The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Werewolf is riddled with bugs.

Ace_SiN
Ace_SiN
✭✭✭✭
Playing as a werewolf has shown me that it was obviously a late development thing. There are too many bugs and questionable game design choices, like not being able to break CC in a game with no CDs, that greatly hurt the user experience. It's obvious that it didn't go through much testing and was rushed to meet player demand.

I don't hold that against ZOS. I just hope they are aware of the issue that is plaguing the Werewolf and will have it fixed soon.

Bugs:

1) Pounce can cause your character to get stuck in a kneeling position. The only way to fix it is by wasting a potion or some food.

2) The pathing for Pounce is very bad. One moment it will reach running targets and the next it will go to the location the target was at when the skill was activated.

3) Roar is unresponsive. In the middle of combat it takes about 2-3 seconds before you roar. This makes interrupting an opponents skills with it near impossible. On the other hand it makes combat as a werewolf feel clunky.

4) Werewolves are NOT affected by an allies buffs. At least not all of them. For example, Rousing Roar, from a werewolf ally, will not increase my damage output if I'm transformed(though the effect will be displayed on my werewolf).

5) The buff "Call of the Pack" also does not show up on my character list as a Werewolf. Considering how fast my WW timer goes down, I'm not convinced my werewolf is being affected when rolling in a pack.

6) Pack Leader(morph) can not be sustained. It randomly breaks and forces you back into human form. However, you can still use your werewolf abilities.

7) I assume the ultimate gain for pack leader should be a passive. Since there is no point in increasing an allies ult gain if they are werewolves. I have not noticed any increase when running with a Pack Leader.

8 ) Werewolf Berserker(morph) does not increase attack speed with each hit consistently. It starts to speed up, but then it slows back down. It feels clunky and sometimes unresponsive.

9) Infinite Devour. If you break your devour animation, before it finishes, you will receive extra WW time without the body being considered "devoured". I see no problem with this bug currently, but if WW is ever fixed this could be game breaking.

Game Design Flaws:

1) CC can't be broken. There is no way a Werewolf can be a major threat when you can chain abilities that have no cd.

2) Too much reliance on stam abilities without an effective way to lower the costs. Vampires have high costs, but are able to lower them by spell cost % AND increasing their stages. Werewolves should have something similar. Reduce stam cost as you get "stronger" for some additional cons.

3) The Bleed effects on your claw attacks, for Berserker, does not scale well. Does an extra 10 damage means nothing when fighting another player.

4) Pack leader needs more than an ult gain. There is no reason to pass up the increased DPS for a "pack". The Pack leader should add another buff that only affects himself and Berserkers. This way it doesn't become op and force a pack to be all pack leaders.

5) 1000 ultimate is way too much of a requirement. This should be lowered to 700. By going through "stages"(again similar to vampires), that amount should be lowered to about 400-450.

6) A werewolf character throws away his/her entire build just for 2 abilities. That's a major problem. Werewolves should get a full bar of skills including an ultimate.

7) There is no effective way to sustain yourself in a fight as a Werewolf. You're only able to use potions which is not meant to be the primary way of support in ESO. Devour is easily broken and requires you to to through an entire animation. We need abilities that allows us to get HP back mid fight.

8 ) The werewolf timer is way too short. In just 1 engagement you'll be close to changing back. As long as I'm fighting I should be able to maintain my form. High costing abilities like Feral Pounce is not a viable way.
Edited by Ace_SiN on April 25, 2014 6:41AM
King of Beasts

• Embercraft
    Embercraft
    ✭✭
    ^^ THIS!!!!! QFT....and ...

There is absolutely no indication that you're coming out of the transformation so consequently you're dead if you're at melee with more than one mob...because if you are while you're stuck during the un-transformation animation, you're helpless as your being pummeled to death.

I don't see any advantage to being a werewolf whatsoever right now. You get no bonuses while you're in humanoid form, you work your ass off for 1000 ultimate points so you can transform for 60 seconds (or whatever the timer is set to, it's horridly short). Then ..nothing.

I can't express how exceedingly disappointed I am right now with this implementation vs the fun I see the vamps having everywhere. So personally I'm shelving my wolf until they get this right.

I remain hopeful that they'll rethink this skill line and give us some sort of "pro" to being a werewolf instead of the multitude of "cons". The trade-off just isn't worth it.
  • Embercraft
    Embercraft
    ✭✭
    oh...and...

