Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Templer - Rune circle - make it a buff/aura or bigger

Mephos
Mephos
✭✭✭
I totaly get how rune circle is intended to work. stationary defense where you get more healing (if skilled). however, this game is VERY movement heavy which means I constantly need to recast the rune circle or just leave it away. Classes like sorccerer and DK have buffs/armors that they cast and they stay with them if they move.

Can you either consider to

a) increase the size of rune circle at least double or tripple?
b) make it a aura/buff that is casted on the player (make passiv applie to the aura/buff)

or either one other solution then this tiny ring^^

Thx, btw. This is not important, please fix first all broken quests so that I can go from vet5 to vet6 ^^
  • Erotes
    Erotes
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that something needs to change. This skill is so boring and not very practical. If the range was increased and it buffed allies by a percentage of the buff on caster it might be worth slotting.
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    The magicka regen amount from Channeled Focus needs to be increased so it's an active magicka regen skill as well. I've got the skill ready for a morph, but there seems to be little point unless they're going to drastically improve it. It doesn't even get slotted now that it's been skilled up a bit.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit I was surprised how small it was, it's very small. It would be nice if it was the same size at the fighter's-guild ground ward.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    actually I would prefer if it was a buff like DK armor buff or bone shield or mage armor. As a temp you don´t have any mobile skills. We should not be stationary all the time by staying in this small circle.
  • Travail
    Travail
    ✭✭✭
    I get that they want it to be a circle, and that's fine. I actually quite like the idea of Templars having to operate within an area of protection they create for themselves. That's an interesting mechanic, somewhat like the Monk from Dungeon Defenders.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Blood Altar's or Cleansing Ritual's circles, because they are large enough to be manageable. If they increased the size of the ring of Rune Focus to that of Blood Altar (and increase Circle of Protection's ring, while you're at it) Rune Focus would be a fine ability.

Casting rune Focus should also behave like Blood Altar. What I mean is, Blood Altar hits the ground where you are currently standing at the END of its cast. Because Rune Focus is instance cast, though, it actually hits the ground wherever you were standing at the START of the animation. If you are running in any direction, you will run yourself completely outside of the circle offered by Rune Focus by the time you can actually see where the circle hit the ground. This makes it incredibly unwieldy, forcing you to stand still during the cast animation. Either make the ring appear instantly at the very start of the animation, or have the ring show up based on my character's position at the end of the animation. The way it works now is clunky.

-Travail.
    www.obsidianbrotherhood.com
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    I have to agree with the argument that it should simply be a buff.
    As it stands, DK And Sorc can both tank in cloth armor and still hit the armor soft cap just by using their buff. Templars cannot, without recasting the rune every 3 feet when attempting to move.
    The only choice for a templar is to tank in heavy armor and just eat the massive mana hits and tiny mana pool that come with it.

Hell, keep it as a rune for all I care, just have it attached to the player and not the location where it was cast.
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    another solution would be to make the rune circle buff you for 5-7 seconds. so you could leave the circle for a short time, still have your armor/spell resist and then go back to refresh or recast the rune circle. this would make moving a lot easier, also you could cast the rune circle for a short buff like for example the heavy armor buff spell.