Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Introduce some 48 hour TOTAL RESET campaigns NOW for the non exploiters

Dleatherus
Dleatherus
✭✭✭✭✭
48 hour campaign - TOTAL reset - not just AP and leaderboard - but the ENTIRE map - keeps, scrolls, etc

let the exploiters and 'set up repeatable scout quest' farmers do what they want for the remainder of this round of 90 day campaigns - you guys at ESO can work on that as your time and priorities allow - we know you don't want it or encourage it

PLEASE let those of us in ALL factions interested in fierce competitive PvP on a legitimate basis, the opportunity to battle it out and keep the action and leaderboards 'fresh' before too many get discouraged and throw in the towel

try it with just ONE - see the result - you already have the possibility for 48 hour campaigns from PTS (though they weren't entire resets)

everybody and anybody has a chance to fight for the throne, and scout quest farming, ninja scroll taking and ninja keep flipping that is frustrating a large part of your player base, though not eliminated, would be harder to accomplish/have a true influence

ty

D.
Edited by Dleatherus on May 13, 2014 9:11PM
Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Lucardes
    Lucardes
    ✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    48 hour campaign - TOTAL reset - not just AP and leaderboard - but the ENTIRE map - keeps, scrolls, etc

let the exploiters and 'set up repeatable scout quest' farmers do what they want for the remainder of this round of 90 day campaigns - you guys at ESO can work on that as your time and priorities allow - we know you don't want it or encourage it

PLEASE let those of us in ALL factions interested in fierce competitive PvP on a legitimate basis, the opportunity to battle it out and keep the action and leaderboards 'fresh' before too many get discouraged and throw in the towel

try it with just ONE - see the result - you already have the possibility for 48 hour campaigns from PTS (though they weren't entire resets)

everybody and anybody has a chance to fight for the throne, and scout quest farming, ninja scroll taking and ninja keep flipping that is frustrating a large part of your player base, though not eliminated, would be harder to accomplish/have a true influence

ty

D.

Good luck, because ESO's pvp ain't going to change, you can leave with me
    Lucefer
    #1 Sorcerer in EP Dawnbreaker
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lucardes‌

unlike yourself, i ain't leaving - i just know from talk within my guild, and talking with some other guild leaders, the frustration for SOME people is reaching stage critical - for most of the others it's frustrating and exasperating but they'll hang in

the solution i propose is to turn the frustration and exasperation back to FUN - i think it's why many of us choose tospend time here in the first place

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on May 13, 2014 9:42PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Reducing campaigns to maybe 30 days instead probably would be better, also exploits are being looked into, but first we got to have the core PvE game in order first, so people can progress without being forced to PvP, chances will come... vampires exploit got fixed for starters, give them a break or something lol... stuff is happening, keep in mind there is several million ways of building a character in this game, nuking obvious exploits will take a little while as they are uncovered, people using them for starters should mention how it work and that it should be fixed.

Bugs are minor in this game here for starters...well no MMO has successfully launched being all perfect, would take a couple of months, since not many got to test the veteran ranks and the likes in beta either.

• Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it's time to get some new and exciting PvP campaigns into the game.
    Hopefully this change will take place when they update the cost to change campaigns, I'd love to guest in a high-action PvP campaign with constant resets.
  • Crazz
    Crazz
    Soul Shriven
    With 200 players in the alliance i speak for, i say : Let's do it !
    48 hours campaign with full reset.

With this i can :
    - Organize event
    - CTA
    - Speak with other guilds in other faction when to fight then compare who has the biggest ...

If you are agree with the idea of Dleatherus VOTE "AGREE" on his post !
    Crazz,
    Indivisible Alliance [FR] | PR,
    War Legend Community | Officer,
    Join the fight : Ally or Ennemy you'r welcome in our embassy.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucardes wrote: »
    Good luck, because ESO's pvp ain't going to change, you can leave with me
    You've been saying "I'm leaving" for about 2 weeks now. Can you get on that?
    2309444-theres_the_door_now_get_the______out.jpg
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might actually bother with PvP if they did this.
  • maholi
    maholi
    ✭✭✭

ty

D.

I am trying to understand what you mean by ninja scroll taking and ninja keep flipping.

• Cheapshot
    Cheapshot
    ✭✭
    @Dleatherus don't worry you kinda turned EP and DC into desert towns you dont have any competition so why worry about it. Just because you're rank #2 doesnt change the fact that your the emperor with no threat to the throne.