I don't know if it's a bug or working like it's supposed to...but my ultimate bar will fill up, and then if I don't continue killing things, after a very short time it will completely reset itself to 0.
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    Bumped because so much truth in this.
    Zenimax needs to revamp Werewolf, but more importantly FIX PACK LEADER. I rolled it to be a nice guy to other Werewolves and I get f**ked for it. Can never feed and don't get the benefits on Berserker.
    Edited by Mustaklaki on April 9, 2014 6:24AM
  • grvsoldier
    I spend so long building up my ultimate bar to transform, but I have noticed that sometimes it will reset to zero with one of the following:

Go into or out of a place that requires a load screen

When I log off or client crash/unknown error

When there is a npc conversation

This makes it a pain for me to level up the skill line and I have /bug it.

Other than the one previous post is this happening to a lot of you?
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    grvsoldier wrote: »
    I spend so long building up my ultimate bar to transform, but I have noticed that sometimes it will reset to zero with one of the following:

This has happened to me since Early Access on ALL of my ultimates.
  • ReiOni
    ReiOni
    I agree it needs something. Shoot if they take out the +50% poison damage to werewolves it might be enough of an improvement. I know there needs to be some sort of negative but it needs some improvements for sure.
    Edited by ReiOni on April 10, 2014 1:39AM
  • XShadesX
    XShadesX
    i agree with this 925 ulti for what 30-60secs? and devour by the time you finish with devour animation u actually lost timer not gained. they need to revamp werewolf atm is useless.
  • cheeser123
    cheeser123
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's quite a detailed suggestion.. maybe Bethesda should be paying you. As a werewolf, I assume you accept raw meat as a form of payment.
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    grvsoldier wrote: »

I have had my ult reset after being out of combat for 5 mins. Then the next moment I will still have it after sitting idle for much longer. The randomness of the reset made me consider this a bug and not working as intended. It's similar to the vampire bug that used to randomly reset the vamp stages.

This happens for any ultimate, but it's a lot less tolerable when you have to build up 1000 ult for a skill.
    King of Beasts

• Darkholynova
    Ultimate resets are not a WW specific bug, but certainly feels more painful to a WW.

Honestly WW doesn't feel overly powerful compared to the drawbacks we're going to suffer in pvp. Everyone is going to do 15% more damage to us thanks to a Fighter's Guild perk, not to mention an additional 50% from poison which archers can easily apply.

From an end game pvp perspective, you take more damage from everyone and gain an ultimate (which will take you an unreasonably long time to build up in a pvp scenario) that makes you lose all your survivability/crowd control/healing/snaring abilities to do slightly more damage as a melee berserker... if you live long enough to catch someone and don't get snared/CC'd/kited.

From an end game pve perspective, you'd best not choose to tank if the enemies are going to do poison based damage. Seriously, if you're a werewolf tank you're simply not going to be able to do certain bosses if they have large poison based attacks. Though arguably, vampire tanks have it worse... but at least they get that reduced damage taken at lower health buff which makes them rather good at tanking so long as fire isn't introduced into the equation.

I realize this just a skill line, not an entire class... but right now it's little more than a clunky vanity skill with massive drawbacks that will screw you over for pvp and generally frustrate you with all the bugs and glitches it suffers from.
    Edited by Darkholynova on April 10, 2014 7:12AM
  • XShadesX
    XShadesX
    i wish we could get an official reply in here, maybe somethign along the lines of "We have plans to make some changes to werewolves/vamps" then again i been stuck with my vanity pet since day one and all i get from customer support is a bot response.
  • donzeacub17_ESO
    While I agree with most of the Werewolf Design Flaws (Thank you for writing that), I will only report on bugs for now. I am a rank 6, character lvl 48.

1) I have not experienced this yet
    2) I have not experienced this yet (The opposite actually, pounce pathing has been solid for me)
    3) Agreed, though I am not sure this is a bug, maybe more of a design flaw as it feels like the effect is on the back end of the roar animation, instead of on the front end.
    4) I havent had a chance to test
    5) I agree, I have not noticed any improvement with Pack
    6) Agreed, I even respeced to get to Berserker because of this.
    7) I havent had a chance to test
    8 ) I agree, this doesnt seem like a consistant gain to me either.

