Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Vampirism -Balancing toward playable yet immersive-

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What you say is logical sadly the ESO lore is unlogical and doesnt care for balance x.x
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 13, 2014 2:22AM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And based on what grounds did you decide to specifically cut out dawnguard lore where the vampires can talk to people normally even on max stage?
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    I think your on to something. I'm a bigger fan of gradual > sweeping changes, but the stage downsides of reduced health regen are definitely the place to start.

I would have changed that before even altering the cost reduction
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (words)

Elder scroll online - Vampire has 4 stage

stage 1: 25% weakness to fire (no real advantage but you have low fire weakness)

stage 2: 50% weakness to fire -25% on health regeneration you recover 20% of the cost of vampire spell you use

stage 3: 75% weakness to fire -50% on health regeneration you recover 40% of the cost of vampire spell you use

stage 4: 100% weakness to fire -75% on health regeneration you recover 60% of the cost of vampire spell you use all npc attack or refuse to talk to you. Guards attack you on sight.

(more words)

Once trained 10% recovery on magicka and stamina reduction on damage taken when under 50% health and increased stealth speed, all those buffs works only at night

(even more words)

I like the concept of at stage 1 you're relatively 'human' in appearance and aside from the passives gained you receive no real edge and once you hit stage 4 you're a blood thirsty beast who's stronger but also much weaker.

I feel that the whole 'regeneration the cost of a vampire spell you use' concept might be tricky to implement and also puts people back to where they were previously. Stack reduction gear -> fill up ultimate -> use ultimate -> recover 60% (say you're ultimate costs 100 and you recover 60) -> do 2-3 AoE spells -> use ultimate and repeat (assuming I'm understanding you correctly). You say the 100% fire weakness will deter people.. but people will just enchant 3 pieces of equipment with fire resistance and shrug it off, the constant life steal paired with 5-6 people spamming their ultimate alongside defence spells means they won't die rapidly.

Perhaps something along the lines of as your stages progress your gain the weaknesses you mentioned plus spells gain extra abilities. Be it spells doing bonus damage / having different effects or actually unlocking more spells (perhaps one for each stage).
    Having NPCs refuse to communicate with you is a bit extreme given how quest based this game is.. come grinding time sure, but eh, it serves no real reason outside of role-play. Likewise not being able to access fundamental things like the bank is pretty silly, unless there's a vampire alternative.

You do realise the day : night cycle isn't 4 hours : 4 hours right? It's more like 5 hours : 1 hour or something. Having passives only have an impact at night is... horrible. Given the type of vampirism ESO vampires have and how they're strong during the day and are stronger at night, that wouldn't make much sense lore speaking. Furthermore, I feel this would kill the vampire skill line, I'm mostly a vampire for the passives and while I think the spells need a fix I'm honestly not bothered just yet.. so destroying passives purely to appease a minority is senseless.

Overall I feel many of your purposed changes makes vampires less playable and while they appear more immersive.. they will break the skill line.
    Edited by The_Sadist on May 13, 2014 1:33PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums