Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Deadly bash ?

jimfopao2
jimfopao2
It appears that deadly bash is not working on my shield skills anymore. I use Invasion a lot which I thought was the bash line. Since no passives seem to refer to any actual abilities we have by name this is a guess. I used to be able to get a few of these off which let me lock down a group of 3 and hold them while I slowly chewed through each one. Today I am out of stamina immediately. I can't hold anything anymore.
The tooltip for skills shows the full cost of a skill I think and not the actual cost after all effects are taken into account. If it costs 392stamina AFTER a 50% reduction then god help anyone who uses it without.

So my questions are:
Is deadly bash actually supposed to work on invasion ? (I thought it did but I could be wrong.) If not then what does it work on ?
Do tooltips ever actually update to take into account modifying abilities/skills/gear ?

I just discovered after 5 chain deaths on content I used to be able to do that my monitor cannot sustain 5 punches without releasing a potent aroma of overheated electronics and tripping out the houses breakers.
$400.00 later I can see again.

WTF is going on ?
  • jimfopao2
    jimfopao2
    OK so after posting this I logged back in and everything works again.
    Instead of 392stamina it now says 353 which factors in my 10% reduction from another skill passive and I can now get off many more invasion skill uses. I can take more than 3 hits without dying and all is good.

What I can say is that without a shadow of a doubt my passives WERE NOT working at all.

Is this a known issue ? I logged back into my corpse after buying a new monitor and still had whatever issue it was previously so it was persistent through relogging at least once.

Anyone have an idea ?
  • chaosme
    chaosme
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere on these forums that sometimes passives fail to work after your character dies until you relog. Though it doesn't appear to happen all the time, it could have been what occurred for your case.
  • jimfopao2
    jimfopao2
    Thanks. I relogged as a corpse and had this bug which went away after relogging alive.
  • gloryhammer
    gloryhammer
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, i have similar problems too (not using bash) - after I die and respawn some buttons do not work - weapon sheathing and switching. Passives are gone too. Relog solves it.