Additional Problems:

-Devour! Only about 1 out of 4 human mobs that I kill are eatable. And some times I can eat 1 corpse more times.
    Edited by donzeacub17_ESO on April 10, 2014 3:26PM
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    Great information here, it shattered my role play dreams of becoming a She werewolf and running around the country side. 60 seconds of being a werewolf after 1000 ultimate is way too much of a requirement, That's like have sex and the guy is done in 60 seconds and you have not even had a chance to get started!! =^>,.,<^=

A werewolf character throws away his/her entire build just for 2 abilities. That's a major problem. Werewolves should get a full bar of skills including an ultimate.

The werewolf timer is way too short. In just 1 engagement you'll be close to changing back. As long as I'm fighting I should be able to maintain my form. High costing abilities like Feral Pounce is not a viable way.

There is no effective way to sustain yourself in a fight as a Werewolf. You're only able to use potions which is not meant to be the primary way of support in ESO. Devour is easily broken and requires you to through an entire animation. We need abilities that allows us to get HP back mid fight.

Too much reliance on stamina abilities without an effective way to lower the costs. Vampires have high costs, but are able to lower them by spell cost % AND increasing their stages. Werewolves should have something similar. Reduce stamina cost as you get "stronger" for some additional cons.

This is just a recap on things that kill it for me to bump this important post to keep it in the face of the developers on the front page so they can fix these issues.
  • donzeacub17_ESO
    "Victoria_Marquis;596368"
    A werewolf character throws away his/her entire build just for 2 abilities. That's a major problem. Werewolves should get a full bar of skills including an ultimate.
    I totally agree. I am hoping that as time goes on, we can get something for those slots. Even if just more passives.

The werewolf timer is way too short. In just 1 engagement you'll be close to changing back. As long as I'm fighting I should be able to maintain my form. High costing abilities like Feral Pounce is not a viable way. I totally agree that is it too short, but at lvl 48, I can spam Feral Pounce quite a bit.

There is no effective way to sustain yourself in a fight as a Werewolf. You're only able to use potions which is not meant to be the primary way of support in ESO. Devour is easily broken and requires you to through an entire animation. We need abilities that allows us to get HP back mid fight. Not sure I agree here. Maybe a little more fast healing passive, but i dont wanna be a magic casting wolf. I wanna run around and bite! Maybe an ability that bites is the ticket! Stamina costing bite that heals!

Too much reliance on stamina abilities without an effective way to lower the costs. Vampires have high costs, but are able to lower them by spell cost % AND increasing their stages. Werewolves should have something similar. Reduce stamina cost as you get "stronger" for some additional cons. No opinion here
  • syeates
    syeates
    This is a post the devs need to focus on! Id like to think the WW should be scary in the game not a hindrance, the 925 Ult requirement is too much! and the attacks that constantly bug out is annoying as well, im not giving up hope though, i know ZOS will fix this thats why im not curing myself yet of lycanthropy. But kudos to the author of this post, Great job!
  • tokyov
    tokyov
    ✭✭
    This has all been bugged for MONTHS (I was/am a psijic tester). Same as vampire skill line. Good luck getting it fixed.
  • Lucian_Star
    yes i agree, they need to Fix this asap.
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    Once this werewolf bugs are fix my husband & I would live to have someone on the Ebonheart pact embrace us into the path of the Goddess Luna. "syeates" what faction are you?
  • PurpleFox
    PurpleFox
    ✭✭✭
    April 11 2014

As a WW myself, I totally agree, as for the build problem, if you focus not on your magika abilities, but instead on your physical attack ones, being a stamina heavy powerhouse works well.

I do agree however that they NEED to fix pack leader :'(
    How am i suppose to aid my team in battle when i keep reverting back to human form, with the timer stopped! :neutral_face:

I can deal with bugs, but when my entire reality of the fact that WW is absurdly broken, makes it hard to keep liking this stuff *Sigh*

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt here and say that while I do think they should keep the patches coming, they are most likely working on the 1st, and 2nd zones first, if the majority of the community makes it further, i'm sure the reapers marsh/ Harborage bugs will be fixed...

As for the whole +50% poison thing...bomser is the best class to be WW.
    I personally use...
    +1057 natural
    +340 from Arthiels ring
    +330 from Valenwood Heartleaf
    So even with the debuff thats 863.5 resist
    By that logic its very easy to actually resist poison... so I would agree with having a skill line that increases health in exchange for more poison debuff, maybe one that decrease dmg taken from the fighters guild as well.

