Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Suggestion for more weapon skills.

Spottswoode
Spottswoode
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm fine with the current skills the way they are set up, but I would very much like to see something that is a middle ground between one hand and shield and two weapons. Specifically, I would favor a one handed weapon style (we'll call it dueling for the sake of description) that focuses on counter attacks, dodges, and swift strikes. It would be a style that favors engaging opponents one at a time.

Secondly, I would very much like to see unarmed return. It could have the lowest dps, but if it could focus on trips and stuns it would be sufficient for most uses.
Edited by Spottswoode on April 7, 2014 5:25PM
Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
Steam Profile
Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
Current main PC build:
i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
32gb RAM

Laptop:
i7-7700HQ
GTX 1060
16gb RAM

Secondary build:
i3 2330
GTX 660
8gb RAM
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote no against unarmed. I quit WoW when they added stupid Monk crap class. If I ever see Monk style people in ESO I am SOOOOOO done.

I would like to see my weapon types, not skills. For example, two handed swords that a smaller and faster than greatswords, but do less damage of course. Greatswords are cool, but to big for any Ranger style play that wanted to use 2H.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If spellcraft (that will be added soon) is the ability to make scrolls to cast this could be the no weapon that you mention.
    Let wait and see
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spears. That is all. Put them into woodworking, it's the perfect solution.
    Edited by Rosveen on May 16, 2014 1:21PM
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spears would be just generic one/two handed weapons with different animation set. What you mean are Javelins, which would turn out to be crap I bet.

Unarmed on the other hand was always a solid choice in TES universe - a few quick punches to drain enemy's stamina to zero, then finish him off while he can't even swing his weapon right... those 3 unarmed argonians in Oblivion's Arena were dreadful opponents :D . Although there are a few mechanics that make it highly improbable and weak:
    - weapon "power" attacks no longer cost stamina in ESO, so even with zero stamina, you can still cut effectively
    - mobs group up - while it's easy to beat a single mob with fists to the death, I really doubt you'd do any damage to a group of 3-7 of them..
    - lack of stats - heavy armor doesn't increase your unarmed damage, etc, lack of enchants, and a lot more..

Crossbows would be safer bet.. but I guess noone liked my idea of a REALLY different weapon mechanics, based on enchants and reloading:
    [skill line idea] Crossbow