Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Werewolf possibly the most useless thing in the game?

ImaginaryDimension
ImaginaryDimension
✭✭✭
Why is it just SO bad? You need stupid amout of ultimate just to transform, then you have a timer that ticks down in next to no time unless you constantly eat your enemies dead corpses and even then it doesn't last long.

It's useless for pve and even more useless for pvp. Since this game has been out I have not seen one single person using werewolf in pvp.

Some possible changes:

Grants player 50% extra health.
Immune to knockback, stun, stumble ect
Take 50% more damage from magic, 50% less damage from melee.

and instead of having it so it takes 10 minutes to charge ultimate for 15 seconds of nothing. Reduce ultimate cost by 50% and increase the timer to 30 seconds.

Remove the devour crap all together. Nobody has time to stop and take a bite out of dead players on the floor while in the middle of a siege getting black *** poured on you.

Obviously the changes will need more thought that what I have just said but for the love of everything holy, buff that thang soon please.
Edited by ImaginaryDimension on May 13, 2014 7:41AM
  • Deloria
    Deloria
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. I think part of the problem is that players expect werewolf to be like Vampire was: An overkill mode. Lorewise WW is supposed to be an underdog in some ways..

WW should be a minority of the population. It got a bit silly when EVERYBODY was vampire, for example. If WW becomes "Too good" we get another hysteria on the servers where everyone wants to be one...

Werewolf is supposed to be a different way to play - not better - just different. Vampire is now kind of returned to no longer being the uber thing it was, and suddenly no-one is buying vampire bites for 20000 gold any more: Its still useful to those that can make use of its skills whilst living with its disadvantages - and WW should be like that as well.

Like your comment about devour: Its not just about how useful it is - its about if you remove feeding what was the point of being a WW? Some of these skills are not just about function, but also the role you take. Its an RP thing.

Another thing is: I understand that some of the WW skills are a little "disappointing" compared to the kind of stuff WW-players want, but really if you read these forums, most everyone is saying that about their skill lines: I am a NB archer at VR10 and frankly I wish I was doing twice the damage, just to keep up with the other classes. I get outgunned by sorcs in their 30's and 40's.

So - I have no doubt WW skill lines feel a bit meh right now and feel unbalanced. I think they Zeni get round to the obvious ones when they have the time for it, but I don't think anyone should be surprised if they take an executive decision to keep WW (and Vamp) a little underpowered, so that they remian exotic, rather that popular, choices.

• ImP
    ImP
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed.

Also add the Pursuit Passive Ability for both forms (human and WW) and add animation like in Skyrim:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Tg3Q1fogE#t=126
  • ImaginaryDimension
    ImaginaryDimension
    ✭✭✭
    Deloria wrote: »
    I disagree. I think part of the problem is that players expect werewolf to be like Vampire was: An overkill mode. Lorewise WW is supposed to be an underdog in some ways..

WW should be a minority of the population. It got a bit silly when EVERYBODY was vampire, for example. If WW becomes "Too good" we get another hysteria on the servers where everyone wants to be one...

Werewolf is supposed to be a different way to play - not better - just different. Vampire is now kind of returned to no longer being the uber thing it was, and suddenly no-one is buying vampire bites for 20000 gold any more: Its still useful to those that can make use of its skills whilst living with its disadvantages - and WW should be like that as well.

Like your comment about devour: Its not just about how useful it is - its about if you remove feeding what was the point of being a WW? Some of these skills are not just about function, but also the role you take. Its an RP thing.

Another thing is: I understand that some of the WW skills are a little "disappointing" compared to the kind of stuff WW-players want, but really if you read these forums, most everyone is saying that about their skill lines: I am a NB archer at VR10 and frankly I wish I was doing twice the damage, just to keep up with the other classes. I get outgunned by sorcs in their 30's and 40's.

So - I have no doubt WW skill lines feel a bit meh right now and feel unbalanced. I think they Zeni get round to the obvious ones when they have the time for it, but I don't think anyone should be surprised if they take an executive decision to keep WW (and Vamp) a little underpowered, so that they remian exotic, rather that popular, choices.