As for the powers, i'm in the same boat, 2 powers? REALLY?! Anyway here are some powers i thought of.
    1. Bloody Claws- Similar to the duel wield power flurry but MUCH more powerful
      Morphs:
      -Rapid Strikes, Increases attack speed of all attacks after.
      -Pounding strikes, Can interrupt spells and stun
    2. Incapacitation- Has an animation where you duck bite and enemies leg, immobilizing them for 4-5 seconds
      Morphs:
      - Bestial Hunger- Knocks down and devours the opponent, doing some serious damage and reducing their healing for 5-10 seconds
      - Leg Tear- Increases the stun time to 10-12 seconds, making it wise for hunters to hunt as a team, less getting ripped apart.
    3. Hercines howl- Summon 2 Wolves to fight (Wolf's Level with the player's level)
      - Mighty Howl- Summons 2 Werewolves to fight, however it cannot be used withing a curtain radius other players (To prevent everyone from spamming it and tripling the numbers)
      - Call of the Hunt- Spawns 4 wolves to fight

I also have some passives
    • Moonlight- Does more dmg at the nightime while outdoors. 3 stages.
    • Hercine's Embrace- increases your max hp by 50% while in WW form, second is 100% more. 2 Stages
    • Primal rage- Increase attack speed and reduces cooldown by 5%, 10%, & 15%. 3 Stages

Devour i agree needs to replenish ALOT more on the timer, and not be so buggy about it either.

EDIT: 7/18/14
    All my guild members have quit the game, and soon so will I, as such the guild will be handed over to someone who wants the name, but also wants to keep the code of not selling the gift alive.

I'm also Hosting a WW only guild :smile: for those Werewolf's who share my thoughts on the fact that the "Gift" is not to be sold on the market like some rare item. Its an Altmeri guild, Hercines Wolfpack

In-Game i'm
    Sophie Daedric-Heart if you want to join just send me some mail :smile:

EDIT
    5/8/13
    Ok so a lot has happened since i posted this and the thread took off :)
    Firstly, the guild above, we are now accepting all races and alliances...so long as you stick to the creed, anyone is welcome :)
    Secondly, I'm starting to believe that ZoS doesn't really care about their furry friends at this point, just look at the craglorn patch, what are we getting really, a patch for one single, solitary perk. Nothing to help us with cc, nothing to help us with ultimate resets...we get NOTHING...I'm going to keep this short so it doesn't take up the entire page. I just wanted to let the world know that, at this point, I have given up hoping that they will fix it....

Anyone looking for a "Ultimate reduction" cost should
    try doing what i do when i go wolf, equip a
    "Dragons" heavy armor set and combine it with the "Savors hide" set.
    reduces the ultimate cost to a minimum of 435.
    Edited by PurpleFox on July 18, 2014 6:36PM
    IGN: Sophie Daedric-Heart
    Class: Night-Blade
    Pack Master of Hircine's Wolfpack
    Don't Sell the gift, instead, give the gift.
  • Taranri
    Taranri
    Thank you for making this list, I really hope ZOS sees it and fixes the bugs that affect Werewolves.
  • Lucian_Star
    PurpleFox wrote: »
    As a WW myself, I totally agree, as for the build problem, if you focus not on your magika abilities, but instead on your physical attack ones, being a stamina heavy powerhouse works well.

I do agree however that they NEED to fix pack leader :'(
    How am i suppose to aid my team in battle when i keep reverting back to human form, with the timer stopped! :neutral_face:

I can deal with bugs, but when my entire reality of the fact that WW is absurdly broken, makes it hard to keep liking this stuff *Sigh*

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt here and say that while I do think they should keep the patches coming, they are most likely working on the 1st, and 2nd zones first, if the majority of the community makes it further, i'm sure the reapers marsh/ Harborage bugs will be fixed...

As for the whole +50% poison thing...bomser is the best class to be WW.
    I personally use...
    +1057 natural
    +340 from Arthiels ring
    +330 from Valenwood Heartleaf
    So even with the debuff thats 863.5 resist
    By that logic its very easy to actually resist poison... so I would agree with having a skill line that increases health in exchange for more poison debuff, maybe one that decrease dmg taken from the fighters guild as well.

