Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Ultimates always use all the Ultimate. Bug or Intended ?

Uviryth
Uviryth
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

when I activate for instance my Atronarch, which costs 200 Ultimate, and I have 500 Ultimate at the time, it always uses up all the ultimate, down to Zero.

Is that a bug or intended?
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intended. Consider how OP it would be if you could store up Ulti points and unleash consecutive Ultimates on an enemy player, or how almost any PvE encounter could be trivialised in the same way.

(Also this should be in Class Skills.)
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on April 11, 2014 2:21PM
  • Zaldoras
    Zaldoras
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely, I've had a bug where using Storm Atronach didn't take up my entire Ultimate pool, and I was able to drop 2 Atronachs on a boss. Not sure how I did it, I just did.
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    It's intended. Ultimates are meant to 'charge'. The resource is just an implementation of that.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mh, okay, I get the point with it being OP.

I asked because the Toggle-Ultimate "Overload" doesnt use all the Ultimate, just the amount you spend while its active.

I thought that would be the same thing with the other ultimates.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If thats the case, why cant I use an ultimate before the bar fills? If it costs 200 and I max at 500, it wont let me use it until 500.
  • madvikingub17_ESO
    madvikingub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there is a misprint in the tool tip.. That it actual is suppose to cost 500.
  • Lenthas
    Lenthas
    It actually sucks for 2 hot bars where one is a short ultimate (radial sweep from templar) and my other being Nova, if I charge my nova and then use radial sweep, my nova also resets to 0. I guess its ...intended obviously, but man it forces you to have either 2 short ultimates, the same ultimate on both or 2 long ones so they charge fairly equally.

Im no asking to charge my radial sweep and spam it while charging my nova on the background, but I also hate to charge my nova, use radial sweep (for the armor btw), and nova is reset, it should drain what I used and when I switch back to it be at 50% or something.
  • Rach71
    Rach71
    I guess why raise max ultimate? If i must wait for to max out before i can use it, and it always uses it all on use (regardless of the tooltip) at that point you just increasing the time between uses are you not?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to mention sorc power stone passive. Reduce cost of ultimate by x%. If its going to use all ultimate and require it to be full before using, why have it?
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    If thats the case, why cant I use an ultimate before the bar fills? If it costs 200 and I max at 500, it wont let me use it until 500.

Sure about that? If it costs 200, it should fill up at 200. If you slot an ultimate which costs 500, it will fill up at 500. You fill up a less costly ultimate faster, so you can use it more often, that's the point.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    Zaldoras wrote: »
    Strangely, I've had a bug where using Storm Atronach didn't take up my entire Ultimate pool, and I was able to drop 2 Atronachs on a boss. Not sure how I did it, I just did.
    You were likely generating more ultimate while your atronach was active. I often use my ultimate more than once on boss fights.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's a shame that the only ultimate that can actually use ALL the points is the crappiest one - Death Stroke - which costs 50 ultimate, but even when using 1000 it still deals pathetic damage.
  • darkdruidssb14_ESO
    darkdruidssb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    Well, it's a shame that the only ultimate that can actually use ALL the points is the crappiest one - Death Stroke - which costs 50 ultimate, but even when using 1000 it still deals pathetic damage.

Almost 1 shotting things from stealth is completely pathetic, I agree.
  • dc1509
    dc1509
    ✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Not to mention sorc power stone passive. Reduce cost of ultimate by x%. If its going to use all ultimate and require it to be full before using, why have it?

Indeed. Something is wrong with the ultimate consumption. The Atronach is taking all the available ult no matter how much you have collected.

Need to test it a bit more to be sure. Can't check/test from work.

And I have the mentioned passive ability.
    truth is born in disputes
  • makong
    makong
    ✭✭✭
    If you intend to use an ultimate use it once it is fully charged. The point of ultimate being able to charge past 100% is that there are OTHER ultimates out in the world that cost significantly more (Werewolf ultimate).

There's no reason to charge past 100%. The only reason you're able to is because other ultimates cost more.

Ultimates do not need a rework.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »

Almost 1 shotting things from stealth is completely pathetic, I agree.

1000 ultimate used to kill a SINGLE NORMAL MOB is still pathetic, even if it was 1shot.
    Especially when you can do the same damage with a single Surprise attack for a small magicka cost. AND if you fail to 1-hit (never happens with caster mobs at VR4+, where it's damage suddenly jumps from 400 crits to 1200+ crits due to really weird scaling issue (aka from lvl 30 to VR2-3 seemingly deal the SAME damage) you still at least stun the guy for 3 seconds.