I mean there are ways to threaten the throne with a few "creative" cough tricks but it appears you got people chilling inside afk. <--- very creative though i likey
    Edited by Cheapshot on May 14, 2014 1:04AM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ninja keep flipping and ninja scroll taking are where some members on one alliance will exploit some intended game mechanics with an enemy alliance toon(s) in an unintended way, being able to get a team of their players inside the inner keep to either capture the keep or steal the scroll without having fired up until then a single shot at a wall or door - in the case of ninja keep capture they actually have to set a ram up inside the inner keep to hit the door from the inside to put the keep in under attack mode and flip the flags within 2 minutes after that

exploitable scout quest farming occurs in an unpopulated campaign and one alliance owns that map - the exploiters will typically have friends/alts in an enemy alliance take a resource at one of the keeps you can fast travel to, and then will farm and farm and farm the scout quest, the amount of AP/gold they get from this is insane, not to mention getting to the top of the leaderboards in an at best questionable manner

there are several other AP exploits that are being used, including in our campaign - but that should at least give you a start

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cheapshot‌

actually nope, EP and DC turned skull crusher into a ghost town by running off, when the going got tough - but if you can - let's leave that debate for the several already existing skull crusher threads where that debate and crying is already going on

this thread is a suggestion on how TO have a balanced campaign, not WHY an existing campaign is unbalanced

your constructive contribution to this thread is appreciated as equally as your other constructive comments on the other threads

ty

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Cheapshot
    Cheapshot
    ✭✭
    @‌Dleatherus fine fine fine i'll give you this ONE thread outside of here I consider you my enemy and the greatest threat to the Force. May the darkside reside in you and umm... long live the king of Westeros

did i RP that right?
    Edited by Cheapshot on May 14, 2014 1:17AM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cheapshot

most gracious of you M'Lord *bows with a flourish of his hat*

was that ok cos i don't RP either?

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• maholi
    maholi
    ✭✭✭
    ninja keep flipping and ninja scroll taking are where some members on one alliance will exploit some intended game mechanics with an enemy alliance toon(s) in an unintended way, being able to get a team of their players inside the inner keep to either capture the keep or steal the scroll without having fired up until then a single shot at a wall or door - in the case of ninja keep capture they actually have to set a ram up inside the inner keep to hit the door from the inside to put the keep in under attack mode and flip the flags within 2 minutes after that

exploitable scout quest farming occurs in an unpopulated campaign and one alliance owns that map - the exploiters will typically have friends/alts in an enemy alliance take a resource at one of the keeps you can fast travel to, and then will farm and farm and farm the scout quest, the amount of AP/gold they get from this is insane, not to mention getting to the top of the leaderboards in an at best questionable manner

there are several other AP exploits that are being used, including in our campaign - but that should at least give you a start

D.

I don't understand why they would need to set up a ram on the inside. A castle goes under attack if you kill an NPC (if the wall is down)... but since I have never seen this behavior I might just not understand it. heh.

edit again. NM I think I understand what you are saying.

Edited by maholi on May 14, 2014 1:28AM
  • Cheapshot
    Cheapshot
    ✭✭
    I plead the fifth
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    I like the long campaigns.

in DAoC there was no "end" it is only because of recent mmos people feel things have to end.
    Igolbug
    V10 R20 Nightblade Ebonheart Pact
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • kellemdros
    Is not a bad idea (allow short length campaigns) (a week maybe? 2 days are too short). At least while you balance the difference in population someway...
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igolbug wrote: »

in DAoC there was no "end" it is only because of recent mmos people feel things have to end.

personally i'd like to see a permanent never ending campaign - but long campaigns + folks using exploits to get to the top of the leaderboards, exploits to flipkeeps/scrolls etc would ruin such a thing atm

hence the suggestion

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of the leader boards, reward keep keeping initially more than keep taking, continually rise the reward for taking a long kept keep. Do the same on player level. No need for a timer. That setup will explode once in a while all by itself.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    I think what we need to see is something like Planetside 2. When you log into the megaserver you see population levels for all three factions in percentage of current pops. The faction/s with lower population get an xp/ap boost to them based on how much population they are down by. Then on top of that when you enter a Cydrodil campaign your xp/ap bonus gets adjusted based on your factions population levels in said campaign. In this way low population factions at the time will give more incentive for people to play them.

Going to make up some numbers as an example, EP has 20% of the server population at the time I log in. I get a 30% xp/ap boost and then I decide to go into SKullcrusher campaign when the AD have a mass zerg going on. So, now EP might have another 20% population level for this campaign, and therefore I would gain a 60% increase in xp/ap gain. Now let's say I go too a campaign where EP is zerging and they have like 80% of the population, I would gain let's say a -40% xp/ap debuff. Well, since that would negate my 30% xp/ap gain I got from Megaserver population imbalance, but since you don want to punish people I would just be at 0% xp/ap boost. Therefore you always at least earn normal xp/ap rates.