As for the powers, i'm in the same boat, 2 powers? REALLY?! Anyway here are some powers i thought of.
    1. Bloody Claws- Similar to the duel wield power flurry but MUCH more powerful
      Morphs:
      -Rapid Strikes, Increases attack speed of all attacks after.
      -Pounding strikes, Can interrupt spells and stun
    2. Incapacitation- Has an animation where you duck bite and enemies leg, immobilizing them for 4-5 seconds
      Morphs:
      - Bestial Hunger- Knocks down and devours the opponent, doing some serious damage and reducing their healing for 5-10 seconds
      - Leg Tear- Increases the stun time to 10-12 seconds, making it wise for hunters to hunt as a team, less getting ripped apart.
    3. Hercines howl- Summon 2 Wolves to fight (Wolf's Level with the player's level)
      - Mighty Howl- Summons 2 Werewolves to fight, however it cannot be used withing a curtain radius other players (To prevent everyone from spamming it and tripling the numbers)
      - Call of the Hunt- Spawns 4 wolves to fight

I also have some passives
    • Moonlight- Does more dmg at the nightime while outdoors. 3 stages.
    • Hercine's Embrace- increases your max hp by 50% while in WW form, second is 100% more. 2 Stages
    • Primal rage- Increase attack speed and reduces cooldown by 5%, 10%, & 15%. 3 Stages

Devour i agree needs to replenish ALOT more on the timer, and not be so buggy about it either.

I'm also Hosting a WW only guild :smile: for those Werewolf's who share my thoughts on the fact that the "Gift" is not to be sold on the market like some rare item. Its an Altmeri guild, Hercines Wolfpack

In-Game i'm
    Sophie Daedric-Heart if you want to join just send me some mail :smile:

i like this idea. i will send you an invite request later today
  • Hilandra
    Hilandra
    ✭✭
    +1 topic
  • syeates
    syeates
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    syeates wrote: »
    Darn Hubby & I are on EbonHeart pact we cant meet up for a bit ;)

We have to find someone on EP who is willing to do the ritual for us and not exploit us for thousands of gold that we will never have lol. Not sure how people get 50-100k in gold, but between trying to get binger back pack, bank & mount space and crafting our armor every two levels we seem to have about 500 gold left on us at any given time lol.

• casselna_ESO
    casselna_ESO
    ✭✭
    Directed at the title:

Those bugs are known as fleas.
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs are bugs, and need to be fixed...

But beyond this I keep getting the impression that werewolf/vampire players think they should be stronger than non 'corrupted' players...

I dunno, maybe that was the intention from the game developers, but I thought we were meant to be playing a balanced game... not twlight.
  • syeates
    syeates
    @WilliamTee‌ to be fair we are squishy already against poison attacks and WW transformation takes up an ulti slot, vamps and WW are part of elderscrolls lore, and for some of us who enjoy the look and feel of being a WW these bugs bring more unfair disadvatage of being one.So what im trying to say is we should atleast have a few perks to make being a WW worthwhile.
  • Darkholynova
    WilliamTee wrote: »

But beyond this I keep getting the impression that werewolf/vampire players think they should be stronger than non 'corrupted' players...

I dunno, maybe that was the intention from the game developers, but I thought we were meant to be playing a balanced game... not twlight.

The 50% extra damage from certain damage sources is fine... but in pvp it's a bit odd to punish people who have WW/Vamp by giving every one who's started the fighter's guild quest line a powerful stun against us PLUS ensuring anyone higher level is doing 15% extra damage with any attack against us due to the passive.

I thought the purpose of the WW/Vamp skills is to add variety, not add a mandatory way to be more powerful? If that's the case, then shouldn't we expect not to be weaker because of it?

This isn't a bug and we're getting off topic. We should keep in mind the game is a week old and it's going to take time before they can properly balance skill lines and combinations for end game pvp/pve.
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    WilliamTee wrote: »

Honestly I do not wish to be stronger than the non corrupted. Vamp/Werewolf needs to have some thought provoking cons to prevent it from becoming mandatory.

However, I do want the Werewolf to be balanced, viable, and worth the cons it brings with it. If a Werewolf can be CCed and kited without much effort, then let me near 1 shot everyone so I can at least kill one of them. At least then the 925 ult and the short timer will also be arguably reasonable.

Currently there are 0 reasons to be a werewolf besides RP and the "cool" factor. The bugs prevent the werewolf from being playable, while the flaws prevent it from being practical. 1 Dragonknight can completely lockdown an entire pack with 1 skill. Heavy Burst damage also destroys Werewolves because we have no way of effective recovery or damage mitigation.

The werewolf skill line is nowhere near reasonably balanced, in its current state.

Edited by Ace_SiN on April 11, 2014 11:13PM
    King of Beasts

• krilleyy95
    krilleyy95
    ✭✭
    Sooo.... TL;DR= Werewolves doesn't work at all? :D