Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Why are you nerfing Flying Blade?

Crescent
Crescent
✭✭✭✭
If anything you should bring the cost down for Hidden Blade to the same cost as Flying Blade and up the damage for the other morph for the stamina it costs.

Flying blade is the only competitive damaging skill a stamina based DW build has...

If you are going to nerf Flying Blade and leave it as a utility skill, then you need to substantially buff Flurry/Rapid Strikes.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they want to bring dual wield damage back in line with other melee weapons.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Maybe they want to bring dual wield damage back in line with other melee weapons.

Into the garbage bin you mean, considering 2H is worthless, destro staff is worthless outside impulse, and bow has no viable aoe either so it's a kiting single target weapon that also happens to be subpart to a class skill spam build.

• Rhythmic
    Rhythmic
    ✭✭✭
    As DW user i'm saying:
    Flying blade spam was absurd,but they should increase cost instead of nerfing damage.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the change would be fine if they at least buffed rapid strikes to do actually more damage than heavy atatck spam with DW. And Whirlwind did damage on mobs above 50% hp.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina skills needs buffing not nerfing :(
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Flurry needs help. Just feels like a junk single target version of Templar Jabs that's only good for getting you killed.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems a bit stupid, basically no weapon skills are going to be worth using and all we are going to do is use class skills and maybe some stamina......maybe. Really they are going to have to buff something in dual wield if they do that or its just plain useless like the other weapon lines! Its not that dual wield is too good(I laugh at the thought) its that the other melee options just dont cut it. I think weapons are just going to be stat sticks if they go about nerfing things no one ever complained about. I dont think I have once seen a "nerf dual wield thread". HA they would have been laughed right off this site saying stupid stuff like that.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, honestly, I'm not impressed with ANY of the weapon skill lines, when you only have 6 actives on your hotbar, I just don't see them stacking up against the other options. I know some people have successful builds with a weapon skill or 2 on there, but for the most part weapon skills just seem like utility skills more than anything. But that's just me.
    Artists and Theives...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok this really makes me angry, im very dependant on my flying blade as a duel wielder dagger user and im allready garbage at damage so i depend alot on the flying blade to help me.
    my damage as duel wield is just plain weak and to make worse us nightblades are just easy to kill because of our squishyness.
    if they nerf the flying blade damge that would just make me a target for pvp points, and a target to not be wanted in pve for dungeons are even quests because i would allways need to be resurected.
    im furious and angry about this hearing that flying blade is going to have damage reduction, where did u hear this from?
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about it like this: if they nerf weapon skills into the ground(they are already there DW was the only decent one, not really that good but decent) everyone will roll Crystal Spamming sorcs... so they will be easier to balance.

As for Rapid Strikes... right now not only does it suck as it does less damage compared to the Heavy Attacks while using up a lot of stamina but it also bugs out and makes your character unable to attack... they really wanted us to get the message i guess: go ranged magical dps or die.