Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Nightblades are gonna be FoTM when fixed

Xnemesis
Xnemesis
✭✭✭✭
Nightblades are already one of the hardest classes to play hands down. We are very good at short burst single target DPS. When it comes to any type of group play or zerg vs zerg we really fall short. Most nightblades would also agree that along with out difficult class play we have a ton of buggy abilities and passives. Nightblades have been playing a hard/broken class since launch. When the fixes finally come it will be easy mode and all of the good Nightblades will become, in most of the communities eyes, OP. I just hope then when we do get fixed we don't get immediately nerfed, because I've seen it happen before. This is basically how it normally happens. We get fixed and start excelling so others roll our class, but cant figure it out so they cry that we need nerf. This is from all of us NBs who look forward to a class that has abilities that actually go off when activated and passives that finally work, please don't nerf us when the community sees our full potential!
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never really had a problem with my Nightblade (he is veteran rank 2)..I didn't even notice most of these supposedly broken skills.

I just got bored with him :x
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR3 here and I love my NB even with the active/passive ability bugs. Just makes me think we will become even more lethal when fixed.... Sorry you got bored with your NB though it is a challenging class to play in VR for sure.
    Edited by Xnemesis on May 5, 2014 7:31PM
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't find it challenging...I just got bored.

I had been using the same set up since like level 15...maybe I should have changed my build (Tried a different weapon, tried out the siphoning skill tree [ i had 0 points invested there], tried anything different. Different armor type...) but I didn't change my build and I just got bored.

It did work quite well though. Maybe that's why it was boring...because it was effective.
    Edited by Ravinsild on May 5, 2014 7:33PM
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would agree it is very effective 1 vs 1 in PvP but not anything that is special in a group environment. Same thing with PvE, anything over three enemies and you could have your work cut out for ya in Vet content.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dont think so. Even with the bugs fixed its not going to change much since we dont really have any "op" moves. Now if they start going overboard buffing us like crazy for no reason then maybe, but they are just fixing bugs and buffing skills we never use like path of darkness :s .
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • ahspear37
    ahspear37
    ✭✭
    I love my Nightblade. I also haven't run into any big bugs with them yet (the only one I have is that occasionally my Soul Siphon won't activate, making my utlimate skill useless at times). I can't imagine how powerful he will be if there are any buffs to the class.
    Breton Bloodmage
    Breton Templar Crusader
    Daggerfall Covenant!
  • Deviante
    Deviante
    ✭✭
    I too have been discouraged on my nightblade, I am focused on pve and in a group situation there is just no desire or requirement for a nightblade. We offer little in the way of group synergies or contribution and our dps is often less than 60% of our counter parts.
    I am just about to hit vet 9 and have not struggled greatly with any challenges in game, we have builds that work for solo content and I have had no issues soloing most of the world bosses I have faced so far or fighting groups of 3 enemies. It is sustained dps and crowd control that we need to see improved. I can only hope the upcoming changes bring us up to speed.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is weird I have also noticed its magicka only or stam only type builds. If you try to balance them both you come up short everywhere lol. Has anyone found a good balanced magicka and stam build yet.
  • MasterLanz
    MasterLanz
    ✭✭✭
    Same on the boredom. I never have a problem with my Nightblade. It's just getting really boring doing the same rotation in every fight.

Honestly, I'm not even that mad about the nightblade. It's about Zenimax's asinine respec costs. If it was half-way close to reasonable, I'd just respec and try a different style of nightblade.
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    fixing some bugs is not going to fix the class.

although they say they are going to "look at" some of the skills that people don't use much because it is weak - like path of darkness...who knows.

it's not going to fundamentally change the fact that it's a stamina-based, single-target from stealth class that marginally does that better than anybody else. (maybe 10% better with the fixed passives).

[updated]
    Actually reading this makes me depressed because I feel the class is fundamentally flawed.

It's a single-target solo class in a game that is designed to be group focused and multi-targets and AoE CC.
    Edited by twistedmonk on May 6, 2014 4:46AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree we nightblades need a little help and make it so i can switch weapons and make it so i can clik on the skills and they work. cause right now the skills dont work especially in crowds im not able protect myself due to inability to hit light heavy or any attack at all. skills just stop workingl. and since im also a vampire i was depending on that speed skill to help me escape when i needed to but that skill in vampire passive speed is not working so basicly im a walking target.

im veteran btw, i just got there with some help from friends. but if i had to solo it to there id been took a long time and hella struggle worse then allready have had.
    Edited by Gilvoth on May 6, 2014 4:51AM
  • Raistin1
    Raistin1
    Meh, all classes seem to have the problem of "abilities that don't go off when they should". If I'm casting too fast, it's not uncommon that one or two spells in a chain won't cast.
    Check out ESO Guide Central for great guides, tips, and info!
  • Brangwen
    Brangwen
    ✭✭
    I'm a NB and I've had no trouble getting to VR 4 on my own. Sure, I haven't done any PvP yet, but it has worked fine in PvE, both in a group and solo. It will be nice if they fix the bugs though :) And you are not forced to be stamina based just because you are a NB, why would you be?
  • Drekor
    Drekor
    ✭✭
    Except DK's still exist... Once vamps get nerfed down people will actually start setting everyone on fire, it'll be fun.
  • Biding_My_Time
    I read "When we get fixed and are OP I hope we don't get nerfed."
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning bow nightblades are already rather strong. They'll need to get nerfed or they'll become 1v1 pvp gods, and everyone will roll them because what people care in pvp mostly is not dying to others 1v1.

