Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Another Busted Skill - Dual Wield: Twin Blade & Blunt

Hadan_of_Rift
Hadan_of_Rift
✭✭✭✭
Not only does Dual Wield have the Flurry lock up your character bug, but yeah the highest skill in the line just doesn't do anything. I was so excited to finally hit level 41 to train in Twin Blade & Blunt. +2.5% crit rating with daggers. I was at 30% crit rate and spent my point, 2 daggers = +5% = 35% crit rate ... Awesome. What did I get... you guessed it 30% crit rate.

So I switch to my sword +1.5% damage increase, nope damage is the same on that too. Yeah!
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dagger buffs will be fixed in 1.1. I can't speak to the other aspects since I haven't tested them, but those should be okay as well.
    The Psijic Order
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    Playing as a nightblade/archer-dual wielder myself, I can definitely say that a good portion of the dual wield and night blade siphon/assassination skills are broken. I didn't even bother putting points in shadows, the stealth is fairly worthless for it's short timer.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dagger buffs will be fixed in 1.1. I can't speak to the other aspects since I haven't tested them, but those should be okay as well.
    I was trying to find what is on the PTS server being tested and couldn't find it. It is on the forums somewhere and I just missed it? Thanks
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a wall of text, but here is a copy and discussion of the patch notes from the PTS. Keep in mind that these could easily (and probably will) change come live.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87867/patch-notes-v-1-1-inc-craglorn-from-pts/p1
    The Psijic Order
  • Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a wall of text, but here is a copy and discussion of the patch notes from the PTS. Keep in mind that these could easily (and probably will) change come live.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87867/patch-notes-v-1-1-inc-craglorn-from-pts/p1

Thanks. Unfortunately the don't seem to address bug fixes for Flurry or Twin Blade
    Dual Wield
    Dual Wield Expert:
    Updated the tooltip for this passive to display how Weapon Damage it actually increases Weapon Damage
    Slightly increased the bonus damage granted by rank II of Dual Wield Expert.
    Flying Blade (morph of Hidden Blade)
    Increased the cost of Flying Blade. It now has the same cost as Hidden Blade.
    Those who have spent Skill Points in the Flying Blade passive will have those points returned to their overall skill point pool. You may place those Skill Points back in this ability if you wish, or invest them elsewhere.
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, I went into the PTS to check the dagger stuff. I have 2/2 Twin Blade and Blunt.
    With two non-dagger one handers equipped, my weapon crit is 21%.
    With one dagger that does not have crit chance, my weapon crit is 26%.
    With two daggers without crit chance, my weapon crit is 31%.
    With two daggers, one with 2.5% crit, my weapon crit is 33.5%.
    All is well.
    The Psijic Order
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so the +5% crit its per dagger meaning 2 x Daggers = +10% crit

Good to know.
  • Manofmisery
    Don't forget the dual wield expert 2/2 not working.
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    wanted to check on this, nice nice

waiting for patch i guess
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    I was at 30% crit rate and spent my point, 2 daggers = +5% = 35% crit rate ... Awesome. What did I get... you guessed it 30% crit rate.

It was tested at tamrielfoundry.com that this is just a UI bug, it is actually already working, but simply not added to your char overview crit %.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 8, 2014 11:15PM
  • Zeeed
    Zeeed
    ✭✭✭
    Andy22 Yupnormally i dont even bother with those forums for game mechanics...
  • hamaneb18_ESO
    hamaneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just to confirm, I went into the PTS to check the dagger stuff. I have 2/2 Twin Blade and Blunt.
    With two non-dagger one handers equipped, my weapon crit is 21%.
    With one dagger that does not have crit chance, my weapon crit is 26%.
    With two daggers without crit chance, my weapon crit is 31%.
    With two daggers, one with 2.5% crit, my weapon crit is 33.5%.
    All is well.

what about pressure points in the assassination tree?
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hamaneb18_ESO‌ Made a fresh template nightblade.
    With no skills, I have zero crit.
    With one assasination skill on my bar, I have zero crit.
    With one assassination skill in my bar and rank one Pressure Points, have 1.5% in both crit types.
    With all assassination abilities on my bar and Pressure Points 1, I have 9% for both crit types.
    With the above and Pressure Points 2, I have 18% both crit types.

In a quick field test, 2 of 10 light attacks on critters critted. The only source of crit chance was from Pressure Points.

Conclusion: Working Properly.
    The Psijic Order
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing as a nightblade/archer-dual wielder myself, I can definitely say that a good portion of the dual wield and night blade siphon/assassination skills are broken. I didn't even bother putting points in shadows, the stealth is fairly worthless for it's short timer.

Well shouted. Hope they fix it all soon.

The problem with shadow cloak is that it is impossible to sneak after it. The attacked group of enemies will run after you as soon as you come out of shadow cloak regardless being couched in sneak. And since the friendly NPC's run after yer for a mile not even repeatedly spamming Shadow cloak will help. Hence shadow cloak is for attack and not for escape and as such it is a joke since Teleport-strike is a much better option in my opinion.

However...that ultimate in Shadow (consuming darkness) is good...if it works. But being an ultimate it is of limited value since it can not be used very often.

My preferred sequence in attacking a group of more than two NPC's would be: Teleport-strike - Flurry (dual wielding) - assassins blade and get out.... well there is no get out because there is not a real escape move. You are stuck fighting two or more NPC's and spam Strife until running out of magicka and then you...die.

Yes i know...we got agony as CC. but it is such a slow cast that it is worthless in a combat situation. by the time you cast agony the Char is dead...especially if there is the slightest lag in the system.

which brings me to the point... the developers did not account at all... or not enough for lag. Not every one is playing from the US ( i am not) and a latency of 260ms - 350ms I call good. Many, many times by the time the system responds to my keyboard commands the fight is over... Char dead and a huge repair bill (in game) left.
  • hamaneb18_ESO
    hamaneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @hamaneb18_ESO‌ Made a fresh template nightblade.
    With no skills, I have zero crit.
    With one assasination skill on my bar, I have zero crit.
    With one assassination skill in my bar and rank one Pressure Points, have 1.5% in both crit types.
    With all assassination abilities on my bar and Pressure Points 1, I have 9% for both crit types.
    With the above and Pressure Points 2, I have 18% both crit types.

In a quick field test, 2 of 10 light attacks on critters critted. The only source of crit chance was from Pressure Points.

Conclusion: Working Properly.

thanks alot for testing it bro