If this was implemented you would see the campaigns and maybe even the megaserver population even out a lot more, because people would try to move to where the bonuses are.
  • maholi
    maholi
    ✭✭✭
    Just so you know the AP points on NA/DB show that the lowest pop already gets a huge boost to AP. AD which has the highest population only has like 2 people in the top 10 while EP and DC are top.
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    maholi wrote: »
    Just so you know the AP points on NA/DB show that the lowest pop already gets a huge boost to AP. AD which has the highest population only has like 2 people in the top 10 while EP and DC are top.
    That doesn't show that lowest pop gets an AP boost, but that EP and DC are able to farm AP better than AD in that campaign.
  • Soban
    Soban
    ✭✭✭
    Terminus wrote: »
    I agree, it's time to get some new and exciting PvP campaigns into the game.
    Hopefully this change will take place when they update the cost to change campaigns, I'd love to guest in a high-action PvP campaign with constant resets.

Agreed. I'd love to fight alongside/against whatever guild you're in? What guild are you in again?
    <BiS>
  • Cheapshot
    Cheapshot
    ✭✭
    ADD the walking through wall bug to the list of ways to steal the scroll. Got glitched and i could walk through keeps and take scrolls. @Dleatherus‌ To note i died afterwords, reported it and submitting video to show to the devs. Hopefully that gets fixed would hate to see a luvboard emp go through a wall
    Edited by Cheapshot on May 14, 2014 8:42AM
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    Igolbug wrote: »

personally i'd like to see a permanent never ending campaign - but long campaigns + folks using exploits to get to the top of the leaderboards, exploits to flipkeeps/scrolls etc would ruin such a thing atm

hence the suggestion

D.

Not sure who you are referring too, but the top4 on Wabbajack NA haven't exploited at all and are 7-8m points. They have actually been increasing points FASTER since the vamp fix.
    Igolbug
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cheapshot‌

yeah - we have submitted video of a DC nightblade doing that yesterday and stressed that from what we saw that it was a glitch and that the individual in no way exploited it

@‌Igolbug

I am referring to underpopulated campaigns (which is the majority of campaigns) where scout quest farming, and/or sitting solo in a keep and having an alt/friend on an enemy toon hit a 50% wall once, stow away the weapon - keep goes under attack, you get the Ap for the successful defence of a keep - keep goes out from under attack - buddy shoots one shot - rinse and repeat

busy campaigns like wabbajack typically wouldn't see this kind of exploiting - so much action going on that you can earn more AP legitimately

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on May 14, 2014 11:09AM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    @Cheapshot‌

yeah - we have submitted video of a DC nightblade doing that yesterday and stressed that from what we saw that it was a glitch and that the individual in no way exploited it

@‌Igolbug

I am referring to underpopulated campaigns (which is the majority of campaigns) where scout quest farming, and/or sitting solo in a keep and having an alt/friend on an enemy toon hit a 50% wall once, stow away the weapon - keep goes under attack, you get the Ap for the successful defence of a keep - keep goes out from under attack - buddy shoots one shot - rinse and repeat

busy campaigns like wabbajack typically wouldn't see this kind of exploiting - so much action going on that you can earn more AP legitimately

D.

Except the way I have seen defense points be rewarded you have to kill someone. When my friend and I defend keeps it basically adds up all the AP gained from the people we kill, and if we successfully defend the keep it adds all that AP and splits it between whoever is at that keep evenly.

So if a guy is just putting it under siege I can't imagine his buddy is going to get very much AP with nobody being killed.
    Igolbug
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    180,000AP during a 7 hour stretch when the campaign was DEAD and not so much as a single resource, let alone keep, was flipped - is serious AP in a campaign where the average AP was about 30,000/day and that average is taking into account the BUSY times, not the DEAD ones

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZeniMax doesn't need to do anything until next 90 day campaign is up. It is too far into the first campaign to make hasty changes.

People need to just start ignoring claims to nerf or merge servers... if your server is a problem just leave. THis game isn't won on the first campaign: Relax... take a breath and just play the game.
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on May 15, 2014 1:56PM
    Indeed it is so...
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeniMax doesn't need to do anything until next 90 day campaign is up. It is too far into the first campaign to make hasty changes.

People need to just start ignoring claims to nerf or merge servers... if your server is a problem just leave. THis game isn't won on the first campaign: Relax... take a breath and just play the game.

they have to do something when THIS 90 day campaign ends, not the NEXT one

you miss the whole point of the suggestion -adding a 48 hour campaign isn't a change - it's an option where exploiting etc would be of little effect since at worst it all gets reset in 48 hours at max so who cares

D.

Dleatherus VR10 Templar