What they always needed was more group utility.
    Edited by Crescent on May 6, 2014 6:37AM
  • tintin_milou
    Xnemesis wrote: »
    It is weird I have also noticed its magicka only or stam only type builds. If you try to balance them both you come up short everywhere lol. Has anyone found a good balanced magicka and stam build yet.

I am only level 22 now and have equal health, stamina and magicka. I was going to do this equally all the way to 50. But this does not work too well? Could you tell me your distribution please? Could other people share their distributions?

BTW I am a bow/DW nightblade. Wearing 5 Med/ 2 Light armors. Someone suggested I should just use all 7 Med. I was thinking to use the 2 Light armor to gain experience just in case the light armor will be very useful later on. Any advice?
  • Brangwen
    Brangwen
    ✭✭
    2 light 5 med armor is good, especially if you put points in the passives. I use only magica enchants, but then I'm a Bosmer, so my stamina is ok anyway..
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well as a nightblade bloodmage and one of the first siphonhealer ever doing vet 3 right now I can only go and tell this much my build work 100% in vet content at time better then most builds.

Restoration staff AOE dps gets things done with sap essence
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 6, 2014 12:16PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    @Aerieth - PC EU Megaserver
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    From patch notes long forgotten:
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even once every Nightblade skill is working as intended, Nightblade itself still won't be working as intended. Still no reliable disengage like a Sorc, still less single target DPS than Sorc, and still less sustain than the Sorc.

Nightblade will need some warm love by the fire after it gets all fixed up before it can be taken seriously. Far to many ways to build them, and most of those are bad. I'd like the inverse to be true...and for that also to apply to Templar. Outside of a narrow build scope Nightblade, even a bugless one, is not going to ever stack up to Sorcs or DK's without some better skills.
    Edited by Obscure on May 6, 2014 7:33PM
  • ConciseRex
    ConciseRex
    ✭✭
    To be fair even with the bugs, I can solo most VR World Bosses I have came across so far (I am VR2 and just started Eastmarch). Using Shadow Cloak(Morph does not matter) and Suprise attack with light attacks/Heavy attack knock down with Leeching Strikes returning huge amounts of magika allowing me to keep the Target stun Locked for long periods of time and if my Health/Stam/Magika gets too low I pop Invigorating Drain to return some Health and Stam and Seeing as i have Magika Regen softcapped its returns fairly quick during the 4 second stun. In PvP if you open with Teleport strike the instant 1.5s Stun and power boost to a follow up Suprise Attack and a few hits from Killers Blade and even tough enemys go down. DK with lots of health? Teleport Strike > Incapacitating Strike and you have 1.5s stun and 3s Knockdown. Like said before NB is poor at AOE and CC is tough but somehow I dont think they were ever meant for Mass AOE. If you are desperate Des Staff/Siphoning is pretty solid with the power drain morphed to heal. If I do dungeons now I let the Sorc do his AOE and I will single target DPS the healers then Archers that are outside the Sorc range, which tbh feels more like my class was made for.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seriously doubt theyll become fotm. Even with everything working I dont see any appeal for a sorc or dk (havent played templar so cant say) to reroll NB.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirmed.

NightBlade on the PTS (currently running 1.1) is amazing.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Confirmed.

Oh? Elaborate plz.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed.

Oh? Elaborate plz.

Yes, please do.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirmed.

Oh? Elaborate plz.

Dark Shades now does more damage. The damage it deals is really really good. It enables you to teleport around the battle field. The shade itself cannot be attacked and killed by enemy players or NPCs.

They've fixed numerous bugs, such as the problem where Focused Attacks was not restoring Stamina or Sap Essence not granting the appropriate Weapon Damage bonus.

Mostly, they are bug fixes rather than buffs. But these fixes make the class what it should have been from the beginning (and there are supposedly more incoming.)
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far not impressed :disappointed:
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NordJitsu
    Still needs a buff IMO. Maybe make Dark Shade a switcheroo game where both the shade and the Nightblade are indistinguishable from one another. If you're using a bow it's using a bow. You're using a d-staff it's using a d-staff (think Mesmer clones in GW2). And give the ability to teleport swap with it, and give it the ability to do some kind of armor reducing debuff or damage debuff, then the skill might be on par with the nasty things I've seen and done with my DK...and damn would it be fun to play a NB.