I highly doubt any person here choses to play a WW because they get a cool animation of eating a dead body -_- people choose WW because it looked fun to play.

But where is the fun in spending 15 minutes to build up ultimate, for 15 seconds of use? 10 of which is spent chasing your enemy in pvp.

I'm not asking to make WW over powered... obviously I just want it buffed so that it's worth wasting 15 minutes of ultimate on. I am a WW so I am not meant to have lots of skills, 2 skills are just fine but I really think they should just remove the devour thing, or keep it just for fun if that is what you're into and put a timer on WW so that once you transform, you can use it for 30 seconds or 45 seconds.

At least this way you get time to enjoy being a WW before it runs out.
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf possibly the most useless thing in the game?

Yes.
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • theinsaneb16_ESO
    WW is how it is intended some ppl like it and some dont its defenitly not useless
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deloria wrote: »

Right, because my WW character needs 925 ultimate to activate and has only 2 skills from the allowed 5 to be used, where none of them are damage dealers or provide healing in WW form.

My WW is used for show now, nothing special, it really is a Meh thing.

mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • htoncic
    htoncic
    ✭✭✭
    Or, instead of a timer, change the ultimate to be like Overload. Toggle it on, and the attacks you perform now drain ultimate instead of generating it. Once you run out, you revert to normal, or you can toggle it off.
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    It is true that many people I've met, as werewolves seemed disapointed with it.

It could only be from the constant wet dog smell, and the added expanses from flea collars though, rather than from the skill tree :).
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolves are not useles the fur keeps you warm in winter. ;)
  • Mech0311
    Mech0311
    lets keep it consolidated so they have one thread to look at, post here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73523/the-werewolf-is-riddled-with-bugs
  • Hexagar
    Hexagar
    ✭✭
    Seriously lore wise werewolves are savage supernatural beings with super power... ESOs werewolf is weaker than a wild chicken. .. no survivability , no aoe dmg while the overall single targed dmg is too low... add to this that u waste an ultimate slot that charges once every 20-25 minutes for just 40 seconds of an under powered lesser form...
    Edited by Hexagar on May 13, 2014 9:46AM
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    No, pets are the most useless. They take up bag space too :(
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The duration of werewolf (ww10) form is actually 40 seconds. You can stretch this time by eating HUMANOID corpses, wich are not that plenty around or jumping at enemies with morphed leap for another 4 seconds each leap..
    Edited by Cyrdemaceb17_ESO on May 13, 2014 9:38AM
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    The duration of werewolf (ww10) form is actually 40 seconds. You can stretch this time by eating HUMANOID corpses, wich are not that plenty around or jumping at enemies with morphed leap for another 4 seconds each leap..

aye, which would be well and good, save you must still spend 5-10 real minutes to get to the Ulti, then for the average person its 30 seconds, coupled with only two skill, one is an attack, the other is a fear. Plus you must be at range to use the only attack you have...
    Aye devour adds time, but you are totally vulnerable while eating, ( which actually makes sense ) you get no return on HP, and the animation is as long as the time it adds, which cannot exceed your 30 to 40 seconds.
    Now you must run and find a target to find, more often than not running out of time just as you get in the fight, and suddenly your helpless again as you change back..
    Add in the broken morphs, IE Packleader.
    Granted it WOULD be a fun thing, and a switch to be WW if it worked, along with actually being able to be one for any amount of time.
    Oh, and cant forget, the fact that on some days you cant transform at all due to the ulti being broken and you lose all your ulti points by walking from point A to B, wayshrine, or even just going to the bathroom and returning to see you have none available, for reasons to still be explained.

• ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. We wanted to let you know that we've moved this thread from the Support forum to the World Skills forum. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • PurpleFox
    PurpleFox
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. We wanted to let you know that we've moved this thread from the Support forum to the World Skills forum. Thanks!

No Tristan...no
    IGN: Sophie Daedric-Heart
    Class: Night-Blade
    Pack Master of Hircine's Wolfpack
    Don't Sell the gift, instead, give the gift.