor tanking giant Daedric horrors is the same thing as you walking into a tavern, finding two role players and interrupting their conversation with "HI IM A CHARACTER IN A VIDEO GAME NONE OF THIS IS REAL"
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought i'd leave these here...

Skimpy-Armor-Regret-Decision.jpg
    7253d1386216871-no-girls-allowed-pointless_armor-men.jpg
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »

TBH I play female characters because generally the male ones seem designed for the macho-male or macho-male wannabe, there's only one male head/hairstyle that remotely looks 'average' .. apart from the beast races where I have makes in each because male big cats are more awesome to look at than female kitties .. besides, I usually prefer starting a a female's butt all day rather the a male's, guess it takes all sorts.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 19, 2014 1:36PM
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    Just thought i'd leave these here...

Skimpy-Armor-Regret-Decision.jpg
    7253d1386216871-no-girls-allowed-pointless_armor-men.jpg
    LOL, the first one came to mind when my level 6 Templar got a heavy armour body that left her lower-abdomen expose like a window .. stupid design.

I don't mind 'sexy' but frankly it's rarely 'realistic' and bare skin seems to be simply their to titillate the pubescent male section of the players .. those who seem to like running their character around in just their underwear, make or female.
    Options
  • simontheriault1b16_ESO
    Me having to look at you is imposing in and of itself. You getting to run around in a metal bikini with full armor tanking giant Daedric horrors is the same thing as you walking into a tavern, finding two role players and interrupting their conversation with "HI IM A CHARACTER IN A VIDEO GAME NONE OF THIS IS REAL"

So why that way of playing is more valid than my way of playing?
    It is fantasy roleplay not historical recreation roleplay last time I checked.
    Even then:

http://www.gamesradar.com/gamings-most-impractical-suits-armor-metalworker-weighs/

Full metal big volume tank armor seems impractical IRL also. So the realism argument seems out of line for me.
    I just love chaos!
    Options
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I don't mind 'sexy' but frankly it's rarely 'realistic' and bare skin seems to be simply their to titillate the pubescent male section of the players .. those who seem to like running their character around in just their underwear, make or female.

You are talking realism on a fantasy game within Fantasy Lore. There's a bunch of excuses to make sexy = realistic, it makes you more flexible, faster, its enchanted so that it can take more damage, or flat out your character is made of steel. Choose one and make yourself believe it.

If you want an equal comparison compare the traditional Greek Hoplite, to how the movie 300 depicted Leonidas and his Spartans. AND YET, no one cries foul for THEIR skimpy armor...

http://www.functionalfitnessva.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/300-Leonidas-B.jpg

Its in lore, you are not forced to wear it, if you don't like it, and there is the demand for it.
    Options
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    Whats wrong with more attractive looking armor?
    You remember the boxart of Elder Scrolls: Arena? Or even some of the screenshots. Same with Daggerfall.

Light armor in ESO looks terrible to me, that's why I run around with heavy chest and legs.
    I don't want anything skimpy, but something that looks like what the elf sorceress is wearing in the ESO trailer would be nice.

But even before that, the looks of the veteran armors have to be improved.
    Options
  • ToxicCosmos
    ToxicCosmos
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the idea of getting to wear a little less to show off body markings - as long as the armor isn't pasties and a leaf. My character has some tats I really like that you can only ever see around her neck. Problem is, what kind of armor would tastefully show this off without being, well, gross, and still come off as useful? I haven't the slightest clue. But as long as the armor isn't lewd, I'd be OK with it.

On the other hand, I'd also love to see things go in the other direction where the armor isn't form-fitting: no chest windows and no boob plates.

Maybe what I really want to see is a setting of some sort that lets you click a box for the type of armor you want to wear - lighter (where you can show off your tats and whatnot), normal (what we have now), and more realistic (no form-fitting).
    Options
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is, what kind of armor would tastefully show this off without being, well, gross, and still come off as useful? I haven't the slightest clue. But as long as the armor isn't lewd, I'd be OK with it.

armor of invisibility gone wrong; turned the armor invisible but not the person :p

Options
  • Thalmar
    Thalmar
    ✭✭✭
    As everyone who contribute in this discussion will realise some people like while others dislike skimpy or full body covered clothes. People have different opinions about many subjects, the good thing is we do not need to agree with everything, this makes life a little more exciting and not boring. "Option" and "tolerance " are the keywords. No one have to do somehing in a computer game if they don't want to, but not to let others do what they want to is just cruel. You don't need to like everything, let others like what you don't.
    Options