Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Nightblades are gonna be FoTM when fixed

• NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Obscure‌

It actually already debuffs the targets it attacks. Enemies that get attacked by the shade deal 15% less damage.

So its a mobility skill, a damage skill, a debuff, and it can't be killed.

Way better than any Sorc pets.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can t log in pts, need a special psw?
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff sorc pets, we have an entire line wasted on them ;(.

They could start with having pets take reduced or no damage from AoE, attacking what you are attacking, and not breaking CC. And pets could use a cleave.

I like that shades got buffed though. It's one of the more interesting NB spells.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only answer is to not fix the NB abilities and also nerf them to the ground on top of it.

That will clearly improve the game.
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NordJitsu‌
    Oh must've worded myself unclear. I know about the debuff, I was suggesting it also have a morph to instead reduce target armor...but hell why not make it an also?

My thinking is if it's going to be a single target class that isn't the highest DPS single target class, it's going to need to at least be the most toxic to deal with.

As for the whole Deadric Summoning line, they should just shove that in under World Magic and give everyone a shot at using those terrible pets. Then give Sorcerers a REAL third skill line. Illusion Magic? Frost Magic? Necromancy? Restoration Magic? What ever they'd use would be better than what is there.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only answer is to not fix the NB abilities and also nerf them to the ground on top of it.

That will clearly improve the game.

So you wanna give them the Vampire treatment lol
  • Kevaliji
    Kevaliji
    VR 6 Nightblade here and i can tell you i have little to no trouble with vet content. I run a resto staff/Duel wield. My primary role is a support role, i can deal decent damage and support heal when needed. With this build i am also able to be considered a primary healer with some of the siphon abilities and ultimate. Only thing that gets me is how little dmg the duel wield abilities do. Also this build does great in pvp for both group and 1v1 situations. I made my nightblade with the intention on being a stealthy assassin but that was thrown out the window fast, assassins are a one trick pony if you ask me.
  • chrisub17_ESO104
    chrisub17_ESO104
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything Nightblades have that will make them OP, especially in pvp. Templars have more potential IMO.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    The NB class need much more tha simply fixing the bugged skills... The class needs a total revision.
  • martymart76_ESO
    martymart76_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Even if us nightblades DO become "FOTM" as your miraculous prophetic powers apparently tell you, we still won't outnumber the amount of neckbeards playing female altmer heavy armor vampire sorcerers.
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Confirmed.

NightBlade on the PTS (currently running 1.1) is amazing.
    Obscure wrote: »
    @NordJitsu
    Still needs a buff IMO.

No matter how much you give -it is still not enough for them.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well if darkshade becomes interesting ill likely start using them in my vampire blood mage build :/ currently it looks like I use funnel health sap essence healing ward shadowcloak and draining attack, if I replace my healing shield with shade ill have an effective way of dealing dps all while not taking any damage myself. I tested it recently and running draining attack with resto staff restore more mana then what the shadowcloak spells cost you effectively allowing you to fight in a green light red light mode and avoiding all damage against most target altrought you will still get hit some time.

Shadowcloak resto staff draining attack was not nerfed because it doesn't cause trouble in pvp (player have better reaction time then the average bosses) and because altrought a NB using this combo can effectively solo a Veteran dungeon it takes hours to do so and is somewhat not worth it. NB can effectively solo the whole game with a restoration staff and a little shadow magic however its not the most effective tactics as it is utherly time consuming. With the darkshade working as a dps dealing tech it will be possible for this build to actualy deal exelent damage while keeping periodic stealth on ''pet damage do not break stealth''

If this was even an issue it could be called as a lack of reaction from the mobs but I don't think its an issue. Just a nice combo that deals very little damage but gets your quest boss done with ease.

An exemple of how to use shadowcloak effectively as a NB...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJVgYs3MFA4
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 7, 2014 2:13PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Obscure‌

It actually already debuffs the targets it attacks. Enemies that get attacked by the shade deal 15% less damage.

So its a mobility skill, a damage skill, a debuff, and it can't be killed.

Way better than any Sorc pets.
    dark shade or dark image?dark shade isn t a mobility skill
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElSlayer wrote: »
    Confirmed.

NightBlade on the PTS (currently running 1.1) is amazing.
    Obscure wrote: »
    @NordJitsu
    Still needs a buff IMO.

No matter how much you give -it is still not enough for them.

Them? I main Dunmer DK, always have. You must be referring to the them that wants the game to have 4 good classes rather than 2 good, 1 average, and another that's just a way to mod ESO into a dying simulator.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »
    It seems a bit unwise to spec high in magicka while rolling a werewolf.

It seems a bit unwise to roll a werewolf at the moment.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO